Battlefield 3 beta email...

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Shot at 2011-07-20

Anybody else get it? I'm pretty excited.

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts

Did you have a beta key from MoH or what? (edit: derp, just read the first sentence of the email, lame sauce)

They better give me one, I've been playing since 2002.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
How much earlier to MoH buyers get in?
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
I bought MoH LE and I have yet to get an email. I better get one, it's half the reason I even bought MoH in the first place.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
Ya, I only bought MoH to get BF3 beta, lol. Hope my Invitation arrives soon :D
theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts
I just hope I can try it out a little bit before release, to see if I even want to actually purchase the game.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 C_Rule
I just hope I can try it out a little bit before release, to see if I even want to actually purchase the game.theafiguy
It's going to be an open beta.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Ya, I only bought MoH to get BF3 beta, lol. Hope my Invitation arrives soon :Dtrastamad03
Ditto, but I bought it during the steam sale for $10. I hope they actually give beta keys to the people who purchased it then... otherwise there are going to be a lot of people mad about false advertising.
Avatar image for spiderman120988
spiderman120988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#9 spiderman120988
Member since 2005 • 1421 Posts
I bought MoH LE and I have yet to get an email. I better get one, it's half the reason I even bought MoH in the first place.SF_KiLLaMaN
Me too and I can confirm that I have received this e-mail as well so you guys should be getting it soon! =)
theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts

[QUOTE="theafiguy"]I just hope I can try it out a little bit before release, to see if I even want to actually purchase the game.C_Rule
It's going to be an open beta.

I figured as such, regardless, I just wanna try it.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Man, 2 months is so far off.:cry:

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
To this who got the beta access with MoH, wasn't there a key-code you needed to enter to become eligible? I have friends who mentioned you need to enter a key-code.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 trastamad03
To this who got the beta access with MoH, wasn't there a key-code you needed to enter to become eligible? I have friends who mentioned you need to enter a key-code.the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Don't think so... I think you just need to register MoH to your EA account and that's it. In Steam, the only key i have is the games CD-key, but in the games description, it still states that owners of MoH are eligible for BF3 Beta.
kokonut1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 kokonut1971
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

never got any key, never got an invite....

thesaracen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 thesaracen123
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts

I never bought MOH 2011, would it be possible to still join the BETA by buying MOH now, or am I too late?

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#16 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
So we just need to add the Steam MoH key to Origin and we are entered into the beta?
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

Do we have to do anything after buying moh? I bought it during the steam sale but did nothing besides install it. Am I still going to get this email or do I need to do something else?

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#18 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Yes I got it too. Very excited :D

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Remmib

Do we have to do anything after buying moh? I bought it during the steam sale but did nothing besides install it. Am I still going to get this email or do I need to do something else?

toddx77

Even though it said on the Steam sale page that you'd get into the beta...turns out it's not true.

EA lied.

Check this thread for yourself.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I used to think tha Battlefield 3 would be the GOTY of this year and the most important mp shooter in years, but so far I'm not liking what I'm seeing in vids about the alpha:

-Terrible gameplay design decissions, as disabling grenades and knife through direct hotkeys (you must equip them instead); also the HUD messages pups just in the center of the screen blinding your crosshair vision just as in the crapy Medal Of Honor multiplayer.

-Bad soldier designs, with an assault kit that no longer carries ammunition (that will rend smoke grenades useless to help to take objectives). At the end of the day grenade launchers will be useless (as currently are in BC 2) due people whinning so assault soldiers will no longer exist: everyone will end using defibrillators.

- Paris Metro is a laughlable map: a map that doesn't show the Conquest mode, doesn't use any aerial vehicle and doesn't support 64 players, is used as the main promotion event in the BF 3 marketing campaing? Oh Lord, this will end very, very bad for the game. EA is just having the same mistakes that lend Crysis 2 to underperform...

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

Remmib

Even though it said on the Steam sale page that you'd get into the beta...turns out it's not true.

EA lied.

What!? Well **** you too EA. That's one of the reasons I got the damn game at $20 instead of waiting until it got even cheaper.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 trastamad03

[QUOTE="Remmib"]

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

Phoenix534

EA lied.

What!? Well **** you too EA. That's one of the reasons I got the damn game at $20 instead of waiting until it got even cheaper.

Yup same... I really hate EA now. Well, I've hated them before too, but I hate them more now.

I wish Dice wasn't with EA.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

BF3 Alpha Trial to select users

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

"Q: What are the minimum hardware recommendations for the [Battlefield 3] Alpha Trial?

A: RECOMMENDED WINDOWS PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Installed: Origin
CPU: Quadcore @ 2.0 GHz or faster
RAM: 4GB or more
Hard Drive: 7.25 GB free disk space
Video: 256 MB or greater
DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)
Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card
Internet: broadband connection
Note that these do not necessarily represent the requirements for the final game."

WHOA - is that the "officially official" system specs for BF3 then?

I don't think I ever saw Quad-Core 2.0ghz or faster for any game's system requirements!

Glad I got a i7 920!

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 C_Rule

"Q: What are the minimum hardware recommendations for the [Battlefield 3] Alpha Trial?

DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)
Note that these do not necessarily represent the requirements for the final game."

I don't think I ever saw Quad-Core 2.0ghz or faster for any game's system requirements!

Glad I got a i7 920!

Netherscourge

Those "requirements" mean nothing.

"Video: 256 MB or greater" Christ, they couldn't have been more vague.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

Glad I got a i7 920!

C_Rule

These are the minimum for the alpha testing

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

Glad I got a i7 920!

C_Rule

They don't need to have these requirements fleshed out. They're just for Alpha Testing.

TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TruedUp
Member since 2002 • 691 Posts

I used to think tha Battlefield 3 would be the GOTY of this year and the most important mp shooter in years, but so far I'm not liking what I'm seeing in vids about the alpha:

-Terrible gameplay design decissions, as disabling grenades and knife through direct hotkeys (you must equip them instead); also the HUD messages pups just in the center of the screen blinding your crosshair vision just as in the crapy Medal Of Honor multiplayer.

-Bad soldier designs, with an assault kit that no longer carries ammunition (that will rend smoke grenades useless to help to take objectives). At the end of the day grenade launchers will be useless (as currently are in BC 2) due people whinning so assault soldiers will no longer exist: everyone will end using defibrillators.

- Paris Metro is a laughlable map: a map that doesn't show the Conquest mode, doesn't use any aerial vehicle and doesn't support 64 players, is used as the main promotion event in the BF 3 marketing campaing? Oh Lord, this will end very, very bad for the game. EA is just having the same mistakes that lend Crysis 2 to underperform...

Ondoval
Acctually most of us Battlefield players (you know, the REAL games before Console Company 2) are used to the the way the guns and items are selected, and prefer it. Makes it way harder to knife. Takes skill, not a flick of the wrist and a press of a button. The kits are also very similar to 2142, something i personally love. Not all maps are 64 players, its an urban map, its in alpha for christ sake, and you have not seen anything beyond that video. Do not equate YOU opinion of the "decisions" in the game so far to failure. Yeah it has the potential to suck, as with any game, but so far this game for me personally and all our clanmates who play all the BF games is looking amazing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Ondoval"]

TruedUp

Acctually most of us Battlefield players (you know, the REAL games before Console Company 2) are used to the the way the guns and items are selected, and prefer it. Makes it way harder to knife. Takes skill, not a flick of the wrist and a press of a button. The kits are also very similar to 2142, something i personally love. Not all maps are 64 players, its an urban map, its in alpha for christ sake, and you have not seen anything beyond that video. Do not equate YOU opinion of the "decisions" in the game so far to failure. Yeah it has the potential to suck, as with any game, but so far this game for me personally and all our clanmates who play all the BF games is looking amazing.

+1.

They won't show their best maps first. They will hold off on it. not all maps are arial/ ground vehicle style maps. Even BF2 (As wasdie said) had its vehicle maps and its infantry maps. This is obviously infantry. And equipping weapons is way better than people just running around knifing each other easily. It now takes skill and thinking and decision making on what to do. They also wouldn't have made the classes the way they are now if it didn't work well. The HUD pop ups can easily be fixed after beta if people complain about it. Don't hate the game before you play it

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Ondoval

The only good point here is the first one, and those are not gamebreaking for me, although I would prefer them to be like BC2.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 toddx77

Stupid question but would a nvidia gtx 330 be higher then the 275.33? Also is the moh on steam the special edition?

Glad I got a i7 920!

Netherscourge

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#32 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
They will probably want to test the smaller maps first because they will be the most played on 360, PS3 and PC. I don't expect they will be played much on the PC once people see the larger 64 player maps but you never know. Also with an alpha you will get more kills and encounters on smaller maps so they can better balance weapons and classes. Hopefully larger maps and vehicle combat isn't compromised.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#33 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Ohhh yeah I'll be uhh putting my key in there! Day 1! Ordering people around! Hey buddy! FIX this BUG! What is this?! CD Projekt?! Put yah back into it!! *Witchhh witchhh*

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

I bought MoH LE and I have yet to get an email. I better get one, it's half the reason I even bought MoH in the first place.SF_KiLLaMaN

Yeah same here. As far as I'm aware they have only just started rolling the emails out. I heard someone on the EA forums mention that customer service told him to contact them if they didn't recieve the email within 4 days time.

I'll have to keep an eye on my emails ^^

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 toddx77

Is a nvidia gtx 330 better then the nvidia 275.33 mentioned in the minimum requimrents?

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Remmib

Is a nvidia gtx 330 better then the nvidia 275.33 mentioned in the minimum requimrents?

toddx77

Wait...when did Nvidia release a 3xx card?

Anyway, that 275.33 is referring to a specific set of drivers for an Nvidia graphics card.

You might be able to run the game on low with a GTX 330, I dunno though.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

Remmib

Anyway, that 275.33 is referring to a specific set of drivers for an Nvidia graphics card.

The 3xx series was just a few very low end cards that were only made available to OEMs

EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts

I never bought MOH 2011, would it be possible to still join the BETA by buying MOH now, or am I too late?

thesaracen123
It would be a waste of money, IMO. Those who bought MOH will get early access and everyone else will have to wait a few days.
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 toddx77

[QUOTE="Remmib"]

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

Phoenix534

The 3xx series was just a few very low end cards that were only made available to OEMs

My graphics card is low end? They guy at Best Buy said this lap top was one of the best gaming lap tops when I bought it last year :(

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Remmib

My graphics card is low end? They guy at Best Buy said this lap top was one of the best gaming lap tops when I bought it last year :(

toddx77

Life lesson:

The sales folks at Best Buy will tell you anything to sell you something, because they get commission on their sales. They love it when customers are clueless because that allows them all of the freedom in the world to take you for all that you're worth.

Your laptop won't run BF3, sorry to tell you. Next time please please please ask in the PC & Hardware forum before buying anything computer related if you aren't knowledgeable about computers.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="Remmib"]

toddx77

You won't get a really high-end GPU in a laptop, and laptops that have the high-end mobile GPUs(like the HD 6990M and 580M) are always expensive and not worth the price. If you really want to play games on a PC, I'd suggest saving up some cash and building a desktop as your main and using you laptop just to play things on the go.

Also, when a guy at BestBuy tells you something, be nice and act like you're listening and then ignore everything they say.

-Wolfy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Wolfy-
Member since 2006 • 1417 Posts
Weird I bought moh le back when it came out and registered it I've yet to receive a beta email
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 toddx77

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Phoenix534

You won't get a really high-end GPU in a laptop, and laptops that have the high-end mobile GPUs(like the HD 6990M and 580M) are always expensive and not worth the price. If you really want to play games on a PC, I'd suggest saving up some cash and building a desktop as your main and using you laptop just to play things on the go.

Also, when a guy at BestBuy tells you something, be nice and act like you're listening and then ignore everything they say.

Well I told the guy told me there wasn't anything more expensive then what he showed me so I figured that was the best. Although I wanted a laptop with blu ray and he did say I would be more limited in what I could get if I wanted blu ray. Is there anyway I can buy a graphics card and install it in my laptop or can you can upgrade lap tops at all? I have already reserved it for pc and I would hate to have to get this on a console.

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Remmib

guy told me there wasn't anything more expensive then what he showed me so I figured that was the best. Although I wanted a laptop with blu ray and he did say I would be more limited in what I could get if I wanted blu ray. Is there anyway I can buy a graphics card and install it in my laptop or can you can upgrade lap tops at all? I have already reserved it for pc and I would hate to have to get this on a console.

toddx77

Can't upgrade laptops, sorry man. :?

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

toddx77

Well I told the guy told me there wasn't anything more expensive then what he showed me so I figured that was the best. Although I wanted a laptop with blu ray and he did say I would be more limited in what I could get if I wanted blu ray. Is there anyway I can buy a graphics card and install it in my laptop or can you can upgrade lap tops at all? I have already reserved it for pc and I would hate to have to get this on a console.

Gaming on laptops is generally not a good idea because they are more expensive and can't be upgraded.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

toddx77

Upgrading a laptop is a very limited deal. You can buy a new HDD and replace the RAM on some models, but as for CPU, GPU, etc., you're stuck with what you buy.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 toddx77

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Phoenix534

Upgrading a PC is a very limited deal. You can buy a new HDD and replace the RAM on some models, but as for CPU, GPU, etc., you're stuck with what you buy.

By PC are you just referring to lap tops since I always thought if you had a desk top you could upgrade since guys at LANfest said that and they were giving away stuff like motherboards, corei7 processors, and cooling fans. I could be wrong though since I have only been pc gaming for a year and Ill admit Im kind of a noob lol. On a side note if I got my gaming lap top last year and its a pretty good top of the line one how much time before it becomes to obsolete to play games?

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Did you have a beta key from MoH or what? (edit: derp, just read the first sentence of the email, lame sauce)

They better give me one, I've been playing since 2002.

Remmib

beggars cant be choosers =P

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Phoenix534

Upgrading a PC is a very limited deal. You can buy a new HDD and replace the RAM on some models, but as for CPU, GPU, etc., you're stuck with what you buy.

That is a lie. You can easily upgrade a CPU in a laptop, i have done it many times. The GPU can be swapped out as well if they have a discrete card instead of an integrated chip, but most of the time finding a new card is costly and time consuming.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

toddx77

By PC are you just referring to lap tops since I always thought if you had a desk top you could upgrade since guys at LANfest said that and they were giving away stuff like motherboards, corei7 processors, and cooling fans. I could be wrong though since I have only been pc gaming for a year and Ill admit Im kind of a noob lol. On a side note if I got my gaming lap top last year and its a pretty good top of the line one how much time before it becomes to obsolete to play games?

Yes I did mean laptop it was early and I hadn't had my coffee yet. And you should have enough time to build a very good desktop long before that laptop stops being able to run new games.