55% of gamers are pc gamers? then why is pc treated like a step child....

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joykills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joykills
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts
by developers/publishers? why is 360 the priority for most fps these days? why did epic make gears for 360 and not pc first? ect ect? http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173525.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1 is that 55% pc gamer mostly solitaire gamers? where can i find out how many copies of cod 2(pc) sold vs. cod 2(360) for example?
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
You should probably ask this in system wars.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

My guess? because of money profit. At the preent time X360 is getting many developers and third party included because it's popular.

Many own the system and are buying games rapidly. The same reason why multi-platforming is going on. Sell it on more systems, receive larger profit.

It doesn't matter apparently if they mess up the game mechanics, graphics, controls even gameplay. It truly is sad in my opinion. Take a good look at Windows Vista and Games for Windows, even Direct X10 which barely makes any difference at present time.

It's all advertisement.

In the 3rd and 4th quarter of this year, us PC gamers are having a few decent titles to look forward to.

How will the future hold? Time will tell.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
you make a good point, but we are getting crysis (ultimate ownage to console fanboys) and maybe most prople who play on pc's only use old games such as starcraft and diablo II for examples (possibility they buy consoles to stay up to date).
bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 bogaty
Member since 2003 • 4750 Posts
Most PC gamers are casual gamers who play things like Windows Solitaire or games like bridge, cribbage or online poker on stuff like Pogo.
paul1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 paul1290
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts

Many PC gamers own consoles as well. The statistics probably overlap quite a bit.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
All my wife plays is Solitaire, Scrabble and those type of games. Would she be considered a PC gamer? I think most people that play PC games also own consoles. I didn't think the Computer was competing with consoles until this website.
arneolai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 arneolai
Member since 2005 • 40 Posts

A lot of gamers are n00bs, and its hard for them to know if their computer can runa a gam or not, so its easier with

a console. Pc games are also easier to download illegal at pirat sites :(

If you remebmer when hl2 came too xbox, it was a flop, pc is the best console and has been for years now.

Warstratigier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Warstratigier
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
The PCs, I believe, are more diverse into the genresand also the fact that the technology a PC must have to perform high end games is more costly than a console. But when all that is got, I believe two FPS,Bioshock and Crysis, will hold thier ground towards the consoles.
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 smokeydabear076
The PCs, I believe, are more diverse into the genresand also the fact that the technology a PC must have to perform high end games is more costly than a console. But when all that is got, I believe two FPS,Bioshock and Crysis, will hold thier ground towards the consoles.Warstratigier
Just so you know, Bioshock is on the Xbox 360.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Takes way more money to devolpe pc games over consoles.. Every game is garenteed to have patchs.. There are just too many configurations out there that the devs must spend painstakingly long times making sure everything works.. While console devs only have to worry about one set up.
VfighterX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VfighterX
Member since 2005 • 256 Posts
I don't have a console. :shock:
gabwa007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gabwa007
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts
PCs more diverse in genres ? All I can see is MMOs , FPSs, RTSs and more MMOs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59d151f079814

PCs more diverse in genres ? All I can see is MMOs , FPSs, RTSs and more MMOs.gabwa007

... There is quite a deal of RPG's, action-adventure games, a few flight sims including space sims, Turn based Strategy games,not to mention the numerous titles that can't neccesarly fit in just one catagory. Computers have the greatest flexiability with games due to moding, which the console industry will most likely never get.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
Are Pogo players or online gamblers included in that 55%? These companies pay people to tell them what systems have the largest audience for each genre. I did not read the article but a huge amount of "PC gamers" include those Pogo people.
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
do you want to see how bright game devs are well lets look at console game gone to pc. lol this how this how watered down conoles games compared to pc. A good game to get is spriderman 3. Any pc gamer will notice how bad that game is and guess what it is full of bugs just try it. conole games are just garabe lol check out the pc gamer mag to see the ratings.
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

I think if you look worldwide, yes there's no question that more people are using their PC's to play games. It all depends on where you poll your data. In Europe, that's PC Gaming's largest demographic, according to a GFW article a while back, much more-so than here in the States. Also, pretty much all of Asia except Japan has a much larger PC install base than console base, but Piracy is a real problem.

The PC does get the shaft a lot of times with multiplatform development, as the PC interface needs to be different in order to work well, and it seems that not enough work is given to multiplat titles on the PC side. There is hope though, as Bioshock seems to be getting extra attention as far as interface, and other games like UT3 will feature just a different game on PC's than consoles even though they are multiplat, thanks to mods galore.

To your question about Gears, Microsoft actually owns the IP and essentially paid Epic to make the game for them. In return MS paid them an insane amount of money to push their console sales, hence why it's 360 only title. In fact though, some might remember, it was slated for the PC as well when it was first introduced a very long time ago.

Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts

Piracy

The people with machines powerful enough to play the new games which is like 5% of the population all pirate the games. So whose left to buy? lol noone because people who don't have a good pc will just buy it on 360.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 smokeydabear076

Piracy

The people with machines powerful enough to play the new games which is like 5% of the population all pirate the games. So whose left to buy? lol noone because people who don't have a good pc will just buy it on 360.

Terrorantula
Actually I have never pirated a game in my life. You are just being ignorant.:roll:
gamelord319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 gamelord319
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
X360 is made by the makers of PC. The reason people get xbox and playstaion is because they don't have to upgrade them over time. But, what they don't realise is that they end up buying new consoles, not a $500 graphics card. I think PC games die harder too. For example, go on Diablo 2 online. IT'S STILL KICKIN! Battlefield? Huge great game. WoW? 7 million+ users! They say pc games are dieing but it's not true. The PC games are also better quality, take Starcraft, for example. I would much rather play starcraft brood war than c&c tiberium wars on the xbox. Why? Because it runs smoother. It is easier to do, harder gameplay, and FUNNER! In conclusion, PC's may cost a little bit more money, but theres cheaper games. These cheaper games will give more gameplay than the boring 70 dollar games for xbox or ps3 (not saying all of them are bad). The games have their online communities longer. I love the PC, and there's still many people out there who do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59d151f079814

Piracy

Terrorantula

Thats dumb conclusion.. Firstly your stereotyping and overgeneralizing making your point fall flat on its face. Secondly even if piracy ended there is no conclusion that the person would actually buy the game..

Also the reason why PC games are looked down upon for devs is the fact that when your sellign your game alot of times your not selling it to the entire population.. Look at crysis for instance.. Only a minority of people will actually buy it because the game requires so much..

And if you sell to the great common denominator you will lose appeal to people who want blazing technology. Blizzard of course is an enigma that seem to find a fine balance between the two.. So does Valve.

gamelord319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamelord319
Yeah, Blizzard makes great games that most computers can run.
ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ChevelleFan
Member since 2004 • 1783 Posts

by developers/publishers? why is 360 the priority for most fps these days? why did epic make gears for 360 and not pc first? ect ect? http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173525.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1 is that 55% pc gamer mostly solitaire gamers? where can i find out how many copies of cod 2(pc) sold vs. cod 2(360) for example?joykills

Yes, the majority of that 55% is made up of people who play solitaire, minesweeper, or play free online flash games.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#24 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

The explanation is right there in the article. PC gamers play games a lot, but they're also the fussiest gamers on Earth and don't buy many games. Part of the reason is the very nature of PC gaming - lasting value. When you buy a game like Civilization IV, The Sims 2 or World of Warcraft, you're basically set for months (nevermind mods and stuff). There's nothing like that on consoles. Most console games are expendible goods - buy a game, finish it, on to the next one.There's a relatively small group of hardcore console gamers who are big spenders.

gamelord319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamelord319

The explanation is right there in the article. PC gamers play games a lot, but they're also the fussiest gamers on Earth and don't buy many games. Part of the reason is the very nature of PC gaming - lasting value. When you buy a game like Civilization IV, The Sims 2 or World of Warcraft, you're basically set for months (nevermind mods and stuff). There's nothing like that on consoles. Most console games are expendible goods - buy a game, finish it, on to the next one.There's a relatively small group of hardcore console gamers who are big spenders.

UpInFlames
That is very true.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Deihmos
[QUOTE="Terrorantula"]

Piracy

sSubZerOo

Thats dumb conclusion.. Firstly your stereotyping and overgeneralizing making your point fall flat on its face. Secondly even if piracy ended there is no conclusion that the person would actually buy the game..

Also the reason why PC games are looked down upon for devs is the fact that when your sellign your game alot of times your not selling it to the entire population.. Look at crysis for instance.. Only a minority of people will actually buy it because the game requires so much..

And if you sell to the great common denominator you will lose appeal to people who want blazing technology. Blizzard of course is an enigma that seem to find a fine balance between the two.. So does Valve.

You make a very good point. In the 90s PC gaming was extremely popular because you did not need an expensive video card to play games and they played fine with onboard video cards. I remember playing Unreal Tournament with freinds that owned emachines but today that wouldn't work.

The higher the requirements the less people buy them and that is one of the reason CS 1.6 remains the most popular PC shooter.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="Terrorantula"]

Piracy

Deihmos

You make a very good point. In the 90s PC gaming was extremely popular because you did not need an expensive video card to play games and they played fine with onboard video cards. I remember playing Unreal Tournament with freinds that owned emachines but today that wouldn't work.

The higher the requirements the less people buy them and that is one of the reason CS 1.6 remains the most popular PC shooter.

You do not need an expensive video card to play games now. You need an expensive video card to play games on maximum settings.
Stockman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Stockman
Member since 2002 • 400 Posts

A lot of gamers are n00bs, and its hard for them to know if their computer can runa a gam or not, so its easier with

If you remebmer when hl2 came too xbox, it was a flop, pc is the best console and has been for years now.

arneolai

Was that English?

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="arneolai"]

Stockman

Was that English?

What you don't know what a pirat is?;)
SKOPY291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 SKOPY291
Member since 2005 • 209 Posts

You know if I was to use the percentages I would say that 55% isn't a bad chunk of the industry. But then if you look at it 45% isn't too bad either. If I was to say why everyone is saying that PC gaming is dieing, using just the numbers you've provided to start this forum, itis because, since consolegaming has become more mainstreamits numbershave grown noticeably. Seeing that the PC market has always been there, and seems to be kind of stagnating, people see this as a decline. In actuality themarketfocus has shifted not necessarily that any one platform is dieing or is a "step child."

END3R330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 END3R330
Member since 2006 • 401 Posts
that statistic must include solitaire players because i dont know many poeple who have computers that support the games i play with other (what i owuld call avid) pc gamers. not many people are willing to spend the 1000+ dollars on a rig and build it themselve just to play games taht require more juice than HL1 era games. the other possibility may be steam and stuff cuz they have all those old games taht you can play on an integrated gfx card.
xbxman82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xbxman82
Member since 2007 • 330 Posts

yes i do own a 360 and so do a couple other of my freinds do to.Now lets get this out of the way now look this has been going on for years the console guys cant stand the pc guys and vice versa so look it really comes down to the games me i love my 360 :D even though im starting to see how much stuff i can do on a computer and it really should not matter if you have a good computer or not some people just want to play games and seriously is anybody going to give there children a computer and say here game on this?I think not thats why a lot of games come out for the consoles instead of the pc and come on yeah we do get some controllers we can use to play games on the pc but it doesnt feel right playing an action adventure game with a keyboard and mouse compared to a controller.Look i dont hate the pc guys and i dont hate the console guys where all GAMERS so get over it i do agree that the pc does get shafted on a lot of games but thats the way it is.I'm pissed off that a game that comes out on the pc is 49.99 and under like re4 20.00 which is an awesome game :D yes i do have it for my gc and ps2 and then you get shadowrun nother awesome game 49.99 how much is it on 360 60.00 im tired of paying ridiculous prices for my games that why im sticking with the pc i can do more on here and all this other stuff can i mod a game on my 360 no i do hope that the pc does get GEARS OF WAR!!!!!! and it doesn't help when all you hear is the pc market is dead theres nobody playing it blahblahblah give us the games and quit making it to where you need a 1,000 and up pc and maybe then the games will come thats probably whats turning a lot of people off is the fact that there worried that there pc wont be up to par with the games they want to play onthere.I should know i used to be one of those guys looking in wishing i had a computer that can play this game or that game and it sucks especially when you have said console and all you do is put game in the tray and then bam your playing said game where on the pc you have to make sure you have all the requirements and then you put the game in the tray and you have to type in the key for the game and a lot of people don't like to do that they just to play a game but as consoles are getting more expensive console new tv couple of games and a couple extra controllers that **** adds up to being a new custom built pc that they could have got for the same price but in the end it should just be about the games nothing else

ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ChevelleFan
Member since 2004 • 1783 Posts
I think the major reason why consoles are such a success is because they are accessible for a cheap price. For one you can be sure that the game will work at its max settings on a console because that is what it was developed for so there is a set standard which alot of people like. In all reality to get an experience minutely greater than that of a console strictly pertaining to games you have to spend hundreds of dollars more and sometimes thousands more depending on whether you build or buy pre-built. For most people the idea of building a pc is not so attractive and so end up spending $1000 on a pc and hardware that they know nothing about and often is junk for gaming. Yes if you have an uber pc your gaming experience will likely be much better, but it will only last three years maximum before you have to spend hundreds of dollars more to upgrade and stay on the cutting edge where as consoles can last up to five years before paying a few hundred dollars on a whole new console and not just a graphics card. If you take into account the number of gamers that play "real" games the percentage of pc gamers to console gamers is quite low. This probably equates to pc gamers being treated as the minority because in reality they are. Also it seems to be a common trend of pc games and the pc itself to alienate and segregate users based on system specs which repels many away from pc gaming because they have a worse gaming experience on a $1000 Dellpc that was sold to them as a gaming pcthan on a $400 console. Don't get me wrong though because I love pc gaming and I am not bashing it. I own a 360 and have owned aSuper Nintendo,N64, Playstation, and Xbox so I am not partial to the pc either.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Deihmos
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="Terrorantula"]

Piracy

smokeydabear076

You do not need an expensive video card to play games now. You need an expensive video card to play games on maximum settings.

Back then onboard video cards were good enough to play games but not anymore. Most computers sold in stores today are not capable of running any recent games. That was not always the case.

komet999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 komet999
Member since 2005 • 520 Posts
Im a PC gamer and 80% of the games I play are FPS, and 20% RTS. I just gota console but only to watch moviesin 1080p. I could never go back to playing FPS using a gamepad. Nuff said...
ShaDoW56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ShaDoW56
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts
I don't have a console. :shock:VfighterX
me neither lol, im getting a wii though only because im a zelda/metroid fanboy :)
tidusjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tidusjeff
Member since 2003 • 713 Posts
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="Terrorantula"]

Piracy

Deihmos

Funny though. How people can easliy say upgrading a computer or buying a new computer was expensive when back in the 90s computers costs a lot more then they do now.
Decon116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Decon116
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts
I hope us gamers come together and unite.Yes everyone loves to rip on Microsoft, but they are doing some good things as well. I hope cross platform takes off. Maybe then it wont be a question of PC vs. Console, but rather all gamers will be content with whatever system they choose to play on. Call me a sellout or whatever, but once Vista is worth a damn, I'll get it and I'll pay for crossplatform, cause thats how i want the gaming community run. In the end its about having fun... blowing up people on consoles who think they are better ;)
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 smokeydabear076

Deihmos I think that you are correct when you say that PCs in stores generally do not have good video cards, but upgrading to a video card that is capable of running games is not that expensive, at least it is not expensive in my opinion. Upgrading to a card that can run games on max is expensive, considering that you are going to go for the DX10 route.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Deihmos

I hope us gamers come together and unite.Yes everyone loves to rip on Microsoft, but they are doing some good things as well. I hope cross platform takes off. Maybe then it wont be a question of PC vs. Console, but rather all gamers will be content with whatever system they choose to play on. Call me a sellout or whatever, but once Vista is worth a damn, I'll get it and I'll pay for crossplatform, cause thats how i want the gaming community run. In the end its about having fun... blowing up people on consoles who think they are better ;)Decon116

Yep it's all about having fun and that is all i ever cared about.

ShaDoW56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ShaDoW56
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="Terrorantula"]

Piracy

Deihmos

Back then onboard video cards were good enough to play games but not anymore. Most computers sold in stores today are not capable of running any recent games. That was not always the case.

I agree, but it is a fact that if you bought an inexpenxive video card (say a 7600gt) and stuck it in your current machine it would cost like £70 and be able to run almost any game on high settings (depending on your other specs)

the reason that people cant play games is because everyone seems to think that Pcgames are something that cant be done for less than 'X' thousand quid, they arent good with hardware and companies like Dell will sell absolute trash for twice the price it should be

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Deihmos

Deihmos I think that you are correct when you say that PCs in stores generally do not have good video cards, but upgrading to a video card that is capable of running games is not that expensive, at least it is not expensive in my opinion. Upgrading to a card that can run games on max is expensive, considering that you are going to go for the DX10 route.

smokeydabear076

It's not expensive but not everyone is into upgrading. If the video cards that came with computers were better a lot more people would be playing PC games even if they had to lower the settings to bare minimum. That is one of the reasons I think Unreal was so popular since if you had a PC you could play it.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="Terrorantula"]

Piracy

ShaDoW56

I agree, but it is a fact that if you bought an inexpenxive video card (say a 7600gt) and stuck it in your current machine it would cost like £70 and be able to run almost any game on high settings (depending on your other specs)

the reason that people cant play games is because everyone seems to think that Pcgames are something that cant be done for less than 'X' thousand quid, they arent good with hardware and companies like Dell will sell absolute trash for twice the price it should be

Yeah and the reason they think that is because they are used to the consoles running their games on "max" so they have the same expectations when it comes to the PC. Personally I do not mind roughing it out with an out-dated PC until it absolutely makes the experience not worthwhile, but I highly doubt that the majority is the same way.
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]

Deihmos

It's not expensive but not everyone is into upgrading. If the video cards that came with computers were better a lot more people would be playing PC games even if they had to lower the settings to bare minimum. That is one of the reasons I think Unreal was so popular since if you had a PC you could play it.

Indeed.
SKOPY291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 SKOPY291
Member since 2005 • 209 Posts

[QUOTE="Decon116"]I hope us gamers come together and unite.Yes everyone loves to rip on Microsoft, but they are doing some good things as well. I hope cross platform takes off. Maybe then it wont be a question of PC vs. Console, but rather all gamers will be content with whatever system they choose to play on. Call me a sellout or whatever, but once Vista is worth a damn, I'll get it and I'll pay for crossplatform, cause thats how i want the gaming community run. In the end its about having fun... blowing up people on consoles who think they are better ;)Deihmos

I agree. There is no reason to hate on each other. We all play games and we should all be supportive of the platforms in any shape:console or PC. Anything that moves and matures our hobby/industry can't be a bad thing. PC gamers should love the consoles because they've brought people who wouldn't normally play games into it. Console gamers should love the PC because they still offer different experiences that the consoles are just starting to get into. It is a cycle. Get along and stop trying to justify your purchases with some arbitrary feature. Every platform has its advantages and disadvantages. The most inportant thing here is just to understand that we are all here for one reason: to game.

jORJE21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jORJE21
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts

I don't have a console. :shock:VfighterX

me neither:shock:

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="Deihmos"]

[QUOTE="Decon116"]I hope us gamers come together and unite.Yes everyone loves to rip on Microsoft, but they are doing some good things as well. I hope cross platform takes off. Maybe then it wont be a question of PC vs. Console, but rather all gamers will be content with whatever system they choose to play on. Call me a sellout or whatever, but once Vista is worth a damn, I'll get it and I'll pay for crossplatform, cause thats how i want the gaming community run. In the end its about having fun... blowing up people on consoles who think they are better ;)SKOPY291

I agree. There is no reason to hate on each other. We all play games and we should all be supportive of the platforms in any shape:console or PC. Anything that moves and matures our hobby/industry can't be a bad thing. PC gamers should love the consoles because they've brought people who wouldn't normally play games into it. Console gamers should love the PC because they still offer different experiences that the consoles are just starting to get into. It is a cycle. Get along and stop trying to justify your purchases with some arbitrary feature. Every platform has its advantages and disadvantages. The most inportant thing here is just to understand that we are all here for one reason: to game.

I agree.
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
[QUOTE="SKOPY291"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]

[QUOTE="Decon116"]I hope us gamers come together and unite.Yes everyone loves to rip on Microsoft, but they are doing some good things as well. I hope cross platform takes off. Maybe then it wont be a question of PC vs. Console, but rather all gamers will be content with whatever system they choose to play on. Call me a sellout or whatever, but once Vista is worth a damn, I'll get it and I'll pay for crossplatform, cause thats how i want the gaming community run. In the end its about having fun... blowing up people on consoles who think they are better ;)smokeydabear076

I agree.

I would do all that as long the console game devs learn how to really make a good game and not something that is cheap. Why should i paymore for a burger at resterant when I can go to burger king.

lets see these conoles game devs put their money were their mouth is, mirco soft wants to be in the pc market well lets see some real games or they should get out!

prostar343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 prostar343
Member since 2004 • 5258 Posts
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]

Deihmos

Yea it really is the upgrading thing that make people buy a console. First they buy the latest game, and see that their computer can't run it or only on low settings, then they see it on a console running better then their computer. Next they want to upgrade the computer, but not knowing anything about how to do it, and seeing these graphics cards that cost $500 they get frustrated, and just say what the hell screw this and buy the "cheaper" consoles.

fatboyvinnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#50 fatboyvinnie
Member since 2003 • 762 Posts
Developers tend to cater more to consoles since consoles are easier to play and usually bug free