Anyone tried METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE yet?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

Not tried it yet as I'm stuck with a 6850 at the moment, I'll play it when I get my 780 ti on Tuesday (if UPS don't fail me).

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@redskins26rocs said:

I'm planning to have it, I know gameplay is good.

That doesn't remove the fact that the game have low textured places.

It's like saying "wait, you don't own big rigs?" doesn't make the game any better.

Well when you do get it you can come back here and say "hey guys, it actually doesn't look as bad as I thought it did from internet videos", it's ok, we'll forgive you :P

Does it have some low textures here and there? yes of course, it's a last gen port, but the game looks fine and even good on some levels. Important thing is that it's a GOOD port, very optimized and hopefully sells well so Kojima sees that we want Metal Gear on PC.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

Since the Dark Souls disaster I've started avoiding ANY kind of port to PC coming from japanese developers ... not to mention it's just a 720p stretched out from what I've heard. Even the so called AA and AF aren't fixing the jagged image when playing at 1080.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@redskins26rocs said:

I'm planning to have it, I know gameplay is good.

That doesn't remove the fact that the game have low textured places.

It's like saying "wait, you don't own big rigs?" doesn't make the game any better.

Well when you do get it you can come back here and say "hey guys, it actually doesn't look as bad as I thought it did from internet videos", it's ok, we'll forgive you :P

Does it have some low textures here and there? yes of course, it's a last gen port, but the game looks fine and even good on some levels. Important thing is that it's a GOOD port, very optimized and hopefully sells well so Kojima sees that we want Metal Gear on PC.

Once you play it, you don't notice all these think because you focus on gameplay, I already own it to be speaking, play it on ultra with high slices - I can tell you need some physx GPU to be able to make many slices without fps drop.

I love the cutscenes and the boss fights, but that doesn't differ from other third person console action game such as DMC.

Back to our debate, just like Asseto Corsa - trees are in 2D and look aweful if you focus on them, once you play it, you don't mind.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:

@redskins26rocs said:

Once you play it, you don't notice all these think because you focus on gameplay, I already own it to be speaking, play it on ultra with high slices - I can tell you need some physx GPU to be able to make many slices without fps drop.

I love the cutscenes and the boss fights, but that doesn't differ from other third person console action game such as DMC.

Back to our debate, just like Asseto Corsa - trees are in 2D and look aweful if you focus on them, once you play it, you don't mind.

Ok now you're not making sense. Do you own it or not? First you say you don't, now you say you do?

I can speak since I finished it on the weekend. Port works fine, the only FPS drop is when you get a call but that is because of a bug they need to iron out. When you are slicing and dicing the fps stays stable.

And like @Code135, why SO MUCH importance on graphics? The game looks fine for a console port and even looks good in most places, and the gameplay is fun and hectic. I would think a gamer would want a good game in most aspects, instead of just looking good.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@redskins26rocs said:

Ok now you're not making sense. Do you own it or not? First you say you don't, now you say you do?

I can speak since I finished it on the weekend. Port works fine, the only FPS drop is when you get a call but that is because of a bug they need to iron out. When you are slicing and dicing the fps stays stable.

And like @Code135, why SO MUCH importance on graphics? The game looks fine for a console port and even looks good in most places, and the gameplay is fun and hectic. I would think a gamer would want a good game in most aspects, instead of just looking good.

At this state I own it, that didn't change a lot, you know the enviromental graphics didn't improve since I've purchased the game.

Again, the game is fun, I don't mind graphics anymore, but like 1st impression it looked ugly as hell.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:

At this state I own it, that didn't change a lot, you know the enviromental graphics didn't improve since I've purchased the game.

Again, the game is fun, I don't mind graphics anymore, but like 1st impression it looked ugly as hell.

Well that's good that u don't put so much emphasis on graphics, but personally it doesn't look "ugly as hell".

Agree to disagree I guess...