Where can I get Microsoft word for windows 8?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

Hey, I heard that that Windows 8 does not come with Word, which I will need for college. Where can I get Microsoft Word or a program that comes with Word for a cheap price? Thanks in advance.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@crazyguy111: https://www.dreamspark.com/

Try that first or ask your college directly, they will either have it free for students or a discounted price.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Open Office

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@GTR12 said:

@crazyguy111: https://www.dreamspark.com/

Try that first or ask your college directly, they will either have it free for students or a discounted price.

This and look up Libre Office or OpenOffice if you want it free and don't mind a "higher" learning curve (as in it's not MS themed). I use Libre, when I'm not using Office 2010.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I'm not sure where you go to college. But, every college I went to allows at least one free license of MS Office Enterprise and one of either Windows 7 or Windows 8, among other software.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I'm not sure where you go to college. But, every college I went to allows at least one free license of MS Office Enterprise and one of either Windows 7 or Windows 8, among other software.

Same here or I would imagine it would be heavily discounted.

fatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 fatee
Member since 2004 • 371 Posts

I highly recommend OpenOffice if it's for college. Some other word programmes will skewer the positioning of your hard work when opened with an actual MS word app. Openoffice tends not to do this and interchanges nicely.

It's also free.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@fatee said:

I highly recommend OpenOffice if it's for college. Some other word programmes will skewer the positioning of your hard work when opened with an actual MS word app. Openoffice tends not to do this and interchanges nicely.

It's also free.

I used to have Open Office. But, it tended to have formatting problems with .docx and .pptx file formats from MS Office 2007 onwards. The extra work needed to correct them made me decide to stick with the MS apps since those are what the university uses.

In the colleges and universities I attended, I was entitled to one free license of MS Office Enterprise along with one free license of either Windows 7 or Windows 8.