Age of Conan...who else is picturing a horrible launch?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skullcandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Skullcandy
Member since 2003 • 763 Posts
I'm sure many of us are looking forward to the launch of AoC tomorrow, but the recent clusterf*ck of the early entrance pre-order shutdown has me very worried for the full scale launch. I actually won't be able to get in game until Wednesday, but I'm not upset about it because I have visions of continious server crashes tomorrow. How many people out there are worried that Funcom completely underestimated the number of people loading up AoC during launch day? I obviously understand there will be launch day difficulties, but how big do you think they will be?
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts

I think they're making good use of downtime to make sure that the Tuesday launch goes as smoothly as possible. I've been having a ton of fun since the early-access started on Saturday and look forward to playing AoC for a good, long time.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts
I predict it's going to get a 7.5 or 8.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#4 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Imagine being the first one in the game!!
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DGFreak

Imagine being the first one in the game!!biggest_loser

A little late for that, no?

CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
I'm still hoping this game fails miserably so that some of the older MMOs that I am involved in do not take as much of a hit.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58567 Posts

I said this in another thread, but I think the prelaunch was a sort of post-beta beta...meaning the folks in the real beta got an old version, but the folks in the early launch got what should have been the real beta (i.e. a close-to-final version). I think come retail release day, there is going to be a huuuge update (a good thing, albeit a nuisance) and a lot of the problems seen now will be gone.

Idunno...part of me wants to take a gamble and get it tomarow, part of me wants to wait for some player and official reviews

I know the game itself, gameplay, graphics, quests, etc, will be good, my questions are more towards the stability.

FerraraZ23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 FerraraZ23
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts
I dont No I think this game is going to have a good launch. Funcom has made all their mistakes from the first game they launched (Anarchy Online). Their doing things different with Age of Conan and so far there seems to be good noise going around.
FerraraZ23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FerraraZ23
I dont No I think this game is going to have a good launch. Funcom has made all their mistakes from the first game they launched (Anarchy Online). Their doing things different with Age of Conan and so far there seems to be good noise going around.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

I said this in another thread, but I think the prelaunch was a sort of post-beta beta...meaning the folks in the real beta got an old version, but the folks in the early launch got what should have been the real beta (i.e. a close-to-final version). I think come retail release day, there is going to be a huuuge update (a good thing, albeit a nuisance) and a lot of the problems seen now will be gone.

Idunno...part of me wants to take a gamble and get it tomarow, part of me wants to wait for some player and official reviews

I know the game itself, gameplay, graphics, quests, etc, will be good, my questions are more towards the stability.

mrbojangles25

I think I'm getting it regardless. I've heard a bunch of people who thought the beta was terrible, but that the pre-release version was much better and they loved it. Plus - I need a new MMO.

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts

mrbojangles25

You arent the only one lol.

FerraraZ23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FerraraZ23
Tim from Ctrl Alt Del loves it. And he's pretty tough when it comes to MMORPG's.
TheFreeloader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheFreeloader
Member since 2008 • 290 Posts

I predict it's going to get a 7.5 or 8.zaku101

No way! That game is at least gonna get 9.0. So much brand new stuff, and on such a big scale. Completely new controls system, a full blown PvE end-game, seige pvp battle, mounted battles, city building, unique character creator, lots of story and cutscenes. And on top of that great graphics. Something has to go horrible wrong somewhere for this not to be like one of the top 3 games of the year.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrbojangles25
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

GodLovesDead

I think I'm getting it regardless. I've heard a bunch of people who thought the beta was terrible, but that the pre-release version was much better and they loved it. Plus - I need a new MMO.

ya..i mean I bought Pirates of the Burning Sea and didnt subscribe, but I stil lthought it was worth it. So I think I will get Conan.

DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DGFreak

[QUOTE="zaku101"]I predict it's going to get a 7.5 or 8.TheFreeloader

No way! That game is at least gonna get 9.0. So much brand new stuff, and on such a big scale. Completely new controls system, a full blown PvE end-game, seige pvp battle, mounted battles, city building, unique character creator, lots of story and cutscenes. And on top of that great graphics. Something has to go horrible wrong somewhere for this not to be like one of the top 3 games of the year.

I doubt it will get higher than an 8 because of the bugs that are yet to be worked out, but I don't think any MMO should be rated higher than that at release.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
[QUOTE="TheFreeloader"]

[QUOTE="zaku101"]I predict it's going to get a 7.5 or 8.DGFreak

I doubt it will get higher than an 8 because of the bugs that are yet to be worked out, but I don't think any MMO should be rated higher than that at release.

That's stupid. Why should MMOs be rated lower because they have problems they won't be around for long? You think WoW was bug free at launch? Far from it.

BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts

I'm still hoping this game fails miserably so that some of the older MMOs that I am involved in do not take as much of a hit.CheeChee_Macko

like WoW? you kids stay there...

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts
I'm still waiting for my apology from Funcom for the complete disaster that was the Anarchy Online launch and following months and months. As for this game, IF it launches and only has half the issues of AO during it's launch window I'll take another look at it as I've been waiting for this game as well.
Skullcandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 Skullcandy
Member since 2003 • 763 Posts

@GodLovesDead

That Immortal video is the one on a continual loop...in Hell.

Royas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 Royas
Member since 2002 • 1448 Posts
I think I'll wait to see what the reviews and other players are saying before I consider getting this one. I'm a bit worn out on MMO's right now anyway, it'd have to be pretty spectacular to get my attention. I'd be expecting problems on the launch day, also. There are always problems on the launch day, always. Hopefully, Funcom is prepared for the inevitable failures and will be able to respond to them quickly. Surely they learned something from the Anarchy Online launch... hopefully.
Crzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Crzy1
Member since 2003 • 359 Posts

So far I'm having a blast, but I havn't gotten out of the newbie area yet (level 19). It has progressed extremely well and I havn't had any lag to speak of and the only problems I've had are from other players which eventually works itself out. When the game launches tomorrow, we may bear witness to the unspeakable horrors like WoW getting a ton of mainstream attention and going downhill for a couple of months with continuous crashes (from boats, no less).

I'm hoping all goes well and they open a handful of other servers to lighten the load so everything works out like it should.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#22 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

GodLovesDead

Im in the same boat as you, i pre-ordered it and havnt cancelled the order yet. Ill have the game a week from today (next monday) and i cant wait to get on and try the game, looks like alot of fun!

Let me know what server you start your character on and maybe do a few quests.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kozzy1234

So far I'm having a blast, but I havn't gotten out of the newbie area yet (level 19). It has progressed extremely well and I havn't had any lag to speak of and the only problems I've had are from other players which eventually works itself out. When the game launches tomorrow, we may bear witness to the unspeakable horrors like WoW getting a ton of mainstream attention and going downhill for a couple of months with continuous crashes (from boats, no less).

I'm hoping all goes well and they open a handful of other servers to lighten the load so everything works out like it should.

Crzy1

Nice, thanks for the info man, update us a few days this week if you dont mind, let us know how its going, as i wont have the game till next monday :D

MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
Early Acess was surprising smooth. The game has improved since beta and has surpassed my expectations. Hopefully retail launch will be the same.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kozzy1234

Early Acess was surprising smooth. The game has improved since beta and has surpassed my expectations. Hopefully retail launch will be the same.MTBare

Nice, good to hear :D

Do you know if its true that there will be user made or owned towns/houses etc?

MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
Guilds will be able to build cities. You can also, if your guild is powerful enough, turn your city into a battlekeep which is going to be so badass.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kozzy1234

Guilds will be able to build cities. You can also, if your guild is powerful enough, turn your city into a battlekeep which is going to be so badass.MTBare

Awesome, that sounds fantastic ! :D

Havnt been this excited for a online rpg since Ultima Online!

w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
Ok, servers are live but I'm having to luck actually logging in :(
SonKev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SonKev
Member since 2007 • 552 Posts

[QUOTE="CheeChee_Macko"]I'm still hoping this game fails miserably so that some of the older MMOs that I am involved in do not take as much of a hit.BLaZe462

like WoW? you kids stay there...

Sounds like you got pwned by children, dont worry in aoc, adults will be slower for you :P

Aaryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Aaryk
Member since 2004 • 1638 Posts
As one of the faithful that has stood by Anarchy Online for years, I sure as hell hope AoC has a good launch. I think it would help secure the future of AO for years to come, plus it might bring back some old players so they can see how much better things are now.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

I just played all weekend and got my first character up to 20...one word to describe this game...

AWESOME!!!!!

Kentisc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kentisc
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
From what I've heard, during the early access everything went fine. I know that in early access there aren't as much people as in the official launch but they are making new servers every day so i think everything will be fine. The only thing that bothers me are the Log in servers.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrbojangles25

I just played all weekend and got my first character up to 20...one word to describe this game...

AWESOME!!!!!

TheCrazed420

sweeeet, that makes me feel much better.

how are the bugs? Any large glaring ones, or is it just a few small ones?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kozzy1234

AWESOME!!!!!

TheCrazed420

Stop teasing me Crazed! :lol:

God i cannot wait for this game! Sounds so awesome! hehe :P

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheCrazed420
[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"]

AWESOME!!!!!

mrbojangles25

sweeeet, that makes me feel much better.

how are the bugs? Any large glaring ones, or is it just a few small ones?

No real issues here. Bloom seems unoptimized, and I have issues with the high textures. Basically they go into really low res mode(a la Gears of War). Setting to medium took care of that. I had a few crashes, but nothing that got me too frustrated.

I don't know if I'm just one of the lucky ones, or if Funcom has learned a lot since AO and has applied all of this new knowledge to AoC. I hope its the latter, because I'm really digging the game. I'm actually going to quietly sneak out of work right now, because I just picked up my CE copy and I'm going home to play!

A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#36 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
It's going to be a headache for alot of people. You can see the threads already...
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kozzy1234

It's going to be a headache for alot of people. You can see the threads already...A1B2C3CAL

Hope its working for me next monday hehe

Avatar image for deactivated-60f7582dcaa79
deactivated-60f7582dcaa79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-60f7582dcaa79
Member since 2004 • 510 Posts

Wanna talk about bugs? Ebonlore and two other guilds have already glitched there characters to level 80. This game will be an epic fail.

cetzop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cetzop
Member since 2008 • 131 Posts

Wanna talk about bugs? Ebonlore and two other guilds have already glitched there characters to level 80. This game will be an epic fail.

4th3ist
How does one bug like that mean "epic fail"? Grow up, probably just another kiddy WoW fanboy whose parents won't buy him a new PC wanting AoC to fail.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kozzy1234

4th3ist

That wont ruin it for me as ill more the likely just be doing missions with people and not doing alot of player vs player stuff

df853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 df853
Member since 2004 • 1433 Posts

I'm sure many of us are looking forward to the launch of AoC tomorrow, but the recent clusterf*ck of the early entrance pre-order shutdown has me very worried for the full scale launch. I actually won't be able to get in game until Wednesday, but I'm not upset about it because I have visions of continious server crashes tomorrow. How many people out there are worried that Funcom completely underestimated the number of people loading up AoC during launch day? I obviously understand there will be launch day difficulties, but how big do you think they will be?Skullcandy

The launch will be worse than the Challenger launch.

Shrinekeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shrinekeeper
Member since 2003 • 331 Posts
Just picked this game up today, can't play it till I get off work though :(. Hope it is as good as it looks.
RedInTheSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RedInTheSky
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
The recommended spec say duo core, will a quad work just fine or are there setbacks and such?
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheCrazed420

It's going to be a headache for alot of people. You can see the threads already...A1B2C3CAL

Most of the complaints are directed at early access denial and downtimes...both unjustified.

And the servers are currently up and running smoothly. :)

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheCrazed420

4th3ist

Thats what the 5 hour downtime last night was rumored to be for. I think it shows Funcom being active in addressing it right away. And WoW had its share of exploits at first.

EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
It's defintely rocky as hell. I am in one of the broken zones right now so I can't play my character. So far there are a couple of these. Lol. Pretty amusing really. Ripping my hair out right now.
A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#47 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

4th3ist
LOL it doesn't surprise me. The game is going to be a nightmare in PvP...they don't know how to balance things. The game just started and certain guilds already have level 80 toons?! Very unfair if they did it by glitching/cheating.
RedInTheSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RedInTheSky
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
Give it a break ppl, its first day, of course its going to have some problems, it will be all fixed soon.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheCrazed420

It's defintely rocky as hell. I am in one of the broken zones right now so I can't play my character. So far there are a couple of these. Lol. Pretty amusing really. Ripping my hair out right now.EndersAres

How far out? I'm just finishing Tortage now so I haven't heard of this.

itzmec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 itzmec
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]Imagine being the first one in the game!!DGFreak

A little late for that, no?

never to late to imagine