ATI Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for natethegreat235
natethegreat235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 natethegreat235
Member since 2003 • 171 Posts

I have a HP Dv6-6135dx pavilion laptop.
It has a switchable graphics AMD 6620G and an AMD 6750M. I realized my games were struggling. So I went to check the graphics properties by left clicking and finding it on Catalyst Control Center. Every time I that it says that my computer doesn't have a proper AMD driver or that I don't have the graphic adapter on my computer. Control panel sees both, recognizes both, and says they are both running fine. I checked the performance on the two cards, there was nothing being run through the 6750m. 
I tried to update it and I install the latest mobility suite that has the newest drivers (or any drivers), but when it tries to install/update it agains says ATI Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware. Install the correct driver... Gfx adapter not connected.

It also has an A8-3500M APU with radeon hd graphics.... That won't update either, I get an "error can't rewrite catalyst/mobility/ATIMMcDNAld.MSI. 

I went to HP and they had a BIOS update.... Did that, didn't change anything. Also installed catalyst control center/gfx drivers from HP for this computer... They sucessfully installed but changed nothing.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers on both the 6620G and the 6750m. No change.

I am running Windows 7 64-Bit.

I have no idea what to do... Any ideas? 

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

I don't know anything about laptops... but I did find this. Something about fixed mode and dynamic mode. I have a feeling your answer lies somewhere in there. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03048374&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5118737&softwareitem=ob-98292-1&sw_lang=#N139