Why aren't there any good vampire games??

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Romeo00z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Romeo00z
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
The only vampire game that is worth playing is vampire bloodlines and to be honest it isn't that good. Combat is not good, pretty unbalanced and there isn't alot to do in the world. Does anybody know of a good vampire game other then bloodlines??
Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
because twilight made Vampires uncool :(
Bjorkfund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bjorkfund
Member since 2010 • 127 Posts

Vampires suck..

Yeah no, they really do.

Romeo00z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Romeo00z
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Vampires are badass, those sparkly, gay vampires in twilight are nothing compared to "real" vampires. God I hate that movie, if you can even call it that. The vampires in "The vampire diaries" are cool, they have amazing powers and a game with vampires with powers like that would be really cool. I guess you can't get everything you wish for.. :(
mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

because twilight made Vampires uncool :(Farkeman

Awesome answer! ....and definetely true :D

Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
true , but twilight changed everything and it will take years for people to forget that ...
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

thee has NEVER been a good vampire based game really and im thankful their never will be.. okay so thats a bit of an exaggeration but there is nothing recent and twilight and angel both suck.. terribly

you want this lost.. okay..

the bloody rayne franchise

vampires: the masquerade

dracula: legacy

legacy of kain franchise

you can also argue primal is another due to her.. "lycantherope like" abilities.

oh and youg otta paly painkiller.. nothing quite like pankiller.. hehehe

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Well, there's Buffy the Vampire Slayer for Xbox which is technically a "vampire" game. I mean, you battle vampires and other creatures. Surprisingly enough the game is pretty awesome.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
The only vampire game that is worth playing is vampire bloodlines and to be honest it isn't that good. Combat is not good, pretty unbalanced and there isn't alot to do in the world. Does anybody know of a good vampire game other then bloodlines?? Romeo00z
Wrong... Vampire Redemption is the game to play....FREAKING AWESOME !!!!
Liam00148

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 Liam00148
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

The big game companies like EA and Ubisoft didn't bother to create any vampire games because people would anticipate a lovey dovey, cookie cutter crap game. But i know what you mean, they shoud've released ALOT more vampire games, but the public just couldn't stomach it after the Twilight series. :(

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

Castlevania i guess is a vampire game... but yeah thats PS3 =/ Pretty sweet game though.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.... one of the best rpgs ever made...?
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.... one of the best rpgs ever made...? SAGE_OF_FIRE

Why did it take this long for someone to post this?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.... one of the best rpgs ever made...? Whiteblade999

Why did it take this long for someone to post this?

Cause it's far from it. It's a pretty good RPG.....when you fix all the bugs and such, but not one of the best ever made. Even the first part was better than the sequel...
ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
The best rpg of all time is a vampire game.
snot_boogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 snot_boogie
Member since 2010 • 86 Posts

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is one of the greatest RPGs ever made...

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

snot_boogie
If a game is made with sooo many bugs that it is unplayable...then it isn't "greatly" or "greatest" made...
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

[QUOTE="snot_boogie"]

FelipeInside

If a game is made with sooo many bugs that it is unplayable...then it isn't "greatly" or "greatest" made...

Haven't patched it have you? If I recall Redemption had a lot of problems out of the box too.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="snot_boogie"]

Whiteblade999

Haven't patched it have you? If I recall Redemption had a lot of problems out of the box too.

That's what I meant. Yeah, every game comes out with bugs and a few patches fixes them....but Bloodlines was unplayable, and not only did it need patches but also community fixes to make it playable (and hell, still people have issues). I played Redemption without patches and never had an issue (just a few crashes here and there).... If a game has great story, great gameplay etc but it is so poorly coded that you can't actually play it....then it doesn't make it one of the greatest games ever made (no matter the genre)....
JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

[QUOTE="snot_boogie"]

FelipeInside

+1

The Unoffical Patch fixes the majority of the bugs; I've logged 356 hours of play without a single CTD or game-breaking bug.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="snot_boogie"]

JackBurton

+1

The Unoffical Patch fixes the majority of the bugs; I've logged 356 hours of play without a single CTD or game-breaking bug.

Again.... MY point: (don't people read prior comments?) It needed a UNOFFICIAL Patch to fix it.... the game was MADE UNPLAYABLE by the developers..... so it's NOT a "greatest" made game....
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I can't wait for the upcoming Vampire MMORPG.

http://www.geekosystem.com/vampire-the-masquerade-mmorpg/

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

I liked Bloodlines, but best RPG ever made? Oh, the imagination of some fans...

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#24 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

MY point: It needed a UNOFFICIAL Patch to fix it.... the game was MADE UNPLAYABLE by the developers..... so it's NOT a "greatest" made game....

FelipeInside

semantics. c'mon, you know what snot_boogie meant when he said "one of the greatest rpgs ever made" (read: of all time).

You've got it backwards: the publisher, Activision, knowingly forced the developers, Troika, to release an unfinished, buggy mess of a game.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Make sure you download the unofficial patches and there is a variety of great mods for it. The first Vampire the Masquerade is pretty good too, as are other recommendations listed by others.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
[QUOTE="JackBurton"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] If a game is made with sooo many bugs that it is unplayable...then it isn't "greatly" or "greatest" made...FelipeInside

+1

Again.... MY point: (don't people read prior comments?) It needed a UNOFFICIAL Patch to fix it.... the game was MADE UNPLAYABLE by the developers..... so it's NOT a "greatest" made game....

IIRC the game was forced out the door early, and the developers weren't allowed to make more than a few early patches for it before they were disallowed from doing so by the publisher. :\ I might be thinking of TOEE, though.
al0rion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 al0rion
Member since 2010 • 126 Posts
One word; Twilight.
Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

I never had to find any unofficial patches or anything for my copy of Bloodlines, and I can only recall crashing once... Maybe twice. Weird.

icyseanfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 icyseanfitz
Member since 2006 • 2493 Posts

this thread me think of twilight which in turn made me just a little bit sick :cry: id love to know how one of mythologies most feared beings became oohhhh he sparkles how adorable :roll:

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#30 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Vampires suck..

Yeah no, they really do.

Bjorkfund

You're confusing me.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

MY point: It needed a UNOFFICIAL Patch to fix it.... the game was MADE UNPLAYABLE by the developers..... so it's NOT a "greatest" made game....

JackBurton

semantics. c'mon, you know what snot_boogie meant when he said "one of the greatest rpgs ever made" (read: of all time).

You've got it backwards: the publisher, Activision, knowingly forced the developers, Troika, to release an unfinished, buggy mess of a game.

That's sad then, that they made the devs bring the game out unfinished.....cause it could of been a great Vampire game (like Redemption was). Still....I played a quarter of it when a few patches were out and the game was pretty much stable. The characters were cool and all....but I wouldn't put it in my top 5 RPGs of all time list..... and yes, I am a HUGE Vampire Masquerade fan....
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="JackBurton"]

If a game is made with sooo many bugs that it is unplayable...then it isn't "greatly" or "greatest" made...FelipeInside

+1

It was unofficially patched because the developer went under... and for the record it was NOT unplayable... maybe your computer was crap but unplayable games don't average 80% from critics.
al0rion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 al0rion
Member since 2010 • 126 Posts
Also, I don't think theres a wide enough range of Twilight fangirls that are also gamers and, for that matter, PC gamers.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside

Read my earlier post....I said it was a shame that the devs had to bring it up in a hurry.

I play all games normally without any crashes, my computer isn't a beast but isn't crap.... but Bloodlines had framerate issues, quest issues and also crashes and bugs.

80% of the critics was cause Bloodlines sort of became a cult classic .... Hopefully the new MMO will be great...

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="JackBurton"]

+1

gamer620

It was unofficially patched because the developer went under... and for the record it was NOT unplayable... maybe your computer was crap but unplayable games don't average 80% from critics.

I remember that it was a bit of a scandal concerning the reviews, because you couldn't complete the game without using a console command. And the patch to fix this came out 2 weeks after release. Which meant most of the reviewers didn't even do a whole playthrough.

If i remember correctly, you couldn't travel out of a cave by boat(the one with the prison cells). It just CTD.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Again.... MY point: (don't people read prior comments?) It needed a UNOFFICIAL Patch to fix it.... the game was MADE UNPLAYABLE by the developers..... so it's NOT a "greatest" made game....kaealy

I remember that it was a bit of a scandal concerning the reviews, because you couldn't complete the game without using a console command. And the patch to fix this came out 2 weeks after release. Which meant most of the reviewers didn't even do a whole playthrough.

If i remember correctly, you couldn't travel out of a cave by boat(the one with the prison cells). It just CTD.

Yes, that was right after Bach. The game was literally broken at that point.

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

Morrowind :)

DeadlyWormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DeadlyWormy
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts

The OP already said Bloodlines.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="kaealy"]

[QUOTE="gamer620"] It was unofficially patched because the developer went under... and for the record it was NOT unplayable... maybe your computer was crap but unplayable games don't average 80% from critics.SkyWard20

Yes, that was right after Bach. The game was literally broken at that point.

That's what I mean....

I know it's not the devs fault, but a game which comes out (released) and you can't even finish it cause of crashes/bugs can't be a GREAT made game....

They should give that company another chance...

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

The last good vampire game I played was Vampire Night on PS2 with the lightgun. Come to think of it I'd love to play a vampire RPG..

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] If a game is made with sooo many bugs that it is unplayable...then it isn't "greatly" or "greatest" made...FelipeInside

That's what I meant. Yeah, every game comes out with bugs and a few patches fixes them....but Bloodlines was unplayable, and not only did it need patches but also community fixes to make it playable (and hell, still people have issues). I played Redemption without patches and never had an issue (just a few crashes here and there).... If a game has great story, great gameplay etc but it is so poorly coded that you can't actually play it....then it doesn't make it one of the greatest games ever made (no matter the genre)....

Sure it is.. If you patch it with community patch it most certainly is.. This is pointless to argue that "clear it isn't because you need to patch it!".. Who cares this is about the experience it presents not how it was years ago.. if you base it off that, then your missing out on many games..

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

sSubZerOo

Sure it is.. If you patch it with community patch it most certainly is.. This is pointless to argue that "clear it isn't because you need to patch it!".. Who cares this is about the experience it presents not how it was years ago.. if you base it off that, then your missing out on many games..

It's not even a good game if you compare it with it's source material. If the games story would be an session in the pen and paper game, most would laugh or just throw the GM out on the sidewalk. The first game is a lot better in both gameplay, story and being faithful to it's source material.

pzoranni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pzoranni
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts

my fingers are crossed for world of darkness being successful

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] That's what I meant. Yeah, every game comes out with bugs and a few patches fixes them....but Bloodlines was unplayable, and not only did it need patches but also community fixes to make it playable (and hell, still people have issues). I played Redemption without patches and never had an issue (just a few crashes here and there).... If a game has great story, great gameplay etc but it is so poorly coded that you can't actually play it....then it doesn't make it one of the greatest games ever made (no matter the genre)....kaealy

It's not even a good game if you compare it with it's source material. If the games story would be an session in the pen and paper game, most would laugh or just throw the GM out on the sidewalk. The first game is a lot better in both gameplay, story and being faithful to it's source material.

Someone that agrees with me... I personally loved the first one (Redemption), the pacing, combat, story etc.... Bloodlines was just too meh for me..... apart from all the bugs...
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] That's what I meant. Yeah, every game comes out with bugs and a few patches fixes them....but Bloodlines was unplayable, and not only did it need patches but also community fixes to make it playable (and hell, still people have issues). I played Redemption without patches and never had an issue (just a few crashes here and there).... If a game has great story, great gameplay etc but it is so poorly coded that you can't actually play it....then it doesn't make it one of the greatest games ever made (no matter the genre)....kaealy

Source material? No game is ever going to come close to what a pen and paper experience is like, until you realize this your going to be disapointed no matter what.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

Comparing Redemption to Bloodlines? Really? Only on Gamespot. :roll:

Seriously, if you made that comparison on any other forum (especially a RPG forum) you would be laughed out of the thread. And, for the record, I thought Redemption was an okay game for what it was but, better than Bloodlines? C'mon...

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FelipeInside

Comparing Redemption to Bloodlines? Really? Only on Gamespot. :roll:

Seriously, if you made that comparison on any other forum (especially a RPG forum) you would be laughed out of the thread. And, for the record, I thought Redemption was an okay game for what it was but, better than Bloodlines? C'mon...

-wildflower-
That's your opinion.... I enjoyed Redemption much more than Bloodlines, so did lots of people... I thought Redemption was more of an RPG than Bloodlines anyway....
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
Twilight, and in general the whole chick lit supernatural romance crap has turned vampires, werewolves, faeries, etc. into pale imitations of their former selves. Heck, women's genre fiction has ruined "Romance" as a viable category of novel. You can't even SEARCH for a romance novel and expect anything remotely worth reading.. You have to look for some other genre that happens to have romance in it.
theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts
I liked the Blood Omen games T_T
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Twilight, and in general the whole chick lit supernatural romance crap has turned vampires, werewolves, faeries, etc. into pale imitations of their former selves. Heck, women's genre fiction has ruined "Romance" as a viable category of novel. You can't even SEARCH for a romance novel and expect anything remotely worth reading.. You have to look for some other genre that happens to have romance in it.jedinat

amen mrs victoria.. amen

personnaly the last game i played with good lycantheropes is by far primal on the ps2.. nothing yet has been quite as epic in its genre which basically consists of ;ara croft and her whats his face immitator on the ps3.

and for vampirism in general i gotta tip my hat to morrowind big time.. morrowind let you mess around with real vampirism in ways NO GAME has ever done.

here is a fine sample of what primal is capable of..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJRAUC7-QUE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8dRPT8dUeE&feature=related