55 panasonic st50 breakin question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blazer7932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blazer7932
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
i just received my set from amazon and was wanting to know how to break it in. This is my first plasma so i want to know if I could just leave the tv on for a few days on a hd channel or with slides on an sd card to break it in or is it recommended to do shorter time periods. I also game and was wanting to know if turning the brightness down would help with image retention? thanks
Handful_of_Cog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Handful_of_Cog
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts

Go to avs forum there are plenty of guides to breaking in this t.v. I personally would only do slides to break in the tv if I were going to get it professionally calibrated after a couple hundred hours. Your general use of the tv will break it in just fine. I bought one months ago planned on doing D-nice's setup and slides but after getting it home all I wanted to do is watch it (and with a 3 year old and a wife it seemed impossible to wait 4-5 days). Your picture will benefit from it but not as greatly as some people say.

As for retention I told myself I was going to be very careful but Im always leaving a stagnant image of something on the screen. I havnt been able to get much to stick, it also has a anti retention wiper that works pretty good.

blazer7932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blazer7932
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Yeah I just joined avs to see what they say, I am going to try and wait haha but like you said as soon as you get it you want to watch it. If its safe to run the slides and leave the tv on for 4 to 5 days then i should be able to manage but if im supposed to do sessions and let it cool down then i might have to watch some movies lol.