This topic is locked from further discussion.

panel101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 panel101
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

so i recently got myself a new custom made pc for gaming from newegg and ebay, my brother has a ps4 but i don't like consoles so i went with the pc.

I looked around on google latest releases and dragon age looked interested. The last RPG i played was skyrim and it sure was a great game.

So I made an origin account and purchased the game.Once i downloaded it , well i was really disappointed although my pc ran it perfectly, it seemed so different from skyrim since the first rpg i played was skyrim and hoping the game to be similar.

I contacted the origin support and they told me that game can't be refunded or anything else, i asked my friends if they want to buy my account or some bucks but dang they got no pc.

so what should i do? i wnt my 59.99$ back , should i sell it somewhere online?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#2 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

No game discussion in OT. Moved to PC section.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Call Origin support again and get a different person. The person you talked to was lying. They have a money back guarantee that you will like your game or your money back. It's even advertised on the Origin store page.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Do some research before buying things..?

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Do some research before buying things.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

I think they only give you the money back within 24 hours of installing the game. You can sell your account (name and password) but I don't think anyone would buy it for $60.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@kraken2109 said:

Do some research before buying things..?

this, you cant sell/return pc games

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Well, you could try making lemonade from these lemons. DA:I actually has a lot of strengths. It takes a while for it to step up to the plate, but once you get going it's hard to put down. My recommendation would be to play it for a while, trying as hard as you can to stick to the main story line and your companion's quests (i.e. only do the meaningless side fetch quests when they are on your way and/or you're in the mood). The game happens in "acts", and when the first act ends suddenly you might go "whoah, this thing just got interesting!". Or you might not - but you're out of luck on a refund, so it might be worth giving it a chance (again, don't just run back and forth around the hinterlands doing fetch quests for 12 hours - the game is hard to love when you take that approach and ignore the main quests)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@panel101 said:

so i recently got myself a new custom made pc for gaming from newegg and ebay, my brother has a ps4 but i don't like consoles so i went with the pc.

I looked around on google latest releases and dragon age looked interested. The last RPG i played was skyrim and it sure was a great game.

So I made an origin account and purchased the game.Once i downloaded it , well i was really disappointed although my pc ran it perfectly, it seemed so different from skyrim since the first rpg i played was skyrim and hoping the game to be similar.

I contacted the origin support and they told me that game can't be refunded or anything else, i asked my friends if they want to buy my account or some bucks but dang they got no pc.

so what should i do? i wnt my 59.99$ back , should i sell it somewhere online?

If you bought it through Origin they have a refund policy so you could check to see if you're eligible.

Saying that, DAI is different from Skyrim but it isn't a bad RPG by any means. In some cases it does a few things even better than Skyrim.

bluesunmerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 bluesunmerc
Member since 2014 • 281 Posts

@The_Stand_In: I have found with origin if at first you do not succeed try try again. Had an issue with buying a game bought an origin money card and didn't think about taxes so I was 1.98 off of buying the game contacted origin the first time guy told me to use pay pal. I informed him this wouldn't work with origin cash and he told me to have a nice day. Contacted the next guy gave me a 15% discount. The only reason I contacted them was because it wasn't accepting my payment for the 2$ pretty much.

undeadgoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 undeadgoon
Member since 2006 • 706 Posts

haha dumb ass

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

You didn't even bother watching some gameplay before buying it?

Looks like, you screwed yourself on this one.