Update on The Evil Within’s PC Requirements (Minimum)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Update on The Evil Within’s PC Requirements

Last week we posted our recommended PC system specs for The Evil Within, and in turn, we received plenty of feedback. While we still recommend this benchmark to experience the game in all its gory glory, we also recognize the need to provide information on how you can play the game with a wider range of PCs.

Minimum requirements for The Evil Within can now be found below. You won’t be experiencing the game at 1080p and you’ll likely need to turn off some features, but you will still be able to have a great experience with the game..

Minimum Requirements

GPU: GTX 460 or an equivalent 1gb VRAM card

CPU: i7 or an equivalent 4+ core processor

RAM: 4gb

HDD: 50gb

If you meet the recommended specs, you’re in for the ideal experience. The game looks amazing with full-screen anti-aliasing, full shadow quality, motion blur, tessellation, SSAO, and 1080p visuals.

PC users can pre-order The Evil Within today on Steam — where we’ve updated the game page to account for both the minimum and recommended system requirements, or your favorite digital or physical reseller.

i7 minimum requirement... lol...

edit: posting also the recommended specs for people that forgot...

Recommended PC System Specifications

• 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
  • i7 with four plus cores
  • 4 GBs RAM
  • 50 GB of hard drive space*
  • GeForce GTX 670 or equivalent with 4GBs of VRAM
  • High Speed Internet Connection
  • Steam account and activation
thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

is there an amd equivalent in the recommendations ?

how would the 8350 and 7850 combo fare

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Coseniath

@thehig1: Well 7850 is equal to 460SLI or between GTX560ti and GTX570. So you will absolutely have no problem with your GPU.

Now about the CPU is a little confusing. The good thing is that is asking for a minimum of 8-threads. So it should take full advantage of FX8350.

If this happens I think you will have no problem.

But Bethesda is to be feared when we are talking about optimisations.

When Skyrim released on PC, the lazy devs at Bethesda thought that the brute force of PCs will play the game unoptimised without even taken advantage of PC architecture nor the multi core setups.

The result is in the charts... :/

I really hope they got their lesson and this time they will release a game that is at least8-threaded...

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Coseniath said:

@thehig1: Well 7850 is equal to 460SLI or between GTX560ti and GTX570. So you will absolutely have no problem with your GPU.

Now about the CPU is a little confusing. The good thing is that is asking for a minimum of 8-threads. So it should take full advantage of FX8350.

If this happens I think you will have no problem.

But Bethesda is to be feared when we are talking about optimisations.

When Skyrim released on PC, the lazy devs at Bethesda thought that the brute force of PCs will play the game unoptimised without even taken advantage of PC architecture nor the multi core setups.

The result is in the charts... :/

I really hope they got their lesson and this time they will release a game that is at least8-threaded...

That moment, when i3 passes FX8XXX series, not being a fanboy but GOD DAMN Intel knows how to build CPUs.

Well as long as it won't be any Mordor BS requirements that don't improve anything - it's going to be alright.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Coseniath
@PredatorRules said:

That moment, when i3 passes FX8XXX series, not being a fanboy but GOD DAMN Intel knows how to build CPUs.

Well as long as it won't be any Mordor BS requirements that don't improve anything - it's going to be alright.

When Intel feels that they are threaten by AMD they are doing rediculus jumps in performance.

2006. Intel with Netburst was behind AMD in CPU performance. Kentsfield and Conroe was borned with performance per core per GHz more than 100% faster (I think this was the most ridiculus high jump in performance in history from simply an architecture)...

2011. AMD was coming close to i5 7xx with Phenom II X4 and with Phenom II X6 they even competing the i7 9xx series in multithreaded applications. Then Intel release Sandybridge. 30% more performance with 20% less power... Checkmate...

edit: 2015. AMD might release "Zen" CPU microarchitecture that might threat Intel.

2016. Intel ?????

profit :P.