Valve is just fucking everything up.

• 48 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

So there's a new patch for CSGO today, which introduced a new gun, and bunch of balance tweaks/nerfs and buffs, and yada yada yada. I'm not even going to comment on the gameplay changes, because I haven't been able to experience them. Apparently, CSGO is also much harder to run now, all of a sudden. I'm no longer getting a constant 60+ fps, in the same situations where I was getting 70-80+ yesterday. Obviously, being under 60 fps, even a tiny bit, is a disadvantage, so I literally can't play now. I tried to go to the steam forums to mention it, but steam itself is also being brutally slow, and won't let anything at all on the "community" tab. I tried to go there through my web-browser, but I can't sign in, because it thinks I'm using the wrong password, even though I know I'm not, and just proved it by signing out and back into the client itself.

Anyone else having issues with steam today? Anyone playing CSGO? How are your framerates? If they're playable, how are you liking the changes?

Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

I was playing CSGO a little over an hour ago and it was fine. The aug and 553 got nerfed which was needed.

and the community tab didn't work for me earlier, but it's fine now.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_bi99man

@geminontraveler said:

i promise you are not so pro that the difference between 55 and 60FPS hurts your gameplay.... whatever you may think.

You don't have to be anywhere near pro to feel the difference between 60 and 55 fps. I can absolutely tell. Less than 60 starts to feel sluggish by about 57 for me, and the few minutes I played earlier were instant proof that it hurts my gameplay. Plus, with my average framerate tanked now, where I used to get very occasional dips into the 50s, I now get dips into the 40s, which might as well be a lag spike (which also happens more often now, actually).

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_bi99man

@Branmuffin316 said:

I was playing CSGO a little over an hour ago and it was fine. The aug and 553 got nerfed which was needed.

and the community tab didn't work for me earlier, but it's fine now.

Yeah, the AUG did need it. Last week's patch made the AUG so crazy OP it was laughable. The servers I mostly play on actually added an !aug command, for the terrorists to get AUGs, since it was so unbalanced for just the CTs to have them. When I was trying to play earlier, tons of people were complaining about the deagle. I don't use it, so I don't know. Do you? How's it feel?

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

i promise you are not so pro that the difference between 55 and 60FPS hurts your gameplay.... whatever you may think.

You don't have to be anywhere near pro to feel the difference between 60 and 55 fps. I can absolutely tell. Less than 60 starts to feel sluggish by about 57 for me, and the few minutes I played earlier were instant proof that it hurts my gameplay. Plus, with my average framerate tanked now, where I used to get very occasional dips into the 50s, I now get dips into the 40s, which might as well be a lag spike (which also happens more often now, actually).

This. Getting below 60 fps is something you can feel. Getting inconsistent fps is even worse. I'm sure you tried updating your drivers of course, if you have ati try turning off frame pacing and/or surface format optimization.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Sounds like good old Steam. I'm on right now, it's working fine for me.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_bi99man

@edinsftw said:

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

This. Getting below 60 fps is something you can feel. Getting inconsistent fps is even worse. I'm sure you tried updating your drivers of course, if you have ati try turning off frame pacing and/or surface format optimization.

I haven't actually done anything with my drivers, as the last several times I tried to get the most recent ones they didn't work. Even after contacting AMD's customer support, and getting a driver download personally emailed to me by someone from there, who was "positive" that they were the right ones for my card, I installed them and the catalyst control panel stopped working, along with several games, until I reverted back to the old ones. Since then, I decided not to try new drivers unless I absolutely had to. I guess this might be that time. I'll look into the frame pacing and surface format thing first though.

Gallowhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 9

#10 Gallowhand
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

I came in here expecting a rant about how Valve messed up Greenlight, has poor customer service, a dodgy refund policy, is focusing too much on selling unfinished/broken games lately, has no coherent policy regarding the SteamBox, has failed to shift significant numbers of gamers over to Linux, and is now introducing a game tagging system that will be exploited and used for dick jokes...

Instead, you had an fps drop in a game. Now, I leave disappointed... :(

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

So there's a new patch for CSGO today, which introduced a new gun, and bunch of balance tweaks/nerfs and buffs, and yada yada yada. I'm not even going to comment on the gameplay changes, because I haven't been able to experience them. Apparently, CSGO is also much harder to run now, all of a sudden. I'm no longer getting a constant 60+ fps, in the same situations where I was getting 70-80+ yesterday. Obviously, being under 60 fps, even a tiny bit, is a disadvantage, so I literally can't play now. I tried to go to the steam forums to mention it, but steam itself is also being brutally slow, and won't let anything at all on the "community" tab. I tried to go there through my web-browser, but I can't sign in, because it thinks I'm using the wrong password, even though I know I'm not, and just proved it by signing out and back into the client itself.

Anyone else having issues with steam today? Anyone playing CSGO? How are your framerates? If they're playable, how are you liking the changes?

WHAT? you're complaining on 60 fps? I don't play it anymore but I was getting above 200fps before the patch?

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@edinsftw said:

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

I haven't actually done anything with my drivers, as the last several times I tried to get the most recent ones they didn't work. Even after contacting AMD's customer support, and getting a driver download personally emailed to me by someone from there, who was "positive" that they were the right ones for my card, I installed them and the catalyst control panel stopped working, along with several games, until I reverted back to the old ones. Since then, I decided not to try new drivers unless I absolutely had to. I guess this might be that time. I'll look into the frame pacing and surface format thing first though.

Well there are a few solutions

1. Try uninstalling the drivers then restart and install the new driver

2. Uninstall drivers in safe mode then restart and install driver in safe mode

3. Try installing just the driver not the catalyst suite.

4. Driver sweeper after an uninstall to clean remnant files and registry

I advise going straight to number 2 and if that doesn't work try 3, and if that doesn't work try driver sweeper. I really don't like driver sweeper because it does mess with the registry, I would use it as a last option.

If you could tell me what catalyst revision number and card you have that might help come up with other solutions before you use driver sweeper.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

you said it is unplayable... that is a complete joke.

again, you are not so pro that sub 60fps affects your gameplay....whatever you may think.

Got to agree with you here ... anything above 30 FPS is fine.... even for a competitive shooter... because like you said, hes not a pro.

if that differences is so bad TC then give up unless you have a200000000 dpi mouse and can use it well... because of that incredibly MINISCULE disadvantage... im sure it has nothing to do with general skill.

that being said though, inconsistent framerate is a problem... the whole thread title is ridiculously dramatic though.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I will check later. I've been playing a fair amount of competitive lately.

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

The game has been complete shit from launch...they didnt take any of the constructive feedback on board during the beta + the game was made by a bunch of devs who had very little experience with the previous cs games (Hidden Path Entertainment.) I loved cs for over a decade and that great gameplay that made it so popular and loved just isnt there in cs go at all.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Anyone-will-benefit-from-higher-fps.

Anyone can benefit from 60 to 120fps(provided their monitor is at least 120hz)

And there is a massive difference between 55fps and 60 on a 60hz monitor. It looks visually unpleasing from the tearing(Not talking about vsync tearing, it feels like a stutter).

Luckily cs go is horrible, so it's okay.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
@MBirdy88 said:

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

again, you are not so pro that sub 60fps affects your gameplay....whatever you may think.

Got to agree with you here ... anything above 30 FPS is fine.... even for a competitive shooter... because like you said, hes not a pro.

if that differences is so bad TC then give up unless you have a200000000 dpi mouse and can use it well... because of that incredibly MINISCULE disadvantage... im sure it has nothing to do with general skill.

that being said though, inconsistent framerate is a problem... the whole thread title is ridiculously dramatic though.

Yeah, no.

I know a few rando Mexicans from Quake Live who got so much dramatically better going from 60fps to 120 with their lg tracking.

Anyone will be able to take advantage of it--the fact that you even mention DPI shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kraken2109

@MBirdy88 said:

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

Looks like some people have never played a competitive fps like CS.

Anyway TC, I just played a few rounds and my performance doesn't seem to have changed.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

I'd like to see objective testing to see if people can really tell 60 from 57. I highly doubt people can "see" or "feel" such a lower percentage differential in frames. Sorry boys...I don't believe you.

Or I could just say I'm so hardcore I can tell when my 144hz goes to 142...it's SO annoying!

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JigglyWiggly_

@demi0227_basic said:

I'd like to see objective testing to see if people can really tell 60 from 57. I highly doubt people can "see" or "feel" such a lower percentage differential in frames. Sorry boys...I don't believe you.

Or I could just say I'm so hardcore I can tell when my 144hz goes to 142...it's SO annoying!

It is annoying, it introduces a stutter. It isn't a gradual lowering.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Frankly I believe you've had a day where you haven't been doing so well in the game and instead of just taking a breather and acknowledge that you're not a machine that can produce the same result again and again, you instead point at a patch and go " That made me play worse cause I say it made my frames drop from 80 to 60, which is a frame rate that most find acceptable but not me!"

Take a breather and chill.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

i hate steam

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kraken2109

@jimmy_russell said:

You should play Insurgency. That game is a lot better than CSGO if you're into tactical shooters à la Battlefield 1942.

Haven't played it but interested, what makes it better?

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

You don't have to be anywhere near pro to feel the difference between 60 and 55 fps.

Your're crazy, the difference between 60 and 55 is not even worth talking about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@kraken2109 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

Anyway TC, I just played a few rounds and my performance doesn't seem to have changed.

I've played every FPS under the sun. and I still stand by my point. people with crap computers are beating people with great ones.

that what 1% of pro players that are so in tune with it that its actually notiecable is an entire different story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

Yeah, no.

I know a few rando Mexicans from Quake Live who got so much dramatically better going from 60fps to 120 with their lg tracking.

Anyone will be able to take advantage of it--the fact that you even mention DPI shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

/facepalm.... the dpi was sarcasm. I've seen you nut jobs go on about the different types of mice to know better. its all blowing gas though.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JigglyWiggly_

@MBirdy88 said:

@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

Yeah, no.

/facepalm.... the dpi was sarcasm. I've seen you nut jobs go on about the different types of mice to know better. its all blowing gas though.

Considering how misinformed the rest of your post is, I can't make any assumptions.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kraken2109

@MBirdy88 said:

@kraken2109 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

I've played every FPS under the sun. and I still stand by my point. people with crap computers are beating people with great ones.

that what 1% of pro players that are so in tune with it that its actually notiecable is an entire different story.

How do you expect to be taken seriously when you say things like that?

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

My frame rate is the same as before, constant 120. However I absolutely hate the new AUG scope, WTH is that?

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_bi99man

@MBirdy88 said:

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

You guys are absolutely insane. 30 fps is NOT okay for a competitive shooter. You're literally lagging if your framerate is that low. I don't claim to be a "pro", but if having my performance hurt by less than 60 fps mean I'm pro, then I guess I'm a fucking pro. Didn't realize that the average person sucks so bad at online shooters they think "anything above 30 FPS is fine".

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_bi99man

@Treflis said:

Frankly I believe you've had a day where you haven't been doing so well in the game and instead of just taking a breather and acknowledge that you're not a machine that can produce the same result again and again, you instead point at a patch and go " That made me play worse cause I say it made my frames drop from 80 to 60, which is a frame rate that most find acceptable but not me!"

Take a breather and chill.

Actually, if you had read the OP (and understood it, which is key), you would know that I'm not complaining about 60 fps. I'm complaining about less than 60 fps.

And yes, it was the patch that did it. Dozens of people on as many servers (both official and community), were mentioning tanked framerates yesterday. Fortunately for most, the game isn't hard to run, so "tanked framerates" just meant "less than 200 fps". But I'm on a laptop, and was one of the few who were bumped below 60 by the performance hit, which, contrary to what some people in this thread seem to think, is a big deal in a competitive shooter. Any less than a steady 60 and you might as well be lagging. Especially since the best players are at 120 or more.

Anyway, the issue has been resolved. There was another patch today, which included some much-needed optimization fixes, and my framerate is back to where it used to be, even a little better sometimes. The new patch broke all of the custom features on my favorite server, but that's a different issue. The guys who run that server will have it fixed by tomorrow, I'm sure. As for the new AUG scope... Eww.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kraken2109

I don't have a problem with the new scopes, but I do have a problem that the sensitivity on them is broken.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@kraken2109 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@kraken2109 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

..... do you not understand idioms/phrases? .... because that is one of the most common.... not my problem if you don't understand it.... do you think I literally mean "Played every single fps ever release" ... no... otherwise I would of said exactly that.

Point is I've played the major majority of BIG FPS titles on PC and Consoles. that includes the 3 main big versions of Counter-strike, so whoever babbled on about me "Oh you havn't played counter-strike" mindless assumption was flat out wrong but no surprise there.

There are people out there that beat people with their ability alone over any "better tool" ... something as ridiculously petty as small comparisons around the 60 fps mark is a joke. but wiggly the quake master will surely churp up to make out is hobby is more significant than it is to those that just don't care.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kraken2109

@MBirdy88 said:

@kraken2109 said:

..... do you not understand idioms/phrases? .... because that is one of the most common.... not my problem if you don't understand it.... do you think I literally mean "Played every single fps ever release" ... no... otherwise I would of said exactly that.

Point is I've played the major majority of BIG FPS titles on PC and Consoles. that includes the 3 main big versions of Counter-strike, so whoever babbled on about me "Oh you haven't played counter-strike" mindless assumption was flat out wrong but no surprise there.

There are people out there that beat people with their ability alone over any "better tool" ... something as ridiculously petty as small comparisons around the 60 fps mark is a joke. but wiggly the quake master will surely churp up to make out is hobby is more significant than it is to those that just don't care.

Of course I'm familiar with the phrase, I just think it's a stupid thing to say.

Of course ability/skill is important, but drops in framerate are just as bad as high ping in competitive fps and cans significantly affect performance.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

No issues with CS:GO after the patch. Sorry you're having issues. :(

Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

made sure the patch didnt enable vsync by default?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@the_bi99man: Nothing but a god damn nerd.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

@geminontraveler said:

You guys are absolutely insane. 30 fps is NOT okay for a competitive shooter. You're literally lagging if your framerate is that low. I don't claim to be a "pro", but if having my performance hurt by less than 60 fps mean I'm pro, then I guess I'm a fucking pro. Didn't realize that the average person sucks so bad at online shooters they think "anything above 30 FPS is fine".

no, you arent. but whatever. keep thinking you are so pro that a millisecond actually matters for your gameplay.

this.

His sentence doesn't make any sense "Players are still playing good when they have 30 FPS? they must suck so bad" .... backwards logic.

You don't "LAG" with 30FPS ..... everything is just not quite as fluid. any lower than having 30 fps is another story.

but I was talking about what the TC said... 60 fps to 55 fps.... RIDICULOUS complaint.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kraken2109

30fps is not ok for a competitive fps

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

Here's a pro-tip. Don't come onto the PC gaming forum with that kind of avatar and tell people what affects gameplay in Counter-strike.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

@geminontraveler said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

Here's a pro-tip. Don't come onto the PC gaming forum with that kind of avatar and tell people what affects gameplay in Counter-strike.

pro-tip... i couldnt give 2 shits what the **** you think.

am i supposed to assume you are some sort of pedophile asian torture porn slut based on your avatar? cause you know what, now i think you are. ill be sure to make sure everyone on the forum knows that you are from now on since you apparently think people should honestly care what other peoples avatars look like.

First of all, welcome to the PC forums.

Second of all, yours is the most retarded comment I've read outside the system wars forum in quite some time.

You were "supposed to assume" that you should shut up about things you know nothing about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@Cobra_nVidia said:

@geminontraveler said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:

@geminontraveler said:

@the_bi99man said:

pro-tip... i couldnt give 2 shits what the **** you think.

am i supposed to assume you are some sort of pedophile asian torture porn slut based on your avatar? cause you know what, now i think you are. ill be sure to make sure everyone on the forum knows that you are from now on since you apparently think people should honestly care what other peoples avatars look like.

First of all, welcome to the PC forums.

Second of all, yours is the most retarded comment I've read outside the system wars forum in quite some time.

You were "supposed to assume" that you should shut up about things you know nothing about.

No actually hes right, you have no room to complain about peoples avatars.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#49  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kraken2109

I think it's time this thread was closed.