Wow, BF4 Naval Strike for PC delayed indefinitely

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

Looks like my next online FPS will be on my PS4 not my PC.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

delays are across the platforms... and PC is worth being patient for. I can wait until they get it done right!

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Good, tired of them releasing buggy trash

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

You know, I was kind of hoping for this. Because I know that this whole release two weeks early for premium is really just a means of beta testing.

Maybe those things will be fixed now that they've been forced to delay.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

wouldn't be surprised if BF5 came out and they were still delaying/releasing DLC's for BF4 lol

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

They said they delayed it because it produced some performance issues. I don't quite understand how they only find that out within hours of release, but that's what they said.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Means I still have zero reason to re download it then.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Where did you get the "indefinitely" part from? They specifically said on battlelog "early April".

Also, why are people complaining? They delayed it to fix some bugs, isn't that what everyone wanted from Dice? to not rush things?

@nutcrackr said:

They said they delayed it because it produced some performance issues. I don't quite understand how they only find that out within hours of release, but that's what they said.

Sometimes you can find a bug in the last minute, it happens. Personally, I'm glad they decided to delay instead of patching it later.

@airshocker said:

You know, I was kind of hoping for this. Because I know that this whole release two weeks early for premium is really just a means of beta testing.

Premium is still getting it 2 weeks early though, even after the delay.

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 quikdash6
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

According to Gamespot, it's just the Xbox One and PC versions that are delayed. All other platforms should get access on time.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#10 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

@harry_james_pot said:
Sometimes you can find a bug in the last minute, it happens. Personally, I'm glad they decided to delay instead of patching it later.

I appreciate your positivity, but you seem to think the new DLC will be bug free. That is almost like saying Valve will release a game early. BF4 has been in a constant state of patching since its release and it's partly because they break something new with each patch.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@harry_james_pot said:

Where did you get the "indefinitely" part from? They specifically said on battlelog "early April".

Also, why are people complaining? They delayed it to fix some bugs, isn't that what everyone wanted from Dice? to not rush things?

@nutcrackr said:

@airshocker said:

Premium is still getting it 2 weeks early though, even after the delay.

That makes no sense. You can't get something two weeks early when there's no definite time table for when you'll get it. Also, since other people will have already played it beforehand I'm not seeing where the value of my premium membership comes into play.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

It would be more bug free if they stopped adding gimmicky silly stuff that just doesn't work and doesn't add to the game experience at all.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@nutcrackr said:

I appreciate your positivity, but you seem to think the new DLC will be bug free. That is almost like saying Valve will release a game early. BF4 has been in a constant state of patching since its release and it's partly because they break something new with each patch.

Oh I definitely don't think it will be bug free, I was just saying that at least they're trying to be better.

@airshocker said:

That makes no sense. You can't get something two weeks early when there's no definite time table for when you'll get it. Also, since other people will have already played it beforehand I'm not seeing where the value of my premium membership comes into play.

What do you mean? When it's ready to release, only premium will get it. And everyone else will get it 2 weeks later.