Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - A Disappointment.

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts

Although the core gameplay of BFBC2 is incredible and extremely engaging, just getting to that point of being able to play the game is an incredible hassle. There are so many problems with the game that it's not even funny, and they should have delayed the game by another month to fix these problems. I know the game was just released and there are always problems with freshly released games, but this is just ridiculous.

- Failed to login, please try again.
- Unable to connect to EA Online, please try again.
- Sorry, we were unable to find any games
- Punkbuster kicks
- Graphical errors
- Registry problems

It's unreal how close to the beta this game is. I thought the beta was supposed to be an old, outdated, and broken model of the game; what happened to that? Sure, all of the problems can be fixed in patches, but we've seen how quickly DICE is with patching. Although they make their patches fix an incredible amount of problems, they take time.

This was supposed to be the MW2 killer, or at the very least, the replacement to MW2 since everyone was all butthurt about it. Now I'm seeing that this game has more problems than any other game I've played at release.

DICE needs to get on it, now.

SemperFi10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SemperFi10
Member since 2004 • 3139 Posts

I think that EA wasn't expecting BFBC2 to do as well as it has. Judging by performance of the first one, they probably didn't put up as many servers as they needed. So certain times throughout the day are really hard on the servers. I can connect just fine between 10pm and 5am when traffic is low. But when I get home from work it's impossible to even login, let alone find a game.

I'm getting extremely pissed off at EA for their slow response. It's not that hard to install new servers, it was my job for five years.

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 theafiguy
They are supposedly putting up more servers today, and having them up and working by tomorrow. If they didn't expect the game to do so well, they really didn't look around. It was being hyped up like a beast.
SemperFi10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SemperFi10
Member since 2004 • 3139 Posts
Sometimes the disconnect between publishers and gamers can be a wide one. It's hard to collect solid data based off of forum and blog posts. Previous sales are a more solid parameter. Also you have to take into account that the majority of game sales are made to people that have done no prior research and thus are less likely to have an online presence to voice an opinion.
OnFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 OnFive
Member since 2010 • 73 Posts

I canceled my pre-order because of this and the fact that it takes a whole mag to kill someone. Like I have said they had similar problems in beta and did very little but I'm sure given some time they'll fix it...

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 theafiguy
Most of the in-game issues from the beta (with the exception of optimization, still that was pretty much fixed too) were remedied. The only problems now are the 10 plagues of facking connection issues.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

I canceled my pre-order because of this and the fact that it takes a whole mag to kill someone. Like I have said they had similar problems in beta and did very little but I'm sure given some time they'll fix it...

OnFive

Try aiming at their head instead of the ground around them and you will find that is actually not true.

Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts

[QUOTE="OnFive"]

October_Tide

Try aiming at their head instead of the ground around them and you will find that is actually not true.

This. I kill people with just 3 taps on my mouse with a solid aim.
MEOWWW123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MEOWWW123
Member since 2008 • 870 Posts

People need to stop being whiny little cry babies, most games have issues in the first week of launch, but people are too impatient to wait the 1-2 weeks... Im happy that some people canceld their pre order. They obviously have no patience and i would never want to play a game with them.

OnFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OnFive

BS lol, all the reviews say the same thing. People are and I quote "damage sponges" so don't pretend you can show up behind a group of people and pull some quick head shots. In the time it takes you to click you mouse 3 times the others have turned around. Also how are people saying they fixed the problems in beta when people are still getting lag? I haven't played since beta ended so the game may be different but there was lag in the servers all the way up to launch which to me indicated that they knew there would be issues but didn't do anything.

TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TruedUp
Member since 2002 • 691 Posts

OnFive

C'mon, be real here. You never pre-ordered the game.

And Im not in a rush. I played through the whole PS3 beta and the PC beta, so I can wait while they resolve the issues. Every big multiplayer game nowadays goes through this. Its annoying, it shouldn't happen, but its not surprising. Just have patience. For those who didnt play the beta, you will most likely enjoy the experience if you are in any way interested in FPSs.

MEOWWW123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MEOWWW123

BS lol, all the reviews say the same thing. People are and I quote "damage sponges" so don't pretend you can show up behind a group of people and pull some quick head shots. In the time it takes you to click you mouse 3 times the others have turned around. Also how are people saying they fixed the problems in beta when people are still getting lag? I haven't played since beta ended so the game may be different but there was lag in the servers all the way up to launch which to me indicated that they knew there would be issues but didn't do anything.

OnFive

You can...

If you aim its quite easy

OnFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OnFive

[QUOTE="OnFive"]

TruedUp

And Im not in a rush. I played through the whole PS3 beta and the PC beta, so I can wait while they resolve the issues. Every big multiplayer game nowadays goes through this. Its annoying, it shouldn't happen, but its not surprising. Just have patience. For those who didnt play the beta, you will most likely enjoy the experience if you are in any way interested in FPSs.

Let me see if I can find the e-mail from steam... until then flame on you sad BC2 fanboys! I won't talk about you'r perfect MW2 beater anymore...

BluePaw-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BluePaw-
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts

For some reason, i'm getting 'failed to connect to ea online', i was playing it fine earlier.

MEOWWW123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MEOWWW123

[QUOTE="OnFive"]

TruedUp

This

OnFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OnFive

Hello *****,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

As requested, we have processed a refund to your account.

Your confirmation number is: ******************

Your bank or credit card issuer will return the funds to your account - please allow 3-5 business days for the funds to be posted.

Please note in the future that Steam purchases, per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, are not refundable.

Steam Subscriber Agreement
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement

If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

EDIT: Silly fanboys, tricks are for kids! It's obvious you're just gonna flame anybody who states a negative FACT about this game...

RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RedDanDoc
Member since 2005 • 3720 Posts
I bet you ty

People need to stop being whiny little cry babies, most games have issues in the first week of launch, but people are too impatient to wait the 1-2 weeks... Im happy that some people canceld their pre order. They obviously have no patience and i would never want to play a game with them.

MEOWWW123
Quoted for Truth. He's right people aught to chill out and be patient.
JDBar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JDBar
Member since 2006 • 132 Posts

I had problems until they released the R4 servers, then I was finally able to play online. All the downtime though allowed me to play the single-player campaign, which I probably would have never finished if it weren't for the servers being broken. :P

It surprises me some people have already logged 40+ hours online.

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 theafiguy
We're getting R5 on our server now, but still. I know that games have issues on the first week and month of release, but apparently some people can't read and process the information properly when I said that despite that, the current quality is the worst I have ever seen. LET ME RETYPE THIS FOR SOME PEOPLE I expect problems with release, but this release is by far the worst I have ever experienced. EA could have easily done a better job than what we currently have.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

Silly fanboys, tricks are for kids! It's obvious you're just gonna flame anybody who states a negative FACT about this game...

OnFive

Um, taking an entire clip to kill someone isn't a fact. Just today I killed 3 people with one mag then dropped another guy with a grenade launcher before having to reload.

At a distance it takes nearly half a mag, but I can only see myself improving. In BF2, you start out not being able to hit anything, but you inevitably get to the point where you can kill 5 people with a single clip because you can land every shot. Battlefield has never been an easy FPS and sometimes I'm glad of that.

Adam-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Adam-117
Member since 2007 • 238 Posts

Just quickly read through the posts, not sure if anyone mentioned this. But for the people complaining about it taking a whole mag to kill some one, play on hardcore servers. Only takes a few bullets to kill someone. It's annoying how people complain about how "it takes so long to kill people, they should have made it easier"....We'll they did. I guess since the answer isn't slapping you in the face you whine instead. Try looking first.

njs72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 njs72
Member since 2005 • 126 Posts

Ive never been so frustrated over a computer game lol... i feel such a geek, like those kiddy wow players you see on you tube beating up their keyboards. First of all id like to say the game itself from my limited experience in the beta was an astonishing experience so im not criticising the game but guys i gotta have my say whether you like it or not.

Ive only just about managed 2 minutes max of play time on this game tonight till i got booted and now not connecting at all. Everytime i restarted i had to type in the CD key, sooo frustrating. Just checked their forums and the servers are beeing updated :-/ Why ffs do they release this game when they planning on server updates the same dam day its released, this should have been done and prepared FOR! its release, its absurd. I mean EA seriously needs to look at its server management teams and sack a few people. Deeply frustrated.

If im unable to get a go on BFBC2 tonight or over the weekend im returning the game for refund out of principle and forget BC2 was ever created..

So Very Deeply dissapointed with EA. :-( I guess ill have to go back to MW :-)

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Well as a product it aint the "next coming of jesus" everyone thought Its just another multiplatform games with each share of issues on the pc.
njs72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 njs72

The game itself is not the issue here, its being able to play it is the issue. After a really hard weeks work and knowing that BFBC2 that i Preordered! is lieing on the floor waiting for me to get home, got me some beers up the shop, call me sad but i was sooooo looking forward to this game tonight. :-S

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
Well as a product it aint the "next coming of jesus" everyone thought Its just another multiplatform games with each share of issues on the pc.dakan45
No one ever thought it was the "next coming of Jesus" no one ever said that. Stop posting please.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/933150-updates-servers-now-soon.html

This is a link to what they have said they are doing today. Hopefully this will help those that cannot play. I have been having a blast with this game!

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
The game is great fun when it works - but I find it odd how they actually added problems that didn't even exist in the beta (like not being able to look through shield turrets).
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="MEOWWW123"]

Koltr0nTheGreat

People need to quit being such BattleFeild Bad Company 2 fanboys. This game sucks, face it, the only play is terrible. The campaign however is a whole nother world it's great. But not online. Simply retarded. You should have to have "patience" on a game you just wasted 54 bucks on. Sorry, but a finished product is expected at that point.

Yes it has problems. Should it? No it should not, but do many games especially online MP games have problems liek this? yes often times they do, not suck it up and either wait or don't play the game. I love the game and have been playing for over 6 hours online lately without a problem. It will be fixed, and yes it is one of the best MP games out there.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Well as a product it aint the "next coming of jesus" everyone thought Its just another multiplatform games with each share of issues on the pc.SF_KiLLaMaN
No one ever thought it was the "next coming of Jesus" no one ever said that. Stop posting please.

Every pc gamer praise it like the next coming of Jesus and bashed mw2 desperately, so stop replying please.

njs72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 njs72

BFBC2 is astonishing to play, im also a huge fan of the Modern Warfare games, BC2 beats MW and MW2 hands down. Just Please EA sort these dam servers out PLEASE!

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 theafiguy
A lot of people were saying "Pfffft, MW2! I'm waiting for BFBC2 because it's sooooooooooooo much better!" but in reality the gameplay isn't all that much different from other BF games, and there are a seriously heavy amount of technical issues that weren't around in the beta.
RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RedDanDoc
but in reality the gameplay isn't all that much different from other BF games,theafiguy
and your point being ?
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dakan45
A lot of people were saying "Pfffft, MW2! I'm waiting for BFBC2 because it's sooooooooooooo much better!" but in reality the gameplay isn't all that much different from other BF games, and there are a seriously heavy amount of technical issues that weren't around in the beta.theafiguy
What this user is trying to say is that many people praised the game like its gonna be flawless and now that its out many people have seen that it has its own share of server issues and other gameplay things taht people bashed mw2. So what he means is that its kinda annoying to see people who thought that they bash mw2 without bias to say things like "Server issues, oh wll its not that much of big deal...game is still awesome" It just creates a frustration effect to be honest.
Rawtheory333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rawtheory333
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

I laugh at at you people complaining. Sucks to be you. I'm on a clan server playin with cool a clan of folks and even with a couple of drop outs, I have gotten 16+ hours of practically seamless gameplay so far. Its the best time I've had online since first diving into TF2. The tactical possibilities that occur in one match is staggering and the only other game I expect to compare in that regard is StarCraft 2. I expect to be playing this game for years because the tactics will evolve over time just like StarCraft.

I pre-ordered AvP the same time I did BFBC2, and THATS a game worthy of feeling ripped off about.

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 theafiguy

[QUOTE="theafiguy"] but in reality the gameplay isn't all that much different from other BF games,RedDanDoc
and your point being ?

A lot of people overhyped the game to be the next generation of FPS gaming, that it was going to introduce some spectacularly new things to the genre that haven't been done. The only thing that BFBC2 has done that I consider setting a new bar is that the game has a nice feel to weapons that dramatically punishes spraying and praying ala CoD.

I wasn't saying it wasn't fun, BF will probably always be fun, but it's not what people were making it out to be.

RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RedDanDoc

[QUOTE="RedDanDoc"][QUOTE="theafiguy"] but in reality the gameplay isn't all that much different from other BF games,theafiguy

and your point being ?

A lot of people overhyped the game to be the next generation of FPS gaming, that it was going to introduce some spectacularly new things to the genre that haven't been done. The only thing that BFBC2 has done that I consider setting a new bar is that the game has a nice feel to weapons that dramatically punishes spraying and praying ala CoD.

I wasn't saying it wasn't fun, BF will probably always be fun, but it's not what people were making it out to be.

I honestly dont think you can improve on the core game play from BF2 apart from graphics and destructable environments etc but thats just my opinion.
njs72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 njs72

I love my Modern Warfare games but when i tried the BC2 beta i knew that both call of duty games will be shelved when this goes retail. This is probably the most fun experience ive ever had in a multiplayer game so i do indeed disagree with all of those that think BC2 is crappy.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NaveedLife

18:55:13

[QUOTE="theafiguy"] but in reality the gameplay isn't all that much different from other BF games,RedDanDoc
and your point being ?

LOL! They are NOT even close to being the same besides they are modern and have guns. One plays like a unreal tournament game, and the other a strategic team based game.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

From the menus to the gameplay pretty much every aspect (from what i played in the beta) felt so clumsy and I just didn't want to play at all.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#44 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

- Unable to connect to EA Online, please try again..

theafiguy

Servers are down bro.

Link

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

[QUOTE="theafiguy"]

Steameffekt

Servers are down bro.

Link

Mmm looks like it's not just BC2 that's out. Hopefully they can fix this soon provided it's nothing short of a nuclear detonation in their server room.

chillums420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 chillums420
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Nice one EA, picked it up yesterday and can't even play it!
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I've been enjoying it a lot over the past couple of days, actually. All the problems that I had from the beta have been resolved.. it seems occasionally the server crashes, but my friends and I have just had to find another server. My client also crashed once, and then I had trouble joining games. So it definitely hasn't been problem-free, but for the most part its been quite solid.

I also like all the maps so far.. the weapons, the vehicles.. the shooting mechanics are much better tahn in beta. It seems the hit detection is a lot better and it helps that the game runs much more smooth as well.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

Hello *****,

Your bank or credit card issuer will return the funds to your account - please allow 3-5 business days for the funds to be posted.

Please note in the future that Steam purchases, per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, are not refundable.

EDIT: Silly fanboys, tricks are for kids! It's obvious you're just gonna flame anybody who states a negative FACT about this game...

OnFive

It's not a fact. Damn, I kill people with 2-3 shots. You just can't aim for ****

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 theafiguy

[QUOTE="theafiguy"]

Steameffekt

Servers are down bro.

Link

My clan has been having these issues prior to the servers going down.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="OnFive"]

Hello *****,

morrowindnic

It's not a fact. Damn, I kill people with 2-3 shots. You just can't aim for ****

Lol yep. Depending on the gun it takes 1 to 5 shots or so. more if you have long distance body shots with a bad weapon for that. but usually its around 3 or 3 shots. People just DO NO KNOW HOW TO AIM!