Assassins Creed PC LAG or Glitch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sezitas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 sezitas
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I have been playing this game for a while... I finished it a couple of times but now i started having this weird glitch! I screen captured and made a video here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sgR_KOys9c

If you know how to fix this please tell me...

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

That's not exactly lag and it's not because of the game, it's because of your HDD or processor, try to defragment you HDD, or stop your antivirus, if you have one, maybe close other HDD intensive programs that run in the background (again, if you have such programs running).

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

I have been playing this game for a while... I finished it a couple of times but now i started having this weird glitch! I screen captured and made a video here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sgR_KOys9c

If you know how to fix this please tell me...

sezitas
whats ur pc specs also like daniel said defrag ur HD it does make a diffrence
sezitas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sezitas

I tried closing my AV it has no effect. I am going to defrag my HDD and update on the result.

that never crossed my mind thanks.

sezitas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sezitas

That's not exactly lag and it's not because of the game, it's because of your HDD or processor, try to defragment you HDD, or stop your antivirus, if you have one, maybe close other HDD intensive programs that run in the background (again, if you have such programs running).

DanielDust

I tried your suggestions and it didn't work :( ... btw this kind of thing happens even when the game loads with the ubisoft video it stops for a sec or two... any other ideas?

mizukuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mizukuu
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I am having the same problem today. it lags when in combat or in contact with any NPCs. it only started today and the only thing ive changed was installing a new HP printer driver last night. and it was working fine for about the first five reboots last night. could it be a virus? any help would be appreciated. all of my other things work fine, games, browsers,etc.
Vaidis23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vaidis23
This is totaly wierd.. I was playing AC yesterday and everything was ok , but today (June 3rd) I started having this problem as well... WTf... help please,
PoweredByBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PoweredByBalls
I am having the exact same problem. It worked fine yesterday. This is messed...
PoweredByBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PoweredByBalls
I read somewhere that it could be a spy server or something, to turn off your internet connection, so I did - now it works fine. That sounds wrong, like when Sony had spyware installed when you listened to their CDs...
mizukuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mizukuu
I read somewhere that it could be a spy server or something, to turn off your internet connection, so I did - now it works fine. That sounds wrong, like when Sony had spyware installed when you listened to their CDs...PoweredByBalls
holy crap! he's right! i unplug the internet and the patch doesnt try to load, the game runs perfectly after that! The internets are haxxing my games! how homo
zebrachen990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zebrachen990
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

GOD DAM YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Stefunny-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Stefunny-
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts
Lol it just had to happen on June 3rd. Thanks.
Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
I just got the game and I got same problem but turning of my internet fixed it :)
sezitas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sezitas

Ok It seems that that's the problem and turning off the internet connection is a workaround but any ideas on how to remove this spy or disabling it so that you don't have to close the internet connection every time you want to play... or at least any ideas on where is it or that is it called...?

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

Yep, same thing was happening to me. I went to the network and disabled the Internet connection and it worked fine.

PoweredByBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PoweredByBalls
I found this: "Assassins Creed is basically spyware/malware it tries to connect to the internet and send information while you are playing the game. These internet pauses can be removed by disabling its dial out access from within a good firewall (Not windows) or sometimes just disabling your internet. So called software protections like this is nothing more than BS." http://www.techsupportforum.com/gaming-forum/pc-gaming-support/303500-assassins-creed-freezes-every-time-i-do-something-xd.html
Avatar image for StrawberryGypsy
StrawberryGypsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrawberryGypsy
Member since 2006 • 196 Posts

Thanks for this thread. I started playing AC again a few days ago and was having the same problem-thought there was something wrong with my computer.

PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

Wow that's crazy. If I would have known about this I wouldn't have purchased the game. Any official word from Ubisoft? I don't really want to unplug my modem everytime I feel like playing AC.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts

Wow that's crazy. If I would have known about this I wouldn't have purchased the game. Any official word from Ubisoft? I don't really want to unplug my modem everytime I feel like playing AC.

PTMags
Lucky me, I have already finished Assassin's Creed...
sezitas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sezitas

Ok Ok everyone... I think i know what the problem is... Assassins Creed has a built in spyware that sends info about kills in the game or somthin... and it seems that their spy server is down... so basically every time ac tries to send something to ubisoft it waits for a response and because the server is down they don't get anything causing it to have this "lag/freeze" ... hope they will fix this soon...

[ although i don't get why they would monitor your kills or ... anything ... o_O strange.... ]

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SavageM2

It would be cool if there was a stats page for everyone. :P But otherwise I don't see why it would keep track of kills.

jupsto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 jupsto
Member since 2005 • 54 Posts
I'm glad I played this on my brothers 360 instead of buying a bad PC port. I'm really looking forward to AC2 and hope they port it better since its coming out at the same time. it seems ubi make alot of buggy PC games and don't seem to do alot about it.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
[QUOTE="jupsto"]I'm glad I played this on my brothers 360 instead of buying a bad PC port. I'm really looking forward to AC2 and hope they port it better since its coming out at the same time. it seems ubi make alot of buggy PC games and don't seem to do alot about it.

It's an extremely good port tho, it ran perfectly fine for me, on DX 10, maxed out at 1680x1050, over 45 frames.
SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SavageM2

[QUOTE="jupsto"]I'm glad I played this on my brothers 360 instead of buying a bad PC port. I'm really looking forward to AC2 and hope they port it better since its coming out at the same time. it seems ubi make alot of buggy PC games and don't seem to do alot about it.DanielDust
It's an extremely good port tho, it ran perfectly fine for me, on DX 10, maxed out at 1680x1050, over 45 frames.

That is what I thought too. It runs fine and dandy, and looks nice and smooth, except for the damn Internet thing that is happening. I unplug the Internet and it runs fine.

PoweredByBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PoweredByBalls
This is similar to what Valve did with their STEAM service to capture stats for Half-Life 2: Episode 2 but they are completely going about it the wrong way. Valve/STEAM let you know they were keeping stats, you knew that you were signing in online to play a single player game, they even shared the stats with you, and there were no service or in-game disruptions due to this. Collecting this information helped them to improve the game and future titles. Ubisoft is doing this without proper notification - think of when you use Live Messenger or Windows Media Player and it asks if you would like to allow Microsoft to collect usage information to improve the service. It's probably buried somewhere in the licensing agreement but who the hell actually reads those. Ubisoft also could not have thought of a worse configuration that makes you lag when their spy server goes down and yet you're playing an offline single-player game (or so you thought). I'd like to see an article or something in the online media circles that covers this but I haven't had luck finding anyone to contact yet. I'm going to try and firewall-block the ubisoft service and see how far it gets me if I can locate it. I was going to buy Assassin's Creed 2 but with crap like this going on I'm feeling a boycott. Within a short while (if not already) the spy server will be back up and everyone will probably forget this ever happened.
SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SavageM2

I think it may be fixed now. As I went online and played the game. It ran smooth.

orangbunian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 orangbunian
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

well actually ubisoft doens't send "kill stats" to the server it's a anti piracy protection software, or spyware if you prefer to call it that. it sends to the server information of the game like the CD key, if the exe is cracked and so on so forth. it checks for legitimacy the whole time you are playing the game. that's why it lags.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

well actually ubisoft doens't send "kill stats" to the server it's a anti piracy protection software, or spyware if you prefer to call it that. it sends to the server information of the game like the CD key, if the exe is cracked and so on so forth. it checks for legitimacy the whole time you are playing the game. that's why it lags.

orangbunian
um this is a nearly year old thread talking about ac 1.
kasun01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kasun01
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

thats the same with me !!!!!! i think my problem is my proseccer and my GHz everythin else is gud for me