are toshiba satelitte laptops good for gaming?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pitbulllova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Pitbulllova
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts

im thinking of getting a 3gb ram or 4 gbram toshiba satelite laptop, are they good with running games like halo1, halo2, san andreas, battlefield, and with new games like gears of war, and gta 4

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I don't think so, but I don't know much about the Satallite line. Post the specs of the laptops you're looking at.

Pitbulllova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pitbulllova
what laptops would you guys suggest to me? i am fifteen, i am thinking of getting a toshiba, or an laptop, maybe even a compaq, which should i get? thank yoU!
Pitbulllova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pitbulllova
Web Code: 10122647 Mfr. Part Number: PSLB8C-AA501X Base Features Approximate Battery Life 3 Hours Hard Drive Speed/Capacity 320 GB 5400 RPM LED Backlit Display No Optical Drive Super Multi Dual Layer DVD Processor Speed 2 GHz Processor Type Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 RAM 4 GB Screen Size 15.4" Graphics Discrete Video Memory No Expandable Video Memory Yes - Up to 1759 MB Graphics Chipset Intel GMA 4500M Integrated Video Memory Yes Native Screen Resolution 1280 x 800 Upgradable Video System No Video Memory 1759MB Audio Audio Chipset Realtek ALC268-GR Audio Output Stereo Digital Input No Digital Output No Hardware Volume Control Yes Integrated Amplifier No Integrated Microphone Yes Microphone Input Yes Speaker Wattage Not Applicable Speakers Yes Inputs/Outputs Card Reader Yes Card Reader - Compatible Memory Types SD/SDHC, MMC, MS, MS Pro, xD Composite Output No ExpressCard/34 Input Yes ExpressCard/54 Input Yes HDCP Compliant No HDMI Port No IEEE 1394 Input/Output No IR Receiver No Number of Touchpad Buttons 2 PC Card Input Express Card S-Video Output No Type of Keyboard Bilingual Type of Modem V.92 56K Type of Pointing Device Touchpad USB 2.0 3 VGA Output 1 Webcam YES Networking Ethernet Port 10/100 Integrated Bluetooth No Integrated WiFi 802.11 b/g/n Power Battery - Capacity 4000 mAh Battery - Number of Cells 6 Cells Battery Type Lithium-Ion Computing Features Processor Cache 1MB L2 System Bus 800 MHz Software Loaded Software 1 Toshiba Face Recognition Loaded Software 2 Toshiba ConfigFree Loaded Software 3 Toshiba Disc Creator Loaded Software 4 Operating System Language Bilingual Pre-loaded Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Don't bother gaming on a laptop.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

what laptops would you guys suggest to me? i am fifteen, i am thinking of getting a toshiba, or an laptop, maybe even a compaq, which should i get? thank yoU!Pitbulllova

Asus and Gateway both have good gaming laptop lines. Be prepared to spend at least $800-900 for a good one though. My P7811FX cost me $1,250 and that laptop was considered a steal a year ago for that price. What you want to pay closest attention to is the GPU and CPU. RAM is pretty standard among all manufacturers and can be easily upgraded in most laptops. GPUs are often where a manufacturer will try to skim costs/rip off an unsuspecting consumer.

May I was ask why you're looking at a gaming laptop though? For most people they're not ideal gaming solutions since laptop hardware is much more expensive and can't be upgraded. The only reason I bought a gaming laptop was because a desktop was out of the question for my living arrangement last year at college. If you're 15 though I don't imagine you're living in a cramped dorm, travel a lot, or have any other reason to have to constantly move your computer. I think a desktop would be a much better investment for you.

edit: just saw your other post. That laptop is not for gaming. The GPU is crap.

AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 AFraud
Member since 2004 • 1500 Posts

The laptop you posted has intel integrated video, so it will be worthless for gaming.

WDT-BlackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WDT-BlackKat
Member since 2008 • 1779 Posts
There's

Wasdie
That is silly. Sometimes one needs a mobile gaming solution for when one is not at home. You can't use your desktop on a train trip or easily haul it up to the lake house or to the hotel you're staying in for your business trip. You can get good Asus or Toshiba laptops with a moderate to good gaming GPU (GT 130M - GTX 260M) for as cheap as $900 -1300. Having one of those in tandem with a similarly priced,♠ self-built desktop and you've got a portable and non-portable gaming set up to cover being at home or on the road.
AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 AFraud
Member since 2004 • 1500 Posts

There's [QUOTE="Wasdie"]

WDT-BlackKat

That is silly. Sometimes one needs a mobile gaming solution for when one is not at home. You can't use your desktop on a train trip or easily haul it up to the lake house or to the hotel you're staying in for your business trip. You can get good Asus or Toshiba laptops with a moderate to good gaming GPU (GT 130M - GTX 260M) for as cheap as $900 -1300. Having one of those in tandem with a similarly priced,♠ self-built desktop and you've got a portable and non-portable gaming set up to cover being at home or on the road.

I agree. There are instances, for example when living in a dorm room, where it's just not practical to have a desktop.

The OP should take a look at this laptop:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834117938

Sony Vaios usually have pretty good build quality and it has a good GPU.