Alienware; best value for money as of now?????

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wizzyman101
Member since 2012 • 76 Posts
In all seriousness', how can you disagree with this statement....heres an examlple the basic £649 x51 comes with a: nivida 555 (two 550 tis in sli, rivles 670!!!) i7 2700k edition 6gb ram good mobo good harddrive, etc, etc and a good case trust me i got this
wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wizzyman101
oh and btw i mean best PREBUILT pcs i know you can get better i have pc with sli 6870s etc etc
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Alienware always been overpriced,even for prebuilts.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Are you mad with the other thread,trying to prove how alienware is good? :lol:
WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

The 550 ti is a pathetic card. Two of them perform more like a 560 or 560ti. They don't come close to a 670. Also, OEM PCs use cheap, low quality components. You did not get good RAM or anything. You're either a troll, or someone who knows nothing about PCs.

wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wizzyman101
ok find another predbuilt pc with under 649 squids with sli 550 tis go on i dare u
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="wizzyman101"]ok find another predbuilt pc with under 649 squids with sli 550 tis go on i dare u

gtx 555 is not 550ti sli.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

the 550 series is also prone horribly to faliure. the number of those things that i here about flatlining is so high its a joke maybe 2-3 times a week. their power consumption is poor, they oc like @$$ and at their price range there is a multitude of better cards for cheaper that dont have ANY of their problems. finally the alienware x51 needs to be rma'd as a whle meaning higher fees if it brakes XD

the only thing good about the x51 is that fact that it doesnt explode or catch fire which has a pretty good chance of happening in the future as dell has signed deals with MSI for gaming chassis providing and their latest lineup all has a problem with literally catching fire XD

the x51 isnt only inefficient it might one day be a FIRE HAZARD

wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wizzyman101
explain to me how i run all games maxed out with aff and aa at 40 fps on a 22 inch monitor then hmmmmmmmmm talk to me
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="wizzyman101"]explain to me how i run all games maxed out with aff and aa at 40 fps on a 22 inch monitor then hmmmmmmmmm talk to me

:lol: You're a real pro!
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts
You know that's just marketing right? They put two weak graphics cards in SLI just so they can sell the idea that the computer has two graphics cards in it and it apparently it worked, you're thrilled even though that particular setup is weak. You'd be better off spending that money on a single card that's worth a damn.
wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wizzyman101
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"]explain to me how i run all games maxed out with aff and aa at 40 fps on a 22 inch monitor then hmmmmmmmmm talk to me

if that aint sarcastic thanks!
wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wizzyman101
You know that's just marketing right? They put two weak graphics cards in SLI just so they can sell the idea that the computer has two graphics cards in it and it apparently it worked, you're thrilled even though that particular setup is weak. You'd be better off spending that money on a single card that's worth a damn.Marfoo
i got this http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/335490-15-tomshardware read it now
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"]explain to me how i run all games maxed out with aff and aa at 40 fps on a 22 inch monitor then hmmmmmmmmm talk to me

I was. Should know that monitor size doesn't affect fps.
wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wizzyman101
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] :lol: You're a real pro!

erm yes it does. bigger monitor more megapixels on screen, more pixels more toll it takes on ram and gpu....so yeah, i know more than you
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"] if that aint sarcastic thanks!

erm yes it does. bigger monitor more megapixels on screen, more pixels more toll it takes on ram and gpu....so yeah, i know more than you

Thanks for the laugh.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ionusX

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"]explain to me how i run all games maxed out with aff and aa at 40 fps on a 22 inch monitor then hmmmmmmmmm talk to mewizzyman101

wizzyman your going to become the loosingends of pc hardware jsut u wait. its going to be magnificent, i wont need to go to SW to get some lols and you get to continue being high on whatever drug your on

112255%20-%20cocaine%20cocaine_is_a_hell

NailedGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NailedGR
Member since 2010 • 997 Posts

Not even a good troll.

0/10

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Marfoo
[QUOTE="Marfoo"]You know that's just marketing right? They put two weak graphics cards in SLI just so they can sell the idea that the computer has two graphics cards in it and it apparently it worked, you're thrilled even though that particular setup is weak. You'd be better off spending that money on a single card that's worth a damn.wizzyman101
i got this http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/335490-15-tomshardware read it now

What's the point? The people on that forum came to the conclusion that two 550tis in SLI was a good idea if you already had one and could get a second for cheap. Buying a single equivalent GPU will always be the better idea when building from scratch with new parts.
Daanyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Daanyal
Member since 2009 • 773 Posts

Thanks TC, got a good laugh out of this. :lol:

Anyway, instead of laughing at your pathetic knowledge of PC hardware, I'll try to educate you.

Firstly, monitor size doesn't matter. Resolution does.

Secondly, let's take your assumption that a GTX 550 Ti = GTX 555, and that it rivals a 670. Take a look at this. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/541?vs=598

The 670 demolishes the 550 Ti in every way. Even if a GTX 555 = 2x 550 Tis, it still wouldn't beat the 670.

Thirdly, Dell and Alienware are known for using cheapo, low quality parts. So your argument of good RAM, good mobo, and good hard drives, etc, is thrown out the window.

Fourthly, the X51 case seems to have horrible cooling performance, because Alienware went for looks and not performance, plus the SFF doesn't help things.

Fifthly, stop trying to justify your purchase of an Alienware X51. (which was a total ripoff) If you're happy, then shut up and play games on it. Don't try to justify your crappy purchase to a bunch of users on a forum who obviously know better than to buy an Alienware.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ionusX

Thanks TC, got a good laugh out of this. :lol:

Anyway, instead of laughing at your pathetic knowledge of PC hardware, I'll try to educate you.

Firstly, monitor size doesn't matter. Resolution does.

Secondly, let's take your assumption that a GTX 550 Ti = GTX 555, and that it rivals a 670. Take a look at this. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/541?vs=598

The 670 demolishes the 550 Ti in every way. Even if a GTX 555 = 2x 550 Tis, it still wouldn't beat the 670.

Thirdly, Dell and Alienware are known for using cheapo, low quality parts. So your argument of good RAM, good mobo, and good hard drives, etc, is thrown out the window.

Fourthly, the X51 case seems to have horrible cooling performance, because Alienware went for looks and not performance, plus the SFF doesn't help things.

Fifthly, stop trying to justify your purchase of an Alienware X51. (which was a total ripoff) If you're happy, then shut up and play games on it. Don't try to justify your crappy purchase to a bunch of users on a forum who obviously know better than to buy an Alienware.

Daanyal

wizzyman just got DROPPED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9usG8aA4yog&feature=related

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

Not even a good troll.

0/10

NailedGR
My thoughts.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

Pathetic/10

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

The x51 is a good value. I always thought Alienwares were like double the price of a pre-built. I payed maybe 10-15 percent more for the Alienware name on the x51. Its a reasonable price for the convenience and look of it.

People try to justify having a ugly monstrocity of a gaming computer by saying its cheaper. I laugh because I buy stuff I like, not whats the cheapest.

All other computers besides the x51 are ugly to me.

Sturmfuehrer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Sturmfuehrer_
Member since 2012 • 167 Posts

Alienware has never been good value for money. It has always been overpriced poo.

The X51 is no different. Good CPU ruined by mediocre board, GPU and other cheap bits, with a silly price tag.

I'd lvoe to see some proof that the TC's playing recent games like BF3 in ultra settings with 40 FPS on that thing.

It's an overpriced media server at best.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ionusX

Alienware has never been good value for money. It has always been overpriced poo.

The X51 is no different. Good CPU ruined by mediocre board, GPU and other cheap bits, with a silly price tag.

I'd lvoe to see some proof that the TC's playing recent games like BF3 in ultra settings with 40 FPS on that thing.

It's an overpriced media server at best.

Sturmfuehrer_

this guy here has all the right stuff i like you :)

neo_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 neo_87
Member since 2011 • 394 Posts

Not even a good troll.

0/10

NailedGR
this
Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blaznwiipspman1  Online
Member since 2007 • 16609 Posts

[QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] :lol: You're a real pro!ionusX

wizzyman your going to become the loosingends of pc hardware jsut u wait. its going to be magnificent, i wont need to go to SW to get some lols and you get to continue being high on whatever drug your on

112255%20-%20cocaine%20cocaine_is_a_hell

LOLLL gotta love dave chappelle

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blaznwiipspman1  Online
Member since 2007 • 16609 Posts

The x51 is a good value. I always thought Alienwares were like double the price of a pre-built. I payed maybe 10-15 percent more for the Alienware name on the x51. Its a reasonable price for the convenience and look of it.

People try to justify having a ugly monstrocity of a gaming computer by saying its cheaper. I laugh because I buy stuff I like, not whats the cheapest.

slipknot0129

lmao i have a feeling slipknot and wizzy are actually the same person ??:?

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

blaznwiipspman1

Nope, we are different people.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

[QUOTE="blaznwiipspman1"]

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

slipknot0129

Oh god, you mean your type is actually spreading?
djdarkforces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 djdarkforces
Member since 2009 • 812 Posts

hahaha couldnt help but lmao reading thro this thread

wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wizzyman101

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

slipknot0129

hey guys back from school. it was good anywyas you people ar eidiots, i work at grainger games and i know more than you
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Marfoo
[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

wizzyman101

hey guys back from school. it was good anywyas you people ar eidiots, i work at grainger games and i know more than you

Ad hominem will get you nowhere. Many of the regular posters here, including myself, have built dozens of systems and work technical computer software/hardware related jobs for years, jobs that require hardware/software understanding at much more fundamental and enlightening level. If you bought the X51 for the aesthetics or form factor, fine. You can't argue that the hardware is anything special though, it's not, and dozens of posts on previous pages have pointed that out. The evidence makes a case for itself.
wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wizzyman101
[QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="slipknot0129"]Nope, we are different people.Marfoo

Ad hominem will get you nowhere. Many of the regular posters here, including myself, have built dozens of systems and work technical computer software/hardware related jobs for years, jobs that require hardware/software understanding at much more fundamental and enlightening level. If you bought the X51 for the aesthetics or form factor, fine. You can't argue that the hardware is anything special though, it's not, and dozens of posts on previous pages have pointed that out. The evidence makes a case for itself.

erm crossifre 500 tis i7 for under 650 squids talk to me
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Marfoo

[QUOTE="Marfoo"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"] hey guys back from school. it was good anywyas you people ar eidiots, i work at grainger games and i know more than youwizzyman101
Let's see the link to that price? Ad hominem will get you nowhere. Many of the regular posters here, including myself, have built dozens of systems and work technical computer software/hardware related jobs for years, jobs that require hardware/software understanding at much more fundamental and enlightening level. If you bought the X51 for the aesthetics or form factor, fine. You can't argue that the hardware is anything special though, it's not, and dozens of posts on previous pages have pointed that out. The evidence makes a case for itself.

Let's see the link to that price.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ionusX

yeah wizzy is an alt but still FoS

wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wizzyman101

yeah wizzy is an alt but still FoS

ionusX
is this a good monitor ion and how do i insert pics im not an alt, tho http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-S240HLbid-widescreen-monitor-Backlight/dp/B005QVZ79C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341588600&sr=8-1
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Okay once and for all gtx 555 does not equal 2x550ti"s ( even if that was the case 550ti's are a far cry from gtx 670 performace

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-555-oem/specifications

Here are the specs of the OEM gtx 555. Basically its a gtx 460SE with somewhat higher clocks but narrower memory bandwidth . Basically a card that its 10-15% slower than a gtx 460

wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wizzyman101
1. geforce is not a legit website 2. answer to my query above
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Marfoo

1. geforce is not a legit website 2. answer to my query abovewizzyman101

1. GeForce is not a legit website? Are you freaking kidding me?

Also, better performance for under £650.00 isn't too hard. This system would be quite a bit faster than x51 in the config you mentioned. And by the way, the config you mentioned at 650 squids is actually this:

• Core i3 2120
  • Geforce GT 545
  • 4GB RAM

So not only does the system I just configured beat your x51, it completely destroys it.

30tqxkw.jpg

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
[QUOTE="wizzyman101"]1. geforce is not a legit website 2. answer to my query above

Sure an nvidia site is not legit and you think you are ? I would really love to see you try playing BF3 at 1080p and ultra on that card
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Marfoo
[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"]1. geforce is not a legit website 2. answer to my query above

Sure an nvidia site is not legit and you think you are ? I would really love to see you try playing BF3 at 1080p and ultra on that card

Seriously wizzyman, stay the hell off our forums if that's the kind info you're going to be throwing around. We aim to help people with GOOD advice on this forum and not misnformation and BS like you like to throw around.
wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wizzyman101
[QUOTE="Marfoo"][QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"]1. geforce is not a legit website 2. answer to my query above

Seriously wizzyman, stay the hell off our forums if that's the kind info you're going to be throwing around. We aim to help people with GOOD advice on this forum and not misnformation and BS like you like to throw around.

ok mind helping me?? Is that monitor i mentioned any good ok i got confused about geforce you see i am from packistan
Elitemajik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Elitemajik
Member since 2002 • 333 Posts
[QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="Marfoo"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"] hey guys back from school. it was good anywyas you people ar eidiots, i work at grainger games and i know more than you

650 squids? thats a lot of squid
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ionusX

[QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="Marfoo"] Ad hominem will get you nowhere. Many of the regular posters here, including myself, have built dozens of systems and work technical computer software/hardware related jobs for years, jobs that require hardware/software understanding at much more fundamental and enlightening level. If you bought the X51 for the aesthetics or form factor, fine. You can't argue that the hardware is anything special though, it's not, and dozens of posts on previous pages have pointed that out. The evidence makes a case for itself.Elitemajik

i lolled

wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wizzyman101
[QUOTE="Elitemajik"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="Marfoo"] Ad hominem will get you nowhere. Many of the regular posters here, including myself, have built dozens of systems and work technical computer software/hardware related jobs for years, jobs that require hardware/software understanding at much more fundamental and enlightening level. If you bought the X51 for the aesthetics or form factor, fine. You can't argue that the hardware is anything special though, it's not, and dozens of posts on previous pages have pointed that out. The evidence makes a case for itself.

obvious yank is obvious now ionusx ANSWER MY DAMN MONITOR QUEATION
NailedGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NailedGR
Member since 2010 • 997 Posts

[QUOTE="Marfoo"][QUOTE="adamosmaki"] Sure an nvidia site is not legit and you think you are ? I would really love to see you try playing BF3 at 1080p and ultra on that card wizzyman101

ok mind helping me?? Is that monitor i mentioned any good ok i got confused about geforce you see i am from packistan

>I am from packistan

>Mispell pakistan

gb2/g/ Have fun with all your neckbear friends there

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Marfoo

[QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="Marfoo"] Seriously wizzyman, stay the hell off our forums if that's the kind info you're going to be throwing around. We aim to help people with GOOD advice on this forum and not misnformation and BS like you like to throw around.NailedGR

>I am from packistan

>Mispell pakistan

The same guy who was calling people yanks when someone made a joke about using the word "squids" when talking about money.