Why you should halt all support for WarZ and its company

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Reposting the article from a reddit comment, because the Ex-Developer's thread was deleted by the company:

R3rX7.png

proofofban.png

warzpaymentproof.png

I knew something was really fishy about this game from the moment it was announced. Do not buy this game at all.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Told some friends not to buy it (yet they did), since everything about it screams cash grab, the game is absolutely terrible, shouldn't even be called an alpha and they plan to release it in Jan or Feb...they wanted to make some profits off the popularity of Walking Dead and DayZ, made some random stuff that barely works, made lots of promises and now they can't push it faster for release, nobody that wants to make a lasting game does that.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Game is horrible, really really bad. I said this ages ago, it feels like War Inc with zombies and a few ideas from dayz. Only good aspect that adds to this genre is the pickingup/inventory, everything else is garbage.
Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts
I was thinking about buying this game, but after reading your post I won't.
Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts
I was thinking about buying this game, but after reading your post I won't. SimplyFatal
I'll also inform my friends.
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

the game was never good. anyone who defends it is a clown.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
[QUOTE="SimplyFatal"]I was thinking about buying this game, but after reading your post I won't. SimplyFatal
I'll also inform my friends.

Same here, though most of my friends are already quite addicted to DayZ :P
Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#8 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
Everything about this already reeked of cash-grab from DayZ. Was never going to approach it in the first place.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I feel sorry for the people who bought the game but I honestly saw it coming a mile away. It was pretty obvious what they were doing and they got what they had coming to them.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#11 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Yea I felt something was off about the game, I'm happy their BS has been exposed. Funny thing is the game isn't even worth playing. Its a terrible substitute for Dayz.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
Member since 2005 • 1890 Posts
I knew that it was a copy-paste, but I did not know about their foul malpractices. Won't be playing WarZ.
avneet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 avneet1
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts

I had Capital One chargeback my payment a few days ago. Everything they do in terms of a business is bad. What I hate the most is how the censor EVERYTHING even remotely negative.

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
I would've just said not to buy it cuz it looked so s***ty and inferior to DayZ.
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
I told everyone already that WarZ is 95% ported content from WarInc. The devs are simply liars that the game has been in development long before DayZ. Its an obvious cash grab.
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Not a single one of his complaints was about the quality of the actual game. I'm going to wait for a demo, like i do with most games, and wait to see what its like when it is finished. The gameplay videos i've seen all look pretty good so far.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

No shlt they will abandon the game if the earnings only cover the running costs. What is this, charity?

Also what dev doesn't recycle previous work?

And you actually believe the rest of the post? All that conspiracy bs?

As for his ban, based on the rest, I'm inclined to think he was banned for being a disruptive douche and they don't have that reason in pop-ins.

If you pay attention to this rant, I'd say it's confirmation bias at work.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#18 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

The entire game always seemed like a cash in, this just confirms it

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

Just saw on reddit as well. Im SOOOOOO glad i did not get this game.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Looks like a rage rant, a pretty ***** one at that. You know how many I've seen these over at the DayZ forums?. The guy just reminds of a douche rage ranter, was he seriously complaining about getting no payment as a forum moderator?, ok....pretty sure 99.9% of forum moderators don't get paid, it's a volunteer job.

As for the whole entire PTW thing, Planetside 2 has a similar scheme, LoL has a similar scheme as well although it's not a PTW but if you ever want a champion most likely you're gonna be spending real $$. I'm in full support of DayZ and WarZ since I'm liking this new survival horror aspect they bring, hell if they ever make a Walking Dead game like DayZ/WarZ I would be in full nirvana.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Not saying the guy didn't get screwed, but he doesn't really have any proof outside of being banned for a weird reason (which happens often). I was originally excited about WarZ as I have played DayZ, but its too rough around the edges for me to enjoy, but looking at gameplay videos of WarZ, it just seemed like a cheap rip-off. So I didn't want to support a bad game, not necessarily because they're bad people (waiting for proof).

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
I prefer DayZ. I will be sticking with that and supporting the stand alone release.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I won't be buying this crapware, I played the beta and what a trainwreck it is. It felt so lifeless and boring to me.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#24 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
one angry ex mod doesn't exactly convince me either way. game doesn't look that good anyway.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Looks like a rage rant, a pretty ***** one at that. You know how many I've seen these over at the DayZ forums?. The guy just reminds of a douche rage ranter, was he seriously complaining about getting no payment as a forum moderator?, ok....pretty sure 99.9% of forum moderators don't get paid, it's a volunteer job.

Ballroompirate

Uhh..do you have reading comprehension problems by chance? He wasn't complaining about getting no payment as a forum moderator. He was complaining because they deactivated his game account (that he paid for) because of a dispute on the forums after his moderator account got hacked.

People on this forums are really something else...always awfully eager to defend poor business practice for no apparent reason.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

KHAndAnime

Uhh..do you have reading comprehension problems by chance? He wasn't complaning about getting no payment as a forum moderator. He was complaining because they deactivated his game account (that he paid for) because of a dispute on the forums after his moderator account got hacked.

People on this forums are really something else...always awfully eager to defend poor business practice for no apparent reason.

"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." :lol:
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I heard from my friends this game was horrible so I never bothered. My first impression was that the game lacked a lot polish and looked a a mess basically. Even in pre-alpha, alpha stage or whatever.. and they were already advertising the game for players to pay for their unfinished game. That to me, just sounded really wrong so I couldn't put up money for it. Being a huge zombie fan of games and movies, I still didn't take the plunge and I'm glad I didn't.

No matter how credible this source is or not, I don't think he has a reason to make up a story like this. And even though the message came across strong with f-bombs, I'm sure he was pissed when he typed it up. Most importantly, the game was never good. All the hackers was the deal-breaker. That's unacceptable.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ballroompirate

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

KHAndAnime

Uhh..do you have reading comprehension problems by chance? He wasn't complaining about getting no payment as a forum moderator. He was complaining because they deactivated his game account (that he paid for) because of a dispute on the forums after his moderator account got hacked.

I suggest you learn how to read before you comment

"I then made a post on the forums about how I knew this was coming; and I was sorry and would not long be supporting a company that did not support their unpaid volunteer Moderators that spent over 100+ hours answeringTHEIR CUSTOMERSquestions and concerns as well as relaying them the ideas the community had for their **** game."

It may not been his sole purpose on ranting, which was about his ban mostly, and to be honest you are an idiot if you think no employer would take disciplinary action on their paid or volunteer employees for acting in a rude matter the way he did (seriously talk back to your boss see how that goes), cause honestly I would love to see the forum topic he made cause I bet it was full of rage and curse words which would get you banned on ANY forum/game.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

That reddit post left a bad taste in my mouth.

WarZ's announcement during the peak of DayZ's success should have made this obvious. I've watched plenty of footage of the game and it's pretty much a sanbox zombie mod for War Inc.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

As for the whole entire PTW thing, Planetside 2 has a similar scheme, LoL has a similar scheme as well although it's not a PTW but if you ever want a champion most likely you're gonna be spending real $$. I'm in full support of DayZ and WarZ since I'm liking this new survival horror aspect they bring, hell if they ever make a Walking Dead game like DayZ/WarZ I would be in full nirvana.

Ballroompirate

the game was never good. anyone who defends it is a clown.

jakes456

lol....

dav2693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dav2693
Member since 2010 • 423 Posts

Not surprised...Plus, it's obviously a Day Z ripoff, they even used almost the same name, what a joke.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Ballroompirate

"I then made a post on the forums about how I knew this was coming; and I was sorry and would not long be supporting a company that did not support their unpaid volunteer Moderators that spent over 100+ hours answeringTHEIR CUSTOMERSquestions and concerns as well as relaying them the ideas the community had for their **** game."

It may not been his sole purpose on ranting, which was about his ban mostly, and to be honest you are an idiot if you think no employer would take disciplinary action on their paid or volunteer employees for acting in a rude matter the way he did (seriously talk back to your boss see how that goes), cause honestly I would love to see the forum topic he made cause I bet it was full of rage and curse words which would get you banned on ANY forum/game.

Soo... Where was he complaining about not being paid for his work?
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

Ballroompirate
Uhhh He never expected to be paid. Thats the point hes making. Hes doing free work for them to help their customers. As
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ballroompirate

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

C_Rule

The part where he said he wouldn't support a company thay doesn't support their unpaid Mods (holy **** I even underlined it). I really doubt he's speaking for their whole Moderators, unless there's a few other Moderators that have spoken the same as he has that I'm unaware of.

Holy crap I thought people couldn't more dense than that jake troll.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Ballroompirate

The part where he said he wouldn't support a company thay doesn't support their unpaid Mods (holy **** I even underlined it). I really doubt he's speaking for their whole Moderators, unless there's a few other Moderators that have spoken the same as he has that I'm unaware of.

You do not seem to fully understand what it is he's saying. He's pissed cause because after volunteering his time, he was just tossed out after this incident, he's not pissed because he was not paid for his work. It would be pretty silly for him to be upset about not being paid, when he would have known this all along.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Ballroompirate

Are you being a troll or what, how can you lack such comprehension?

He is (was) an apparently dedicated forum moderator, that helped promote their game and solved lots of problems and answered lots of questions, that had a problem, he is mad how he was treated after all he did for this company, or for your blockhead understanding, he is mad about how his situation was treated, that's what he's talking about when using the words "support their unpaid volunteer moderator".

If that is too hard for you to understand, I'll try again, he is disgusted by how he was treated when trying to solve his problem, after he did a lot of good for this company for free.

If you still don't understand...get help, seriously.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wis3boi

Another awesome dev team reply to someone who's PC had trouble with the game (right click for full size)

t6F9c.jpg

Peanut04_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Peanut04_basic
Member since 2002 • 724 Posts
That's too bad. I liked some of the concepts the developers had mentioned in interviews for this game, but they really seemed to miss the mark badly in their execution. This post kills what little interest I still had in the game.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Another awesome dev team reply to someone who's PC had trouble with the game (right click for full size)

t6F9c.jpg

wis3boi

lol global black list. Are that serious about they crap?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

are people still able to get refunds on this game?

Peanut04_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Peanut04_basic
Member since 2002 • 724 Posts
A global black list. Wow, what a bunch of morons, lol.
MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MW2ismygame
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

t6F9c.jpg

JangoWuzHere
lol global black list. Are that serious about that crap?

If this is real this should be the nail in the coffin. There is no reason to threaten the customer like this. If this post is real it should help see that this is no some random MOD bad mouthing a good company.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wis3boi

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

MW2ismygame

lol global black list. Are that serious about that crap?

If this is real this should be the nail in the coffin. There is no reason to threaten the customer like this. If this post is real it should help see that this is no some random MOD bad mouthing a good company.

It very much is real

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MW2ismygame

[QUOTE="MW2ismygame"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"] lol global black list. Are that serious about that crap?wis3boi

It very much is real

Well im glad i did not buy it :P
Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts
Sounds like bs to be honest. The guy broke some rules and showed how immature he was. The game is fun, it isn't as bad as people say it is.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wis3boi

Sounds like bs to be honest. The guy broke some rules and showed how immature he was. The game is fun, it isn't as bad as people say it is.Deadpool-n

l

o

l

avneet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 avneet1
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts
Sounds like bs to be honest. The guy broke some rules and showed how immature he was. The game is fun, it isn't as bad as people say it is.Deadpool-n
If that was true, this thread wouldn't be comprised of more people saying it is bad. How many threads on other games actually even discuss people getting refunds? This is the only game I've ever seen so many people asking for refunds daily. Me included because the game is nothing like they said it would be before they released it. You remember those awesome in game screen shots of survivors standing on cars with zombies attacking them?
Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts
It was released in alpha to get feedback and most people didn't read up on the game first and assumed it was complete. Not to mention the people that just get killed, get frustrated and saw other people asking for a refund they thought they would to. The game is fun and pretty good so far. They are improving it all the time and because of that it is so much better than it was in the first month. It is a steal for a third of the price of most other games. I'm really looking forward to the future content and the full release. The Day Z standalone will also be amazing, which I'll probably prefer anyways.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Yup, I'll stick to waiting for the DayZ standalone.

synxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 synxz
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts
The name of the game already threw a bowl of suspicion in my face...DayZ was all the rage at one point..then, really War...Z? They could have come clean that it was a 'mod' from War Inc. DayZ was a mod, who cares? There's plenty of excellent mod. There's nothing suprising of abonding the game if revenues are bad, but some stuff like banning players who have many play hours are serious allegation, some proof would be a solid nail in the coffin.