Battlefield 3 with a gamepad problems?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

merigoldsass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 merigoldsass
Member since 2011 • 575 Posts

please do not rant about how keyboard and mouse is the best, perfect, only way, etc... to play pc fps games, i do not want to hear it.

I am trying to play Battlefield 3 singleplayer campaign with a ps3 controller and/ or xbox 360 controller, they both work about 90%. However when there is something like press left mouse button to punch a guy in the face, the fire button on the controller does not work. i literally have to put down the controller and start using the keyboard and mouse for those scenes. also there are no xbox 360 button pop ups, like press B to do this. i have played at least 20 recent pc games that have this, is there a way to turn this on? any help would be appreciated as i want to enjoy the single player with a gamepad.

AR-15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AR-15
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts

I had a similar problem with Bad Company 2. In order to "knife" someone, I had to put down the controller and use the keyboard & mouse.

Lame.

heatherhalifax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 heatherhalifax
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts

I was having same issues, you can download xpadder and bind keyboard keys to controller and then the game will work properly with controller, if you want to set up different binds just go into game options and set keyboard binds because your controller is acting like a keyboard mouse combo. Hope that helps

merigoldsass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 merigoldsass
Member since 2011 • 575 Posts

If you are playing it on pc you should not be using a controller.

DeViLzzz

i guess you do not know how to read

the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6 the_mailman
Member since 2003 • 497 Posts
everything worked fine in the alpha and beta, but yeah, now having issues

DeViLzzz
why not? FPSs were meant to be played with triggers, not mice. Save the mice for wow and starcraft or whatever.
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts

DeViLzzz
Even though the TC stated that they didn't want to hear about it.....the quoted post is still true.
IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts
[QUOTE="the_mailman"]everything worked fine in the alpha and beta, but yeah, now having issues

DeViLzzz
why not? FPSs were meant to be played with triggers, not mice. Save the mice for wow and starcraft or whatever.

console sticks have acceleration, mouse targeting is instant. its quite a big advantage.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

geez guys hes playing SP let him play how he wants. I thought that was the whole advantage of PC gaming you know playing how you want. I vote the xpadder route which should work.

Cj19_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Cj19_32
Member since 2005 • 662 Posts
I find it ridiculous how much people criticize us who use a "Gamepad." I run with a 360 controller any chance I get and never feel like I'm at disadvantage even ONLINE in BF3.
EvilRai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EvilRai
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="DeViLzzz"]

bblundell
Even though the TC stated that they didn't want to hear about it.....the quoted post is still true.

sorry, but no its not. Guys like you are just stereotyping PC from console. PC should stands for not only for power but versatility over console. Many Pc games out there right now are more easier to play using gamepads (ie: RPGs, Racing amd Sports games). Try to beat someone using a gamepad in NBA 2K12 using keyboard and mouse. keyboard and mouse are better for RTS and FPS games but should not be restricted. Like what he said, he is trying to play BF3 offline, possibly on his coach, relaxing (not competing) which keyboard and mouse cannot do. So stop those stereotype comments. Let others play games the way they want to, that is the true revolution. Not all PC gamers want to play upclose on a monitor with a mice all the time.
EvilRai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EvilRai
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="IZoMBiEI"][QUOTE="the_mailman"]everything worked fine in the alpha and beta, but yeah, now having issues

DeViLzzz

console sticks have acceleration, mouse targeting is instant. its quite a big advantage.

you can play in a couch or bed with a gamepad, big advantage when you just want to relax while playing (not competing online)
Cj19_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cj19_32

please do not rant about how keyboard and mouse is the best, perfect, only way, etc... to play pc fps games, i do not want to hear it.

I am trying to play Battlefield 3 singleplayer campaign with a ps3 controller and/ or xbox 360 controller, they both work about 90%. However when there is something like press left mouse button to punch a guy in the face, the fire button on the controller does not work. i literally have to put down the controller and start using the keyboard and mouse for those scenes. also there are no xbox 360 button pop ups, like press B to do this. i have played at least 20 recent pc games that have this, is there a way to turn this on? any help would be appreciated as i want to enjoy the single player with a gamepad.

merigoldsass

Some scenes like on the train don't work. But sometimes you have to experiment like when you hop in on a mounted gun in a vehicle it goes from the triggers to the top shoulder button LB and RB. But I don't think you change the pop ups.

Cj19_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cj19_32
I also think the PRESS "E" translates to the B button.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

Set everything to default, write down what each KEYBOARD/MOUSE key is assigned to what, then use XPADDER and create a profile for BF3 by assigning the keys to buttons on your controller.

Cj19_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cj19_32

Set everything to default, write down what each KEYBOARD/MOUSE key is assigned to what, then use XPADDER and create a profile for BF3 by assigning the keys to buttons on your controller.

trastamad03
My experience is xpadder causes more problems than it fixes with a game the already uses a controller.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Use MotionJoy, got my PS3 controller to work on it.