Bad Company 2 already pirated .WTF ?!

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_T-Ban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_T-Ban
Member since 2010 • 92 Posts

Bad Company 2 has been pirated even before the launch date ! (on xbox and pc)

And since thisgame supports dedicated servers , there's a possibility that people who download pirated copies will be able to play online :( .

so unfare .

1kalli1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 1kalli1
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts
well it's never fun playing on pirated servers, i mean a guy that wants to play the multiplayer badly will have to buy the game. People who are not into multiplayer and are pirates will probably get the game
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

There is no "because it has dedicated servers pirates will be able to play it", even if it didn't have they'd still find a way (look at MW 2).

Hopefully they'll get some decent sales out of it.

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

If i had a better download speed i would donwload it myself tbh. But i would still have BC2 game pre-ordered. I bet most just want to play it now but will still buy it on release day. Good MP games on PC never get pirated as bad the 360 on the other hand will be pirated alot more.

Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts
Why are you surprised?
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

I think people will actually buy it, even after pirating it (how can they resist?)

Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts
Don't get your hopes up, that hardly ever happens.
Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
it would be possible to download and play the game with pirated version of the game if i have pre order ? coz speeds from torrents are 10 times faster for me than ea downloader ... well look on the bright side , you wont meet pirates in legit servers ! also pirates will probably wont have all unlocks ... anyway pirates wont be able to play full multiplayer !
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kevy619
Don't get your hopes up, that hardly ever happens.Artosa
are you talking to me? I suggest you stop listening to epic and other companies affiliated with microsoft
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kevy619
it would be possible to download and play the game with pirated version of the game if i have pre order ? coz speeds from torrents are 10 times faster for me than ea downloader ... well look on the bright side , you wont meet pirates in legit servers ! also pirates will probably wont have all unlocks ... anyway pirates wont be able to play full multiplayer !Farkeman
I don't know anybody who would settle for servers put up by pirates... not a single person.
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kevy619

[QUOTE="kevy619"][QUOTE="Artosa"]Don't get your hopes up, that hardly ever happens.Artosa

are you talking to me? I suggest you stop listening to epic and other companies affiliated with microsoft

Who? im saying that from experience, my mates have pirated before(hell even i have have, everyone has) and never bought the game afterwards, do you think people are really that upstanding? people think''why buy the game again if i already have it'' sure some people will buy the game if they like it, but most people wont.

because the main draw is multiplayer...
B45AK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 B45AK
Member since 2009 • 445 Posts

my mates have pirated before(hell even i have have, everyone has) Artosa

Speak for yourself buddy. Has everyone shoplifted as well? Has everyone bought weed?

No matter how much you try trivialise piracy so you can feel better about yourself it is still immorral and not so different from conventional theft.

Having said that I will laugh so hard the day Assasins Creed 2 gets pirated.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kevy619

[QUOTE="Artosa"] my mates have pirated before(hell even i have have, everyone has) B45AK

Speak for yourself buddy. Has everyone shoplifted as well? Has everyone bought weed?

No matter how much you try trivialise piracy so you can feel better about yourself it is still immorral and not so different from conventional theft.

buying weed is bad? is that why its going to be legal, and when it becomes legal is it still bad?
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

Don't ask why they pirate games so much nao! Anyway, we canwait 3 days...

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts
Well see that's the thing, they want to go ahead a play before the release, it has nothing to do with the fact of it being free because like everyone here is saying, they are likely going to buy the game anyway.
Bros89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bros89
Member since 2004 • 624 Posts

[QUOTE="B45AK"]

[QUOTE="Artosa"] my mates have pirated before(hell even i have have, everyone has) kevy619

buying weed is bad? is that why its going to be legal, and when it becomes legal is it still bad?

As we in Belgium (Holland) say: You got to have respect for those who smoke and those who don't.
Are they going to legalise it in theUS? That would be awsome for you guys, cheers.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kevy619

[QUOTE="kevy619"][QUOTE="B45AK"]

Bros89

As we in Belgium (Holland) say: You got to have respect for those who smoke and those who don't.
Are they going to legalise it in theUS? That would be awsome for you guys, cheers.

here in canada its already decriminalized.

Avatar image for RichardStallman
RichardStallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RichardStallman
Member since 2009 • 1233 Posts
That happens with 99% of videogames.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

B45AK

Piracy is not immoral.

Sad for DICE, but happy that this post reminded me that this games comes out this week.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts
Well to be fair I looked up the pirated version and while I didn't download it I did notice the comments on how only single player works on it... well so if the majority of people are buying this game for the multiplayer (anyone that has internet really) I don't see the loss in this being pirated. Really all it is, is people got a jump start in the campaign and get to start right away with the multiplayer.
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
What do you expect from PC hackers/pirates. ? I hope AC2 will also get kick in the butt :P
Dark_prince123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Dark_prince123
Member since 2008 • 1149 Posts
I don't know why ppl like playing on Cracked Servers they're full of hackers and cheaters its like a mess I can't wait till 21 of march to play the game :(
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts
You wont have to wait that long because its out the 5th of March.
Gamartto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Gamartto
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

The 360 version was pirated way before the PC one, and xbox users are not restricted in any way or shape(no drm of any kiind or cdkey check) so they can play the pirated copy freely with legitimate users, so...

I already have the game pre ordered thanks to the beta (I got a FP key) so I could careless and I'm not interested in SP anyways, MP all the way!.

Kaelken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kaelken
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts

Bad Company 2 has been pirated even before the launch date ! (on xbox and pc)

And since thisgame supports dedicated servers , there's a possibility that people who download pirated copies will be able to play online :( .

so unfare .

The_T-Ban

The new tv-show Spartacus had its 2 first episodes out for pirate stream 3 weeks before its release. The TV-networks have been sitting on their ass for a long time. Exactly like most other industries, including the gaming industry.

In the gaming industry it´s mandatory that your product a) has great graphics and b) zero innovation at the expense of quality and innovation, in an attempt to go for the "sure thing".

Fact is, games coming out now are an insult, who the hell decided Star Trek Online was best played in 2D? Are you **** kidding me

Pirates are consumers that are critical. As survey show, pirates are some of the biggest customers of MP3s, DVD's and games. They like it, they buy it. Add to that, a gigantic pile of non-critical consumers who support a broken industry, console kiddes and graphics whores with no point of reference, putting more money into the hands of gaming developers than ever before. The gaming industry is booming.

I guess what I am trying to say is, what's actually ruining the games are not pirates but the non-critical graphics whores who supoort retared game developement with enthusiasm

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

So what's a pirate's excuse for pirating this game?

aboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 aboy7
Member since 2008 • 201 Posts

That happens with 99% of videogames.RichardStallman

That is a made up statistic.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DanielDust

[QUOTE="RichardStallman"]That happens with 99% of videogames.aboy7

Are you arguing with the fact that pretty much any game gets pirated?
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

[QUOTE="Artosa"] my mates have pirated before(hell even i have have, everyone has) B45AK

Yeah AC2 deserves to be pirated to hell and back. I have no sympathy for Ubisoft and their draconian DRM. If they leave the PC gaming arena because of piracy, then all the better.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
[QUOTE="B45AK"]

[QUOTE="Artosa"] my mates have pirated before(hell even i have have, everyone has) kevy619

Weed itself isn't bad, it's the people who sit around doing nothing but smoking weed all day that is bad. But the same goes for alcohol or anything else.
Enosh88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Enosh88
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

the 360 on the other hand will be pirated alot more.mattuk69

:lol:

Rickylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rickylee
Member since 2002 • 1342 Posts

[QUOTE="aboy7"]

[QUOTE="RichardStallman"]That happens with 99% of videogames.DanielDust

Are you arguing with the fact that pretty much any game gets pirated?

I don't know Daniel. I'm thinkin' that some games are so bad that even pirates don't bother. And I'm thinkin' that there are more then 1% of those. Just thinkin' though don't really know.:)

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DanielDust

Even those bad ones, there always is somebody that wants to see how bad they really are. There must be at least a person that would pirate even the crappiest game. As for known titles even if they are bad or good they'll get pirated even before the release.

Rickylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rickylee
Member since 2002 • 1342 Posts

Even those bad ones, there always is somebody that wants to see how bad they really are. There must be at least a person that would pirate even the crappiest game. As for know titles even if they are bad or good they'll get pirated even before the release.DanielDust

Yeah your probably right. Just another advantage of being one that buys their games, you don't have to play trash.:)

DigiTM73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DigiTM73
Member since 2009 • 801 Posts

Mystic-G

Well in Australia they have upped the price from $49.99US to $69.99US, even for preorders. Why? Because they noticed that many preorders were being sold, so realised they might be onto a good thing and figured greed is better.
I will be playing this game, but I refuse to pay $20 more just because I was a little late doing a preorder.

Bros89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bros89
Member since 2004 • 624 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

DigiTM73

Well in Australia they have upped the price from $49.99US to $69.99US, even for preorders. Why? Because they noticed that many preorders were being sold, so realised they might be onto a good thing and figured greed is better.
I will be playing this game, but I refuse to pay $20 more just because I was a little late doing a preorder.

69,99 bucks for a pc game? ofcourse you refuse to pay 20 more, who wouldn't?

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mystic-G

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

DigiTM73

I meant in America... And I was being facetious, because there's always a petty excuse for every game people pirate.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

If you have a pirated MP game like this then you have to play on unsecured servers. Hackers run rampant on these servers and its honestly not fun. Plus you need to jump through hoops usually to find the servers to begin with.

Also lol @ thinking you cant pirate matchmaking... you realise pirates still play with legit players in MW2 matchmaking on IWnet? At least with dedicated servers pirates cant play with legit players at all, only other pirates.

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mystic-G

If you have a pirated MP game like this then you have to play on unsecured servers. Hackers run rampant on these servers and its honestly not fun. Plus you need to jump through hoops usually to find the servers to begin with.

Also lol @ thinking you cant pirate matchmaking... you realise pirates still play with legit players in MW2 matchmaking on IWnet? At least with dedicated servers pirates cant play with legit players at all, only other pirates.

bonafidetk
Well I remember reading that DICE didn't release server code so unless it was leaked they won't be playing on anything.
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

1st off, the store Target is actually selling it. They put it on shelves before release

2nd off, the server files are only on GSPs meaning nobody can just get them and set their own server up. This means people that have it early are going to be playing a hell of a lot of SP.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kevy619
[QUOTE="bonafidetk"]

Mystic-G
Well I remember reading that DICE didn't release server code so unless it was leaked they won't be playing on anything.

is that you in the display pic? Im surprised at how informative and geeky you are if it is lol.
r4v3gl0ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#47 r4v3gl0ry
Member since 2006 • 1285 Posts

A lot of pirates WILL buy the game if only for the better multiplayer as opposed to playing on cracked servers

Avatar image for deactivated-64b7010800769
deactivated-64b7010800769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-64b7010800769
Member since 2007 • 2011 Posts

Meh. I preordered on PC (of course) and I expect to be happy with my purchase.

End of discussion for me. Toodles!

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

Mystic-G

I think they've covered DRM, dedicated servers, PC-only tweaks like FOV adjustment, and easy access to 'try' the game first via the open beta and the upcoming demo... I think the excuse for this one will be it likes quad cores too much? haha

DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts

[QUOTE="kevy619"][QUOTE="B45AK"]

Bros89

California...yes and maybe a few other states..... But a large portion of this country is occupied by people with puritan, moralistic, and hateful religious views right out of the stone age, so that will never happen here.....As for the person that made the analogies of pirating and stealing being crimes, I think using the pot comparison was a little off base, though his idea was on track....Pirating is the same as stealing such as shop-lifting and is a crime. People that come into these forums or anywhere for that matter and try to justify their actions when illegally downloading a game, movie or music are wrong and not only fooling themselves, but hurting the honest people that spend their hard earned money when purchasing these items....Why do you think that developers place all this DRM B** S*** in their products now a days and why everything keeps getting more expensive to make and buy?!..... Because they need to try and protect what it costs them to make and then sell to make a profit.....because of Pirating (stealing) it just keeps costing the honest consumer more and more, not only in terms of money, but how effectively the end products are utilized by everyone.....

*+