2 problems with my Samsung T240 HD Monitor!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BLaZiNg_SPEED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 BLaZiNg_SPEED
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts

Hello,

I just purchased the Samsung T240 monitor from ebuyer.

The problem is that at the bottom of the monitor I do not see rose light all the way across the screen. I only see the red light near the power button but not all across.

What's the problem? Is it that that's how its supposed to be? Or am I having a technical issue with the monitor?:cry:

And the other issue I've got is that there's no sound with the monitor when I plug the sound from the back to the green circular souund jacket. I don't know why but its meant to have hidden speakers in this monitor.

Does anyone else have the same issues?

Thanks!

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
By rose light do you mean the red accent around the frame? The Samung website says it doesn't have speakers, the jack plug is a line out for use with other speakers when using HDMI input.
BLaZiNg_SPEED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BLaZiNg_SPEED

By rose light do you mean the red accent around the frame? The Samung website says it doesn't have speakers, the jack plug is a line out for use with other speakers when using HDMI input. markop2003

Yes I mean the red light around the frame. That is missing on my monitor. I only see the light near the power switch.

Btw how does the jack plug speakers work when using the speakers? Surely there should be sound coming out of it, or else how does it work?!

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 markop2003

[QUOTE="markop2003"]By rose light do you mean the red accent around the frame? The Samung website says it doesn't have speakers, the jack plug is a line out for use with other speakers when using HDMI input. BLaZiNg_SPEED

Yes I mean the red light around the frame. That is missing on my monitor. I only see the light near the power switch.

Btw how does the jack plug speakers work when using the speakers? Surely there should be sound coming out of it, or else how does it work?!

Probably just a bad solder or bust LED, it's broken but it doesn't actually do anything so i wouldn't worry about it. HDMI carries digital audio and video the monitor decodes it, displays the picture and outputs the analogue audio through the jack socket.
SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts

I'm not too sure about the sound issue but the light thing is fine. I also have a T220HD. It only lights up near the corner and not across the bottom of the bezel. Samsung's ToC(Touch of Color) doesn't light up.

BLaZiNg_SPEED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BLaZiNg_SPEED

[QUOTE="BLaZiNg_SPEED"]

[QUOTE="markop2003"]By rose light do you mean the red accent around the frame? The Samung website says it doesn't have speakers, the jack plug is a line out for use with other speakers when using HDMI input. markop2003

Probably just a bad solder or bust LED, it's broken but it doesn't actually do anything so i wouldn't worry about it. HDMI carries digital audio and video the monitor decodes it, displays the picture and outputs the analogue audio through the jack socket.

Hmm, yeah I don't really mind about the light. Although I can visit the shop to confirm whether the light is meant to be like that or not.

As for the sound. Do I need to buy a HDMI cable? Will a normal HDMI do me good? So do you reckon I'll receive sound if I actually connect my monitor with my graphics card using a HDMI cable and then connect the green audio jack with my computer? If so that will be great. :)

@SmokieX: thanks for your reply. So you get red light near the power button where you switch on and off? Same as me! So was it like that in the beginning? Cos strangely when I visited Currys shop I see the light all the way across the bottom..

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 markop2003
As for the sound. Do I need to buy a HDMI cable? Will a normal HDMI do me good? So do you reckon I'll receive sound if I actually connect my monitor with my graphics card using a HDMI cable and then connect the green audio jack with my computer? BLaZiNg_SPEED
You won't receive sound through it no matter what you do, it dosn't have any speakers. The jack is an audio output to pass the signal on to speakers or headphones when HDMI is used. It is not and input, you won't get sound coming out of your monitor no matter what you do.
jjjhsmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jjjhsmith
Member since 2003 • 799 Posts
[QUOTE="BLaZiNg_SPEED"]As for the sound. Do I need to buy a HDMI cable? Will a normal HDMI do me good? So do you reckon I'll receive sound if I actually connect my monitor with my graphics card using a HDMI cable and then connect the green audio jack with my computer? markop2003
You won't receive sound through it no matter what you do, it dosn't have any speakers. The jack is an audio output to pass the signal on to speakers or headphones when HDMI is used. It is not and input, you won't get sound coming out of your monitor no matter what you do.

If he has the T240HD he will get sound. It's basically a 24 inch HDTV (comes with ATSC/QAM tuner and remote) with 1920x1200 resolution instead of 1080P. I have the same monitor, and used the speakers in the monitor until I got my Z-5500s hooked up. The speakers aren't much (Dolby Digital Sound (3W x 2Ch)) but they do in a pinch. Now if he got the T240 and called it HD because of the resolution, then you are right, there wont be sound coming out because that model doesn't have speakers built in.
Poundpup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Poundpup
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
thanks very much i bought 2 of them, when i bought my alienware aurora im not getting any sound either... i also installed a soundblaster card i tried to put an hdmi cable from my computer to my moniter with no results
Poundpup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Poundpup
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
HELLO HELLO it has speakers in the back bottom its a snycmater T 240 HD
Poundpup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points