Anyone Gaming on a LED TV?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
So i saw one of them fancy new LED tv's on my local electronic store, and oh boy!!! I WAS BLOWN AWAY by the quality of the picture!!( and also by the high price ) and i was wondering if any of you guys own one, how does it look ? is it worth the price???? here is a link for the samsung led tvs http://www.samsung.com/us/productsubtype/led/
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

So i saw one of them fancy new LED tv's on my local electronic store, and oh boy!!! I WAS BLOWN AWAY by the quality of the picture!!( and also by the high price ) and i was wondering if any of you guys own one, how does it look ? is it worth the price???? here is a link for the samsung led tvs http://www.samsung.com/us/productsubtype/led/Solid_Tango

I saw it side by side at bestbuy with the Samsung LN40A650 (which costs way less then the LED Samsung) and all it produced was better black levels. They looks identical for everything else.

Heres the review.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-un40b6000/4505-6482_7-33488068.html?tag=mncol;lst

The LED backlighting isn't perfected yet and I wouldn't pay lots of $ for something that has so many flaws.

The bad: Expensive; less-uniform screen than other LCDs; poor off-angle viewing; backlight fluctuates with program brightness; dark areas tinged bluer

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts

[QUOTE="Solid_Tango"]So i saw one of them fancy new LED tv's on my local electronic store, and oh boy!!! I WAS BLOWN AWAY by the quality of the picture!!( and also by the high price ) and i was wondering if any of you guys own one, how does it look ? is it worth the price???? here is a link for the samsung led tvs http://www.samsung.com/us/productsubtype/led/nVidiaGaMer

I saw it side by side at bestbuy with the Samsung LN40A650 (which costs way less then the LED Samsung) and all it produced was better black levels. They looks identical for everything else.

Heres the review.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-un40b6000/4505-6482_7-33488068.html?tag=mncol;lst

The LED backlighting isn't perfected yet and I wouldn't pay lots of $ for something that has so many flaws.

The bad: Expensive; less-uniform screen than other LCDs; poor off-angle viewing; backlight fluctuates with program brightness; dark areas tinged bluer

Oh =( i was looking fordward to buying one for xmas :'( I guess i ll start looking around for other TV's then
Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts
[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

[QUOTE="Solid_Tango"]So i saw one of them fancy new LED tv's on my local electronic store, and oh boy!!! I WAS BLOWN AWAY by the quality of the picture!!( and also by the high price ) and i was wondering if any of you guys own one, how does it look ? is it worth the price???? here is a link for the samsung led tvs http://www.samsung.com/us/productsubtype/led/Solid_Tango

Heres the review.

Oh =( i was looking fordward to buying one for xmas :'( I guess i ll start looking around for other TV's then

I bet they come out with some better models by Christmas. If you have the money and want one get one.
Bucketoffish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Bucketoffish
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

I got the 46" samsung 120hz one, and I'm really liking it. The functions on the TV and controller are really interesting. This is the first TV i've owned that has it's own software updates and internet functionality (like tickers for news/stocks/weather). The TV itself is very light, far lighter than my previous LCD model of Samsung that was 60hz and 1080p. The first two weeks usually takes a while to get the backlight going and get an even picture. At first it is very bright on the PS3. Play with your contrast and dynamic lighting on the setup. Run dynamic when you can, and do NOT forget to adjust the picture size to fit the PS3 screen to the TV, as for some reason it has a different adjustment at start.

I've heard a lot of poeple complain about the on board sound but that is really absurd. Who buys a 2K$ LED 1080p TV and NOT run surround sound? Anyways these things are supposed to last 50 years, but like the previous posters have indicated it is still a new technology so make sure you get your warranty. In fact, that's how I got this tv. My 1080p LCD had a black line in it after 2 years of profuse use and they just gave me 2400$ credit to get something else. So I paid 350$ for a tv twice as good and added a 4 year warranty. Win.

The TV itself is also perfect for mounting, as you can hang it with only picture wire since the LED is only about 30 pounds. My only complaint is that most of the plugs are on the bottom of the base and along the side. You have to plug in the Coax cable vertically, which I just don't like as much. That said, it has VGA ports, 4 HDMI ports, Optical, and even some USB ports.

nakedzombie69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nakedzombie69
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts

[QUOTE="Solid_Tango"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

Heres the review.

Jacobistheman

I bet they come out with some better models by Christmas. If you have the money and want one get one.

If I had the money id just buy a Pioneer.

FlowGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FlowGreen
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts
woowww :3 me want LED tv
sodoffubugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sodoffubugger
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts

Use to have a Westinghouse 36inch till it crapped out. Replaced it with a Sony 42inch.

I use it for both pc and tv. Ill throw out a warning about going too big. My setup isnt ideal and have to sit at max distance my keyboard allows. Do be mindful of how close you will be sitting while typing away.

oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 oldskooler79
Member since 2004 • 1632 Posts

There is a 32" LED coming out, the Samsung 32B6000. I wonder how this will do for pc gaming? I'm sure it would rock for movies and PS3 sitting up close.