wireless adapter suggestion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dellcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dellcar
Member since 2003 • 105 Posts

Hi everyone,

I've been using a Netgear WA111, or something like that (first version of the wireless usb key thingy) as my wireless adapter for about two years now. It works fine for about 3-4 months and then out of the blue; it craps out for no reason and I have to get my friends to fix it for me. When it crapped out this time, it seemed to have just "temporallily" crapped out. It'll stay connected to my network for 5 mins and just lose the connection; I can reconnect  afterwards, but only for 5 mins. I'm really sick of this Netgear thing altogether and am looking for a new adapter. So can anyone reccomend me a PCI wireless adapter thats not a Netgear?

j3ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 j3ninja
Member since 2004 • 154 Posts

Hi everyone,

I've been using a Netgear WA111, or something like that (first version of the wireless usb key thingy) as my wireless adapter for about two years now. It works fine for about 3-4 months and then out of the blue; it craps out for no reason and I have to get my friends to fix it for me. When it crapped out this time, it seemed to have just "temporallily" crapped out. It'll stay connected to my network for 5 mins and just lose the connection; I can reconnect afterwards, but only for 5 mins. I'm really sick of this Netgear thing altogether and am looking for a new adapter. So can anyone reccomend me a PCI wireless adapter thats not a Netgear?

dellcar
Most wireless adapters have a lifespan of about 1 year. So the fact that it lasted 2 years is good. D-link and linksys make good adapters but i cant tell any difference between the two. If you are serious into online gaming, you should consider spending some money on wiring your house so you can have a wired connection. Never have to worry about it cutting off. Just a suggestion.
aft_lizard01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 aft_lizard01
Member since 2005 • 2132 Posts
[QUOTE="dellcar"]

Hi everyone,

I've been using a Netgear WA111, or something like that (first version of the wireless usb key thingy) as my wireless adapter for about two years now. It works fine for about 3-4 months and then out of the blue; it craps out for no reason and I have to get my friends to fix it for me. When it crapped out this time, it seemed to have just "temporallily" crapped out. It'll stay connected to my network for 5 mins and just lose the connection; I can reconnect afterwards, but only for 5 mins. I'm really sick of this Netgear thing altogether and am looking for a new adapter. So can anyone reccomend me a PCI wireless adapter thats not a Netgear?

j3ninja
Most wireless adapters have a lifespan of about 1 year. So the fact that it lasted 2 years is good. D-link and linksys make good adapters but i cant tell any difference between the two. If you are serious into online gaming, you should consider spending some money on wiring your house so you can have a wired connection. Never have to worry about it cutting off. Just a suggestion.

Geez where did you hear that? Mine have last over 3 years and still going strong. Just have to make sure the router is well ventilated.