VAC BANS GOOD OR BAD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by PaulRoberts34 (17 posts) 6 months, 24 days ago

Poll: VAC BANS GOOD OR BAD (24 votes)

GOOD 79%
BAD 25%

This guy got vac banned for doing nothing excepted for playing Garry's Mod.

#1 Posted by MonsieurX (29495 posts) -

Nobody cares.

#2 Edited by PaulRoberts34 (17 posts) -
#3 Edited by JigglyWiggly_ (23459 posts) -

You should probably just be banned for playing garrysmod.

Never before has so much canser been in one place

#4 Edited by PaulRoberts34 (17 posts) -

@JigglyWiggly_: I am going to ignore your unwarranted aggression against me, but has I digress vac bans are tyrannical.

#5 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2570 posts) -

I think bans are good to encourage people not to cheat because i think cheating is stupid as ****. but at the same time I did not cheat and I am banned. So its 50/50 for me

#6 Edited by PaulRoberts34 (17 posts) -

@_SKatEDiRt_: I respect your opinion but I disagree I have been vac banned and I have never cheated. The one in the video never cheated and he got banned.

#7 Posted by guynamedbilly (12956 posts) -

Pro

#8 Edited by JigglyWiggly_ (23459 posts) -

@paulroberts34 said:

@JigglyWiggly_: I am going to ignore your unwarranted aggression against me, but has I digress vac bans are tyrannical.

You realize vac bans are done on detecting known cheats and are delayed for up to weeks?

And just reading the beginning text of the video lets me know instantly that the vac ban wasn't a mistake.

#9 Edited by _SKatEDiRt_ (2570 posts) -

@_SKatEDiRt_: I respect your opinion but I disagree I have been vac banned and I have never cheated. The one in the video never cheated and he got banned.

Yeah i support everything your saying. it should be for cheaters only!!!!

#10 Edited by PaulRoberts34 (17 posts) -
#11 Posted by 8-Bitterness (3707 posts) -

I highly doubt you can really get Vacbanned for not cheating so I actually completely agree with them and I think they should sometimes carry harsher punishments. Cheating's pretty damn pathetic.

But das jus me, bro.

That video was real dumb tho, how is TTT fun with those people?

#12 Posted by PaulRoberts34 (17 posts) -
#13 Edited by kraken2109 (13007 posts) -

Dat framerate

#14 Posted by PredatorRules (7385 posts) -

You don't get banned for nothing, they monitor these kind of things.

You know how many times a fellow mate that I play with and basically my whole teams is getting reported and kicked out of servers because they think we're cheating? if so everyone that was good and got multiple times reported would have been banned.

#15 Posted by SimplyFatal (1060 posts) -

How can you not run TTT? How old is your computer? Why would you be hacking in TTT anyways. Regardless, that was a nice headshot.

#16 Posted by wis3boi (31111 posts) -

crap thread, crap video.

#17 Posted by PaulRoberts34 (17 posts) -
#18 Posted by PaulRoberts34 (17 posts) -
#19 Posted by wis3boi (31111 posts) -

@wis3boi: this is not a crap thread.

pretty sure it is, since it has no substance and the video is something worth flagging on this site

#20 Posted by PaulRoberts34 (17 posts) -

@wis3boi: I do respect your opinions but this video has substance and the video is not something worth flagging on this site.

#21 Posted by MonsieurX (29495 posts) -

@wis3boi: I do respect your opinions but this video has substance and the video is not something worth flagging on this site.

Your thread is.

#22 Posted by PaulRoberts34 (17 posts) -
#23 Edited by Jimmy_Russell (545 posts) -

VAC bans are fine. They don't prevent cheating at all, regardless, they let other players feel a sense of security where there is none.

#24 Posted by Croag821 (2317 posts) -

I see no problem with VAC bans. I've never seen proof that it banned people without warrant so until I see some proof I will continue to support it.

I also fail to see how that video is related to anything in this thread.

#25 Edited by KHAndAnime (13415 posts) -

Vac doesn't ban people based on reporting or sightings - it simply scans if you have the memory values of the hack in your RAM and if you do then it bans you. It doesn't ban anyone without guaranteed proof, which is why they stand by it.

#26 Posted by Insert-Coin (32 posts) -

Blizzard bans people without proof why would Valve be any different?

#27 Posted by Gammit10 (2250 posts) -

Nobody cares with only anecdotal evidence. Are we supposed to take the word of some random person?

#28 Edited by KHAndAnime (13415 posts) -

Blizzard bans people without proof why would Valve be any different?

Because Blizz obviously sucks and Valve obviously owns?

#29 Posted by PaulRoberts34 (17 posts) -
#30 Posted by Mcspanky37 (1695 posts) -

@KHAndAnime: Blizzard and Valve are both terrible.

Naw. Valve are good peoples. Same Steam account since '03, same password, hundreds of games, all in tact. Can't say the same for my Blizzard account. Valve also isn't guilty of blatantly milking their franchises.

#31 Edited by PaulRoberts34 (17 posts) -

Yah. Valve are bad peoples. Same Steam account since '14, different password, thousands of games, all in tact. Can say the same for my Blizzard account. Valve also is guilty of blatantly milking their franchises.

#32 Posted by MonsieurX (29495 posts) -

Yah. Valve are bad peoples. Same Steam account since '14, different password, thousands of games, all in tact. Can say the same for my Blizzard account. Valve also is guilty of blatantly milking their franchises.

Valve,milking their franchise?

lol

#33 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16296 posts) -

@paulroberts34 said:

Valve,milking their franchise?

lol

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#34 Posted by Nick3306 (2562 posts) -

Lol what are you like 10 years old?