Alienware 18 v. Sager NP9377

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vatorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vatorus
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts

I'd like some feedback, info, opinions, experiences with the Alienware 18 and the Sager NP9377, especially from anyone that has dealt with xoticpc.com.

I'm looking for a new notebook gaming PC and require, or at least would like:

- Dual GTX 980M's

- dual SSDs in a Raid 0 config

- 1800 MHz RAM

Which pretty much leaves me with 2 choices, the Alienware 18 or the Sager NP9377. Recommendations appreciated, and specifically:

1) How is the reliability of the Sager?

2) Anyone know whether xoticpc.com customer service is any good? Or the entire site for that matter?

3) Is there another option I am missing?

I really don't want to go back to Alienware since my M18x has crashed FIVE times, been repaired that many times, and has now crashed for a SIXTH time! And I'm reluctant to go with Sager because there is a chance the boutique PC shop you buy it from will go out of business. But where else can I get this kind of power in a notebook?

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@vatorus: I have had an Alienware 18 for over a year now and it's sick, never had a single problem. I can max games with ease and it runs great. The newer Alienware laptops have much better build quality compared to the older ones, I had an M18x too. You can haggle with Alienware and they will give you a discount. Say you saw a similar Sager for cheaper and they will knock some money off. If you buy an expensive one you can probably get a couple hundred dollars off. If the first person you talk to won't haggle hang up and call again. Good luck.