Awful Skyrim slow downs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for jacobhazard1704
jacobhazard1704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 jacobhazard1704
Member since 2004 • 215 Posts

^ Anyone else having this issue? I'm normally capped at 60fps going down to 40's in more detailed areas but every now and then when I enter city, and a lot of the times the blaccksmith right inside Whiterun, my FPS go down to 2-3 and stays there for maybe 15 seconds and then snaps back to 60 fps. I could be playing the game for hours and it will not happen, or it will happen often, I don't know, but removing mods one at a time including the new HD texture DLC didin't seem to do anything. This is also still happening after a fresh reformat. I'm out of ideas, anyone else having these issues?

FreakShowScot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FreakShowScot
Member since 2012 • 75 Posts

same thing happened to me, no idea whats causing it. i was thinking the texture pack too.

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
It happened to me just, it didnt happen till after the texture dlc. I ruled it as lack of RAM, but the poster above has 12GB of RAM, if I am reading it right.
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Same thing was going on with me after I installed the texture pack. I disabled it and have been running the game just fine again.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Try adjusting the draw distance quality by reducing it from "Ultra" to "High." If that doesn't work, not sure what will. Seems to be a draw distance issue on my end. On Ultra draw distance with the new texture pack, the frame rate was **** again. With it on High, it was 60fps without a hitch, without a noticeable loss in visuals. None that I could tell from anyways.

If you are running any kind of ENB series mod with the hi-res texture pack. Well, there's your problem. ENB kills the frame rate.

Avatar image for jacobhazard1704
jacobhazard1704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 jacobhazard1704
Member since 2004 • 215 Posts

Try adjusting the draw distance quality by reducing it from "Ultra" to "High." If that doesn't work, not sure what will. Seems to be a draw distance issue on my end. On Ultra draw distance with the new texture pack, the frame rate was **** again. With it on High, it was 60fps without a hitch, without a noticeable loss in visuals. None that I could tell from anyways.

If you are running any kind of ENB series mod with the hi-res texture pack. Well, there's your problem. ENB kills the frame rate.

Elann2008

That's the strange thing, I will be sitting at 60 fps for hours and then the frame rate will just drop to 1-2 frames a second for only 15-20 seconds. It's so intermittent that I feel like mods have nothing to do with it, plus I disabled all of my mods. This was still happening with a vanilla Skyrim after a reformat.