BattleField 2 Online issues.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HarryMason319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HarryMason319
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts
I am having trouble getting my brand new copy of Battlefield 2 to run online correctly. It worked fine for about an hour. Then Everytime I go into a Decent sized game it loses the connection to the server. The only thing I have not tried is updating Punkbuster. Help PLEASE!
bigster72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bigster72
Member since 2005 • 770 Posts
Sever disconnections is one of the things you get for free with your BF2 copy,learn to live with it.
HarryMason319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HarryMason319
Sever disconnections is one of the things you get for free with your BF2 copy,learn to live with it.bigster72
Yeah but it is all the time. If I cant go into the game and play for more then 5 minutes on any map without getting disconnected, then no, I am not going to learn to live with it. Could someone that actually has a clue of what is up help me please?
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12804 Posts
I am having trouble getting my brand new copy of Battlefield 2 to run online correctly. It worked fine for about an hour. Then Everytime I go into a Decent sized game it loses the connection to the server. The only thing I have not tried is updating Punkbuster. Help PLEASE!HarryMason319
update the game to latest version and update your punk buster of course or you won't be able to conect to servers
HarryMason319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HarryMason319
[QUOTE="HarryMason319"]I am having trouble getting my brand new copy of Battlefield 2 to run online correctly. It worked fine for about an hour. Then Everytime I go into a Decent sized game it loses the connection to the server. The only thing I have not tried is updating Punkbuster. Help PLEASE!PredatorRules
update the game to latest version and update your punk buster of course or you won't be able to conect to servers

Hmm. I am not sure if I even have to update PB because it is brand new. Youre right I think, I had to update to version 1.4 to actually play most online games. I'll see if I can update it. Its annoying, waiting 1min 30sec to load the map, then 3 mins later sever disconnect. NOT FUN.
renecito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 renecito
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
hey i just bought battlefield 2 special forces expansion pack but every time i try to play online i cant find a server with other players on. can any 1 help me play on line with other players. thanks
Gears_0f_L0ve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Gears_0f_L0ve
Member since 2004 • 420 Posts
Renecito,
Your filters are clear?
Did previous copy of Battlefield2 work online?
Platearmor_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Platearmor_6
Member since 2004 • 2817 Posts
Theres a severe lack of players on special forces now, sad really thats my favourite installment of the battlefield series.
sj420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 sj420
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts

what the hell is up with all these answers...

your problem is that either your firewall or a closed port is prohibiting punkbuster from auto-updating.  first make sure you have the latest patch then go here:

http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2.php

follow the instructions to manually update your punkbuster files, and your problems will disappear.

sj420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 sj420
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts

Theres a severe lack of players on special forces now, sad really thats my favourite installment of the battlefield series.Platearmor_6

it's really unfortunate that there aren't any sf servers (still a following in europe, but not in u.s.), because sf has some really fun maps.