Anybody played really good point and click adventure?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 gfile
Member since 2007 • 1565 Posts
Anybody played really good point and click adventure recently? I am playing broken sword 4 now. Played gabriel knight all, phantasmagoria and all the other horror adventures long time ago. Sam and max didnt played.
ADG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ADG_
Member since 2003 • 1654 Posts
Go play The Longest Journey, IMHO one of the best adventure games ever...
gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gfile
is that a sequel, related to syberia?
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19590 Posts

is that a sequel, related to syberia?gfile

I don't think so - although they look similar, from what I've seen. I haven't played Syberia, but TLJ and Dreamfall were great.

Anyway, aside from Sam and Max: Season One, I can't think of many other recent adventure games that are worth playing.

If you like the Gabriel Knight series then you'll probably want to get Gray Matter, which is coming out next year. It's being created/written by the same woman who did GK (and the same composer, too - although that's unconfirmed atm).

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#5 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis, Day of the tentacle, Grim Fandango are all classics that everybody should own.
omerdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 omerdv
Member since 2005 • 1071 Posts

MONKEY ISLAND 4 LIFE!!!!!

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
New Sam and Max games are exellent.
G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts
Jack Keane is surprisingly good. I have it in german though
BTOG46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BTOG46
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
If you can handle DosBox, or SCUMM, there are a lot of old point and click Adventures on Abandonware and Freeware sites these days, it might be worth checking some of them out.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

from the last 5 years the best ones were IMO:

Syberia 1-2
Myst IV-V
Moment of Silence
Broken Sword 3-4
Penumbra
Sherlock Holmes: the Awakened
Destination: Treasure Island
Dark Fall 1-2
Sam and Max: Season 1
Shivah

Kaelken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kaelken
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts
Nope
gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gfile

[QUOTE="gfile"]is that a sequel, related to syberia?Planeforger

I don't think so - although they look similar, from what I've seen. I haven't played Syberia, but TLJ and Dreamfall were great.

Anyway, aside from Sam and Max: Season One, I can't think of many other recent adventure games that are worth playing.

If you like the Gabriel Knight series then you'll probably want to get Gray Matter, which is coming out next year. It's being created/written by the same woman who did GK (and the same composer, too - although that's unconfirmed atm).

Thnx8) i didnt even heard about Gray matter..is it horror? Waiting Alan WAKE for years, i see that you know what i am talking about...i probably played 99% of point and click games...gabriel knight(s),phantasmagoria(s),jack the ripper etc,are dos games and they are old...

gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gfile

If you can handle DosBox, or SCUMM, there are a lot of old point and click Adventures on Abandonware and Freeware sites these days, it might be worth checking some of them out.BTOG46

You must know...these dos games are great!!! with movie story, yes they are old..but still...now i cannot play them because they must haveWIN95 to play...THE SCARIEST GAMES EVER...DONT UNDERESTIMATETHEM...you must be very young player:twisted:

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

If you want to go really old school, check out Quest for glory series. It's an RPG/Adventure point and click, one of the very first of it's kind. Amazinghumor (think Fallout kind of), Awesome gameplay, and it doesn't work on levels for skill ups. You can stand there and throw rocks at a wall and improve your throwing skill, which is very rare in any of today's games.Also check out King's Quest series. Both Classic series, You'll need dosbox for both.

Loved the Gabriel Knight series, some of the best.

Avatar image for xXxDreadlordxXx
xXxDreadlordxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xXxDreadlordxXx
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

Sanitarium

Broken Sword

Myst 4

Escape from mysterious island

iwokojance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iwokojance
Member since 2005 • 1040 Posts
The Longest Journey was fun. Great storyline.
ADG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ADG_
is that a sequel, related to syberia?gfile
It's not a sequel, and since I don't know Syberia I don't know if they're related in some way The Longest Journey has a great story and a lot of nice (but hard) puzzles. I'd advise staying away from the "sequel" Dreamfall though, as it doesn't have any puzzles, nor does it have anything that even resembles an ending. And it's not point and click either Of comedy adventure games, Grim Fandango is IMHO the best. Lots of great puzzles, great comedy and a memorable story. It's not point and click though
shafrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 shafrox
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts

The Longest Journey

Indiana Jone and the Fate of Atlantis

Sanitarium

Monkey Island series

Grim Fandango (not point and click)

Syberia (dont play Syberia 2)

Indigo Prophecy (not point and click)

hmmmm... thats all for now folks :)

gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gfile

[QUOTE="gfile"]is that a sequel, related to syberia?ADG_
It's not a sequel, and since I don't know Syberia I don't know if they're related in some way The Longest Journey has a great story and a lot of nice (but hard) puzzles. I'd advise staying away from the "sequel" Dreamfall though, as it doesn't have any puzzles, nor does it have anything that even resembles an ending. And it's not point and click either Of comedy adventure games, Grim Fandango is IMHO the best. Lots of great puzzles, great comedy and a memorable story. It's not point and click though

yes, grim fandango was revolutionary, ive played it;)... syberia was very hard with puzzles...i rather play something like Gabriel knight especc. GABRIEL KNIGHT:THE BEAST WITHIN,my favourite,movie acting,great story, horror enviroment, and great bonuspackage of original game...my favourite adventure game...did you played it:question:

gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gfile
Maybe ill try the longest journey;)
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

[QUOTE="ADG_"][QUOTE="gfile"]is that a sequel, related to syberia?gfile

yes, grim fandango was revolutionary, ive played it;)... syberia was very hard with puzzles...i rather play something like Gabriel knight especc. GABRIEL KNIGHT:THE BEAST WITHIN,my favourite,movie acting,great story, horror enviroment, and great bonuspackage of original game...my favourite adventure game...did you played it:question:

Well..then you sure must be extatic that Jane Jansen's new game will be out next year :)

gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gfile
GREY MATTER will be awesome, thanks all, jene jensen rules!! Shame not to have movie actors instead of a rendered ones...
St-Aries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 St-Aries
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts
play the longest journey or Post Mortem and Stilllife ... Syberia is Great ....
ImmoDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ImmoDuck
Member since 2007 • 231 Posts
I heard that Syberia was generally lacking in atmosphere. As for the Longest Journey,that is my favorite game in the genre, with an amazing story. I even enjoyed Dreamfall.
ADG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ADG_
Still Life is also great, but some versions contains the virus known as starforce
nit3man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nit3man
Member since 2004 • 130 Posts
syberia I and II are the best games ever imo. also good point and click in still life, secret files and paradise.
Zillaschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zillaschool
Member since 2004 • 1610 Posts
Syberia(both) is the best advanture game i have ever played.
gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gfile
yes, still life has a good story but the animation is bad, not fluid, without life...and puzzles are too easy
ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts

I heard that Syberia was generally lacking in atmosphere.ImmoDuck

I've yet to finish Syberia, I haven't gotten further then the town in the start, and I'd say the atmosphere is superb.

BTOG46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BTOG46

[QUOTE="BTOG46"]If you can handle DosBox, or SCUMM, there are a lot of old point and click Adventures on Abandonware and Freeware sites these days, it might be worth checking some of them out.gfile

You must know...these dos games are great!!! with movie story, yes they are old..but still...now i cannot play them because they must haveWIN95 to play...THE SCARIEST GAMES EVER...DONT UNDERESTIMATETHEM...you must be very young player:twisted:

But you CAN run them if you install DosBox, it's designed to run the Abondoware downloads on XP, and SCUMM is Lucasarts own player for it's old dos adventures, it runs them and a lot of others just fine on XP

DosBox is a pain though if you want to run any originals you may still have, but I have old computers to run those, or on XP using VirtualBox running a virtual Pc with 95 installed.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

Sanitarium is an oldie but a goodie.

eclarkdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#32 eclarkdog
Member since 2004 • 1310 Posts

Anybody played really good point and click adventure recently? I am playing broken sword 4 now. Played gabriel knight all, phantasmagoria and all the other horror adventures long time ago. Sam and max didnt played.gfile

You appear to be quite a fan of this genre. If so, then The Longest Journey (TLG)and Dreamfall or really must plays for you. TLG is simply one of the best adventure games ever, and Dreamfall continues the story. Further episodic games in the series are forthcoming. It is not a sequel to Syberia but it may be by the same creators of that game.

St-Aries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 St-Aries
any game for Benoit Sokal and Microids will be good
gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gfile

more like a horror(ish) point and click adventure fan to be specific, but played also other adv. with a good story;)

St-Aries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 St-Aries
Silent Hill 2 has a great story ... but its an action adventure game ...i really likes the story ... although there's SH3 and SH4 and now SH origins and SH5 ... but SH2's story is great .. really sad ending
eclarkdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#36 eclarkdog
Member since 2004 • 1310 Posts

more like a horror(ish) point and click adventure fan to be specific, but played also other adv. with a good story;)

gfile

Then Sanitarium is the game for you, if you haven't played it. The game is a bit dated but I think the graphics hold up fine and were great for the time. It's very creepy and with a great story and atmosphere.

St-Aries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 St-Aries
Silent Hill 2 has a great story ... but its an action adventure game ...i really likes the story ... although there's SH3 and SH4 and now SH origins and SH5 ... but SH2's story is great .. really sad endingSt-Aries

gfile

try SH series ... specially SH2
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts
It had been said few times already, but I have to agree that Syberia I and II are excellent!
gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gfile
[QUOTE="gfile"]

[QUOTE="BTOG46"]If you can handle DosBox, or SCUMM, there are a lot of old point and click Adventures on Abandonware and Freeware sites these days, it might be worth checking some of them out.BTOG46

But you CAN run them if you install DosBox, it's designed to run the Abondoware downloads on XP, and SCUMM is Lucasarts own player for it's old dos adventures, it runs them and a lot of others just fine on XP

DosBox is a pain though if you want to run any originals you may still have, but I have old computers to run those, or on XP using VirtualBox running a virtual Pc with 95 installed.

exuse me for missunderstanding, i know how to play in dosbox, and played them already...i want something new in this kind...horror point and click, played silent hill(s) all...
ADG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ADG_

[QUOTE="gfile"]Anybody played really good point and click adventure recently? I am playing broken sword 4 now. Played gabriel knight all, phantasmagoria and all the other horror adventures long time ago. Sam and max didnt played.eclarkdog

You appear to be quite a fan of this genre. If so, then The Longest Journey (TLG)and Dreamfall or really must plays for you. TLG is simply one of the best adventure games ever, and Dreamfall continues the story. Further episodic games in the series are forthcoming. It is not a sequel to Syberia but it may be by the same creators of that game.

But Dreamfall is not point and click, doesn't contain any puzzles and the story is unfinished
REd_toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 REd_toe
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts

baldur's gate 1 and 2 were really good.

MrNacaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MrNacaa
Member since 2006 • 510 Posts
Blade Runner?
gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gfile
Blade runner was a pretty good game, yes.
gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gfile

baldur's gate 1 and 2 were really good.

REd_toe

its rpg

BTOG46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BTOG46
Have you tried the freeware games, John DeFoe(aka Trilby) series, 5 Days a Stranger, 7 Days a Sceptic, Trilby's Notes, and 6 days a sacrifice. The time line needs to be followed, so you must play them in that order.
gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gfile

Have you tried the freeware games, John DeFoe(aka Trilby) series, 5 Days a Stranger, 7 Days a Sceptic, Trilby's Notes, and 6 days a sacrifice. The time line needs to be followed, so you must play them in that order.BTOG46
Why arent youmade your profile, yet:question: I really want to know who am i talking to?;)

emmm78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 emmm78
Member since 2005 • 282 Posts
All old school Sierra adventure games, Monkey Island series, Larry series, TLJ and Dreamfall of course and also if u liked Syberia, Paradise from Benoit Sokal
BTOG46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BTOG46

[QUOTE="BTOG46"]Have you tried the freeware games, John DeFoe(aka Trilby) series, 5 Days a Stranger, 7 Days a Sceptic, Trilby's Notes, and 6 days a sacrifice. The time line needs to be followed, so you must play them in that order.gfile

Why arent youmade your profile, yet:question: I really want to know who am i talking to?;)

I haven't made a profile yet simply because I'm busy looking after 2 websites, helping people on the ubi forums, and the Settlers 6 beta forum, and trying to cope with msn, and my emails. on top of all that.....well I'm a bit lazy, but I'm what my user name stands for, a Bad Tempered Old Git. and I live in the north east of England

I'll have to try and update my details on Gamespot, all I have are some basic ones and some of the games I own.

dchan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dchan01
Member since 2002 • 2768 Posts

[QUOTE="ImmoDuck"]I heard that Syberia was generally lacking in atmosphere.ShotGunBunny

I've yet to finish Syberia, I haven't gotten further then the town in the start, and I'd say the atmosphere is superb.

I wasn't a big fan of the Syberia series. They were so lonely. I liked the TLJ games a lot more.

gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gfile

Did anybody played games like phantasmagoria(s), gabriel knight(s), blade runner?:question: Inthose gamescharacters are real movie actors acting at rendered backgrounds, like watching a good horror movie, butactually making a change in it.Phantasmagoria had several different endings...Gabriel knight 2: the beast within was and were my number 1 game, the storywas a master piece:!This GREY METTER game will be awesome, but still shame not to have live actors as characters..