Another Asian Gamer Bites the Dust

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 D9-THC
Member since 2007 • 3081 Posts

It seems like gaming for three straight days is the magic number when it comes to Asian people dying in internet cafes...

Link

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
its sad to see people having no self-control
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts
Thats too bad. And as much as it is the guy's fault, wtf were the owners of the cafe thinking? Three straight days? Someone should have done something.
Adam-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Adam-117
Member since 2007 • 238 Posts
WTF thats, I don't even know what to call that. Why would you play a game for that long......
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrbojangles25

This is the problem with China...NO REGULATION! We take this stuff for granted in the States, and we might hear some story like this and then the business would get, in most people's opinions, unjustly sued but the fact is if we didnt have these rules everyone would be dropping like flies in internet cafes.

China put melanonin or something in animal feed to provide false highs of nitrogen content...they put crap in their toothpaste. WTF, China, have some self control!

Three days...thats rediculous!

rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rob1101
Member since 2004 • 3435 Posts
i think jack tompson killed him.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

Well...I tried very hard to feel some kind of compassion for this poor soul. Unfortunetly I just really can't care about this guy. 3 freaking days?!?!?!?!

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Talk about being addicted. But that's pretty pathetic.
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts

did he die from hunger or thirst? Unless he didnt drink/eat for 3 days straight im confused as to what killed him.

Yah he's 30 yrs old too, no self control at 30 :/

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrbojangles25

did he die from hunger or thirst? Unless he didnt drink/eat for 3 days straight im confused as to what killed him.

davez82

Nah, people can just up and die from exhaustion. I forgot exactly what its called, but you just dont get enough sleep and you exert yourself too much. Couple that with constant adrenaline rushes and (most likely) caffeinated beverages and you got a good recipe for dying.

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dnuggs40

davez82

I think it was stress caused by not enough to eat/drink, sitting in the same spot for days, no hygeine, and no sleep. I think these factors taken together were just too much stress on the body. He probably was also downing alot of caffine to stay away.

His body just gave out...

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

out of curiousity....

do you pay by the our or by session there?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrbojangles25

out of curiousity....

do you pay by the our or by session there?

cobrax75

Not sure. When I was in Spain this summer you payed by the hour. Like 30 mins was 1.50 Euros and an hour would be 2.90 Euros or something like that. China problably works the same.

Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts
I really dont know wether to feel sorry for the guy or say "3 days in a row, thats pathetic". It seems that this is a recurring issue in China, they dont have self control when it comes to PC games
Orcishman05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Orcishman05
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
5 bucks says he was playing WoW trying to get a ton of PvP honor or trying to get his arena rank up or something stupid.
Crucifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Crucifier
Member since 2002 • 7195 Posts
5 bucks says he was playing WoW trying to get a ton of PvP honor or trying to get his arena rank up or something stupid.Orcishman05
$50 says he was playing starcraft
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dnuggs40

[QUOTE="Orcishman05"]5 bucks says he was playing WoW trying to get a ton of PvP honor or trying to get his arena rank up or something stupid.Crucifier

Yup, that's where my money would be as well...

can0of0cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 can0of0cheese
Member since 2006 • 233 Posts

This is the problem with China...NO REGULATION! We take this stuff for granted in the States, and we might hear some story like this and then the business would get, in most people's opinions, unjustly sued but the fact is if we didnt have these rules everyone would be dropping like flies in internet cafes.

China put melanonin or something in animal feed to provide false highs of nitrogen content...they put crap in their toothpaste. WTF, China, have some self control!

mrbojangles25

I seriously hope that was some kind of joke, if people are stupid enough not noticing when they are starting to die maybe they should just drop dead and not reproduce for the good of the world. I have only managed two straight days of gaming (lan) and was clearly exhousted when i went home .

LouieV13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#19 LouieV13
Member since 2005 • 7604 Posts
I played warcraft for three straight days before and im dead and well...
Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

[QUOTE="Crucifier"][QUOTE="Orcishman05"]5 bucks says he was playing WoW trying to get a ton of PvP honor or trying to get his arena rank up or something stupid.dnuggs40

Yup, that's where my money would be as well...

Yep... My money would be in the "he was playing Starcraft" bet...

D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 D9-THC
Member since 2007 • 3081 Posts
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

can0of0cheese

I seriously hope that was some kind of joke, if people are stupid enough not noticing when they are starting to die maybe they should just drop dead and not reproduce for the good of the world. I have only managed two straight days of gaming (lan) and was clearly exhousted when i went home .

It's a little more complex than that...

China would much rather let natural selection "naturally select" those who do not give back to the state in the way that China sees fit. China is a testing ground for population control...death is actually a good thing to them in a case like this.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrbojangles25
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

can0of0cheese

Well, people can be stupid. Not only that, but people can also be severely mentally handicapped. For all we know this guy could have been living off of welfare and, instead of buying food, spent his money on games and internet use.

There are way too many variables, but it is not unbelievable imo.

RazorGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RazorGR
Member since 2005 • 1605 Posts
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

can0of0cheese

Two straight days? That seems pretty extreme to me. I have never managed or felt the need to play for more than 8 or so hours straight, even when I was at the peak of my gaming addiction a few years ago...

can0of0cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 can0of0cheese
[QUOTE="can0of0cheese"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

D9-THC

It's a little more complex than that...

China would much rather let natural selection "naturally select" those who do not give back to the state in the way that China sees fit. China is a testing ground for population control...death is actually a good thing to them in a case like this.

Well actually i can't really see anything negative about this at all...

can0of0cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 can0of0cheese
[QUOTE="can0of0cheese"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

RazorGR

Two straight days? That seems pretty extreme to me. I have never managed or felt the need to play for more than 8 or so hours straight, even when I was at the peak of my gaming addiction a few years ago...

It was a cs tournament in the 9th grade, all the guys from the class was there, but most left after the first day.... We only ate candy/chips and drank jolt cola/coffe/some random power drink i can't remember the name of..

pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts
I wonder what he was playing..
Orguss999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Orguss999
Member since 2004 • 55 Posts
YOu know, there's no info as to the guys health prior to his gaming binge session. This dude could have been like 300 pounds, with horrible health conditions. The binge could have only been the icing on the cake. But the news people know that the story will sell alot more if it's a game related death, rather then another bad health condition case, which wouldn't even make the news.
RazorGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RazorGR
Member since 2005 • 1605 Posts
[QUOTE="RazorGR"][QUOTE="can0of0cheese"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

can0of0cheese

It was a cs tournament in the 9th grade, all the guys from the class was there, but most left after the first day.... We only ate candy/chips and drank jolt cola/coffe/some random power drink i can't remember the name of..

Well, that explains it I guess. I've never participated in any gaming tournament so I wouldn't know. My personal record (around 8 hours straight) was when I was playing civ3 (offline). That ''just one more turn..'' feeling you get with these games keeps you playing for hours on end.

-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
What game was he playing? lol
Ahurigaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ahurigaan
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

Addiction is a **** ......oh well.

(Wanders merrily off)

Azeryk-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Azeryk-
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
What a bad way to go, you'd have thought that someone would have stepped in even if it's not well regulated.
fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2386 Posts
I just can't imagine what game would hook someone bad enough to play for three straight days. Eventually I'd need to get up and have a beer or something.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
What I want to know is what the hell game was he playing?
d0pestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 d0pestar
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts
What I want to know is what the hell game was he playing?sSubZerOo

agreed..i really dont feel sorry for this guy but it would be interesting to know what could keep him there for 3 days straight..longest ive played is like 16 hours of WoW straight lol...was fun :P...but yeah as for the guy dying..just another case of survival of the fittest and he was obviously not smart enough to survive...i hate all the bad media that gamers get and idiots like this guy make it worse for the rest of us
buttface1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 buttface1
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

Well, atleast he died a good death... hope he was playing something rad on that comp before he died. :D

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Dang, maybe it was his wish, now he'll be in a virtual heaven.
Avatar image for woolysockofdoom
woolysockofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 woolysockofdoom
Member since 2003 • 494 Posts
Isn't this the one where he was doing online gambling games? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.
Galzakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 Galzakian
Member since 2004 • 5160 Posts
Won't get any sympathy from me. Learn to moderate yourself.
dsymetry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dsymetry
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
I have never been able to understand why people die from playing games, for starters.. SLEEP IF FUN do it..
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

It seems like gaming for three straight days is the magic number when it comes to Asian people dying in internet cafes...

Link

D9-THC

Proves they are not as smart as us.

Take from that what you will....

deniiiii21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deniiiii21
Member since 2007 • 1261 Posts
Wow I didnt think you could die if u play 3 days, I mean 3 days without sleep ok sleep deprivation you wont die, maybe he wasnt drinking any water, he could have gone 3 days without food easily, I dont know why he would die from playing a game that long.
accord100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 accord100
Member since 2005 • 442 Posts

What game was he playing? lol-AK47-

Big Rigs

transCendenZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 transCendenZ
Member since 2003 • 4818 Posts
I've got no sympathy for him. Playing games till your body gives out is ridiculous.
Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts
What a pathetic way to go...
thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
It baffles me that people do this to themselves.
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts
Probably said before but what kind of loot did he drop? and why didn't he ask for a rez? kthxbye
aussieboy911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 aussieboy911
Member since 2007 • 980 Posts
lol electricNZ u are very touchy. im not being racist when im talking facts about people bringing their **** into real life over a what should be a hobby (except for people who play for sport) and since ur being racist ("you kangaroo" you called me)why dont i just call you a sheep shagger its only fair. geez
ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts

Yeah I keep some sheep in my backyard.

"asians are pretty pathetic when it comes to online gaming" - aussieboy911 (apparently it's a fact)