Age of Conan through digital purchase?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
This game is sold out everwhere. I'd prefer to not wait a week for it to come back in stock. So I was wondering if any sites were allowing digital purchase, or if any sites were selling serials? Or maybe if anyone wants to sell their account to me, message me with a PM.
darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts
no...the download would be massive anyways
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GodLovesDead

no...the download would be massive anywaysdarkmagician06

Not really. Assuming I get reasonable download speeds I'd be able to leave it on overnight and have it finish.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

[QUOTE="darkmagician06"]no...the download would be massive anywaysGodLovesDead

Not really. Assuming I get reasonable download speeds I'd be able to leave it on overnight and have it finish.

Then go the digital download way.. if it were me id buy the game in a store. You have the game, manual, box etc. You can reinstall anytime.. if you have any problems and for some reason need to reinstall the game, you'll have to redownload it again.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Unfortunately, not yet. At very least, I personally couldn't find a retail copy available via digital distribution.

Had to order my copy from Newegg.

TheBigBadGRIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TheBigBadGRIM
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts
The game requires like 26gb of hard drive space to even install. Digitally purchasing games is the best thing right now, but not for this game.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

no...the download would be massive anywaysdarkmagician06

It's not actually such a big problem. I've already downloaded the game twice and it only takes six to eight hours with a 8Mb/s connection.

TheBigBadGRIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 TheBigBadGRIM
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts

[QUOTE="darkmagician06"]no...the download would be massive anywaysRK-Mara

It's not actually such a big problem. I've already downloaded the game twice and it only takes six to eight hours with a 8Mb/s connection.

Exactly my point, way too much downloading. It's like you're torrent downloading it or something. What if he has to reformat sometime this year...oh god thats one hell of a redownload. /wrist.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
[QUOTE="RK-Mara"]

[QUOTE="darkmagician06"]no...the download would be massive anywaysTheBigBadGRIM

Exactly my point, way too much downloading. It's like you're torrent downloading it or something. What if he has to reformat sometime this year...oh god thats one hell of a redownload. /wrist.

Save it to an external HDD or secondary HDD? Most newer PC's should come equipped with a second drive, they're cheap enough.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GodLovesDead
I know this is a hard concept to understand but not everyone turns off their PC at night. The most I'd have to do is just turn on the download, go to bed, wake up, and it's done.
ct1615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ct1615
Member since 2004 • 733 Posts

This game is sold out everwhere. I'd prefer to not wait a week for it to come back in stock. So I was wondering if any sites were allowing digital purchase, or if any sites were selling serials? Or maybe if anyone wants to sell their account to me, message me with a PM. GodLovesDead

save yourself $50 and wait till it hits the bargain bin in about a month

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GodLovesDead

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]This game is sold out everwhere. I'd prefer to not wait a week for it to come back in stock. So I was wondering if any sites were allowing digital purchase, or if any sites were selling serials? Or maybe if anyone wants to sell their account to me, message me with a PM. ct1615

Considering it's the fastest selling PC game in a long time - I doubt that'll be happening very soon. And it's currently AAA. =\

ct1615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ct1615
Member since 2004 • 733 Posts
[QUOTE="ct1615"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]This game is sold out everwhere. I'd prefer to not wait a week for it to come back in stock. So I was wondering if any sites were allowing digital purchase, or if any sites were selling serials? Or maybe if anyone wants to sell their account to me, message me with a PM. GodLovesDead

Considering it's the fastest selling PC game in a long time - I doubt that'll be happening very soon. And it's currently AAA. =\

Its over-rated and all the people will be playing Warhammer when it comes out but if you really want it; try Wal-mart, Target, Best-Buy, etc., They do a better job on keeping stock games then gamestop, even on their online sites. You can go online and see which stores have it in stock.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GodLovesDead
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="ct1615"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]This game is sold out everwhere. I'd prefer to not wait a week for it to come back in stock. So I was wondering if any sites were allowing digital purchase, or if any sites were selling serials? Or maybe if anyone wants to sell their account to me, message me with a PM. ct1615

Its over-rated and all the people will be playing Warhammer when it comes out but if you really want it; try Wal-mart, Target, Best-Buy, etc., They do a better job on keeping stock games then gamestop, even on their online sites. You can go online and see which stores have it in stock.

I dont' know of any Gamestops in Seattle. I called Wal-mart, Target, and Best-Buy and they said they sold out of AoC first day, and sold out the next time they got restocked too. Warhammer online is a WoW clone. I guarantee you it won't outsell AoC.

Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts

I dont' know of any Gamestops in Seattle. I called Wal-mart, Target, and Best-Buy and they said they sold out of AoC first day, and sold out the next time they got restocked too. Warhammer online is a WoW clone. I guarantee you it won't outsell AoC.

GodLovesDead

If you were REALLY desperate, you could always head over to the Best Buy in Yakima...I think they had 8 copies left yesterday (after I picked one up). Didn't seem that that particular branch was selling out.

Trilvester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Trilvester
Member since 2003 • 1857 Posts
I went to best buy on release day and picked up the last copy on the shelf. Boy do I feel lucky.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
I have an EU account i need to get rid of if anyone is interested, i activated it, but i am willing to trade for US account or sell cheap, as in 20$ maybe less.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GodLovesDead
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

Ein-7919

If you were REALLY desperate, you could always head over to the Best Buy in Yakima...I think they had 8 copies left yesterday (after I picked one up). Didn't seem that that particular branch was selling out.

Is there that many gamers in Yakima? :P

BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts
Normally I'm a fan of digital purchases like that, but I'm not sure I'd have the patience for Age of Conan. It's 26gb or so. It's an all nighter or two at least depending on your connection. That's actually bigger than my entire Steam directory, which I've been working on for awhile now.
Julio_Brutal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Julio_Brutal
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts

Who said its 26GB??

The installer is 13.5GB and after installation, with the 1GB update (wich you'll have to make, no matter the way you get the game) its about 25GB.

pwilletts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 pwilletts
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts
Downloading 13.5 GB is gonna take a long time no matter how fast your internet connection is.
fightinglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fightinglove
Member since 2004 • 145 Posts

Downloading 13.5 GB is gonna take a long time no matter how fast your internet connection is.pwilletts

yeah, because 100mbit and 1mbit are the same, right ?

geesh..

blowtrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 blowtrees
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

I've been waiting for a digital version too. 15 or so gigs is a lot for your typical cable connection, and definately an all nighter, but that's only about 3x as big as my SupCom purchases were, and those babies (like most digital downloads) came via a dedicated download server, and with any torrent or accelerator (segmented, simultanious downloads) you can cut that time drastically. I don't know about any 8Mb/s but definately better than the 700kb/s to 1.2Mb/s your typical comcast subscriber will get around these parts. It wouldn't possibly take more than 12 hours on any broadband connection and most PC's can download a large file and still operate at near max capacity without much trouble. Plus, most programs resume downloads where they left off, so timing out isn't much of a concern.

Also most digital retailers retain your download rights and usually your keys for a year or more so storage is hardly an issue. And like it was suggested, a seperate drive to keep your installer files isn't a bad idea for any pc program, not just large games.