dwispa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dwispa
Member since 2014 • 199 Posts

Does anyone know if the optimization issues with Dying Light pertains to all AMD cards or a select few? I was considering buying the game but I don't know which cards are affected. I have an R9 270 GPU with an Intel I5-4690K CPU

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@dwispa said:

Does anyone know if the optimization issues with Dying Light pertains to all AMD cards or a select few? I was considering buying the game but I don't know which cards are affected. I have an R9 270 GPU with an Intel I5-4690K CPU

It's ok for me as long as I play on lowest settings...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

AMD everything is affected. It's what happens when you buy the poor man's brand.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

AMD everything is affected. It's what happens when you buy the poor man's brand.

thats not true my friend , Everything works Great @AMD hardware only the games that support nvida workcrap ... and that is just sad from nvida part as they dont actually want a real compete paying developers to support and add crappy things to manipulate other company hardware ...

dwispa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dwispa

I certainly don't intend to pay $60 USD to just play on the lowest settings

@PredatorRules said:

@dwispa said:

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@dwispa said:

@PredatorRules said:

@dwispa said:

i play on an oldish 7850 with all medium settings and i get 35-70fps depending if i'm outside or inside. The game is heavily cpu depended ( i have a core i5 4440 ) View distance is about 40% and view distance is what affects most performance and stuttering ( consoles view distance is less than 0% of the equivalent pc settings )

And even on medium the game looks pretty damn great

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GeryGo  Moderator

@dwispa said:

@PredatorRules said:

@dwispa said:

It's funny because if you compare graphics between ultra and low - it doesn't change much except for the boost in performance.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@dwispa said:

@PredatorRules said:

@dwispa said:

It's funny because if you compare graphics between ultra and low - it doesn't change much except for the boost in performance.

I play on ultra everything beside view distance at 40 percent. I get 50 fps average

dwispa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dwispa

@commander: Can you list your specs? I'd like to understand people's specs relative to their performance

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

It's funny because AMD users have to lower their expectations drastically to find satisfaction with their cards

Sorry, I'm fucking around.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 commander

@dwispa said:

@commander: Can you list your specs? I'd like to understand people's specs relative to their performance

i5-3470, r9 280x vapor x, 1866 mhz 2 x 4gb ddr3.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By commander

@KHAndAnime said:

@PredatorRules said:

It's funny because AMD users have to lower their expectations drastically to find satisfaction with their cards

I prefer nvidia as well, but amd gives you more bang for the buck.

But some games simply run better and smoother on an nvidia card. I don't know why, but for some games the color pallette is more matte with nvidia while amd is like a shiny fluo palette.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

@commander said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@PredatorRules said:

But some games simply run better and smoother on an nvidia card. I don't know why, but for some games the color pallette is more matte with nvidia while amd is like a shiny fluo palette.

Some games run better on Nvidia cards, some games run better on AMD cards.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@insane_metalist said:

@commander said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@PredatorRules said:

Some games run better on Nvidia cards, some games run better on AMD cards.

True.

Do not forget it's average 50fps with that card, my main complain was that it got drastic frame drops to 20 all of a sudden, that's why I've dropped the view distance AND graphics.