Best and Worst stories in a FPS or 3PS Shooter...AND WHY

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KFear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KFear
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts

Sometimes a good story is hard to come by with these games. What is the best story, and what is the worst? Please say why.

Best: Max Payne 1 and 2. A little confusing at times, but through simple comic strips, you start to really feel for Max as the story unfolds. It takes the whole "tough as nails cop with nothing to lose" and adds a whole new sense of darkness to it. Sure, it's not a BIG story, but it's the best IMO because it achieved so much while putting forth so little. One of the best characters too. Bioshock and Mass Effect are up there, but for some reason I always come back to Max.

Worst: Jericho was a mess, but inventive all the same. The award goes to Crysis. It's like they didn't even try with this story and they just focused on the gameplay. It's a mess. It was as if a three year old was telling you a story and was justing making it all up as he went. A shame too.

These large budget titles come to mind the most. Basically, I'd like to get some ideas of future games to play. I want a really good story, but i don't want to sit through a whole RPG to get it, at least, not all the time.

Thanks!