best headphones/earphones for 100-150 dollars

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggerdjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 biggerdjam
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

Im looking for an affordable pair of earphones/headphones for about that price range with clean bass,ausome mids,and clean highs.I dont really want to by them overpriced and hyped Beats by Dre!.I am a fan of bass but dont like it muddy or overpowering the mids/highs through.Any advise from ya'll?

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

My friend let me borrow this ultrasone dj1. Get it and call it a day. Fast punchy bass if thats what your asking for (little decay just upbeat) , no bloat, and clear highs just a bit weak on mids though personally I dont really care mids since the instruments still work its way with clarity. This beats the solos, studios imo and perhaps even the pro. Theres also the dj1 pro that offers better soundstage, better mids, but arent as aggressive sounding.

Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#3 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts

Honestly, that is the perfect price range for the Audio Technica ATH-M50. They're not just the best headphone in the $100 - $150 range, I'd say they're the best value in headphones, dollar for dollar. You'll find thousands of positive reviews from everyone from headphone enthusiasts on sites like Head-Fi to your average iPod monkey for good reason.

Amazon: 4.7 / 5 stars with 440 customer reviews
Head-Fi Rank: #6 of all headphones, #3 in over-ear
HeadRoom Recommended in its price range

Get them and never look back.

Boz

kai_311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kai_311
Member since 2004 • 444 Posts
+1 for the ATH-M50. I got the M50s with the straight cable but they usually comes with a coiled cable.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
I personally feel the Shure 840s are better than the M50s and are in the same price range
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

Shure 840s would be a decent choice.

The audio and music community that I visit frequently recommending these 2 headphones (below) the most. For monitoring, mixing, mastering, and recording. (in the price range listed)

Sennheiser HD280 (I own these) Cheapest of the 3, I found mine new online Amazon.com on sale for $69 free shipping, awesome offer.

Audio Technica ATH-M50.

All around the same price. They are all 3 good headphones. If you prefer a little more bass, I would go with the ATH-M50.

All 3 would also benefit from a decent headphone amp as well, but it isn't required.