Unofficial Guild Wars 2 Thread Version 2.0.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
sure, just send a PM in-game to Zihark Darshell.
#202 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Sent, don't remember how it works, do I need to be in game to receive the invite or it gets sent no matter what? still have about 60 matches of WoT to do today, before I can play some GW.
#203 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
Sent, don't remember how it works, do I need to be in game to receive the invite or it gets sent no matter what? still have about 60 matches of WoT to do today, before I can play some GW.DanielDust
you'll get the invite regardless of being on or off, you'll just have to make sure you represent us after joining, or you won't see the chat.
#204 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

they updated the patch notes. apparently the devil horns had been removed from the store because people were shoving it in the mystic forge. it's been fixed and now you can buy them. also "Fixed an issue when Halloween creatures could infinitely spawn from Haunted Doors" now it makes so much more sense. so you knock on the door, and you either get a bag of treats, or you get a veteran mob to spawn.BrunoBRS

Ah so that how those doors work. And yay a free item, I will check out the horns when I get back on.

#205 Posted by Nitrowing (217 posts) -

So the doors were bugged good thing i got 100 kills before they fixed them go go spamming #1 with a staff

#206 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Behold the Mad Queen and her two hounds.:P

6784B6BD6612FC9626A0E6BF2185CB98A4EAD822

#207 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

So the doors were bugged good thing i got 100 kills before they fixed them go go spamming #1 with a staff

Nitrowing
same, except with the shortbow :P good thing too, doubt i'll see 100 doors before the end of the event. then again, 3 acts to go... BUT I HAVE COSTUME BRAWLING TO DO.

Wanderer5
nice. glad you went with that costume. you'll have to spam the bad jokes later :P
#208 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

might as well post my screens here too:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8720/guildwars22012102320044.png

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2614/guildwars22012102320045.png

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1456/guildwars22012102320050.png

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/9049/guildwars22012102320403.png

also, what happens when you eat too much candy corn:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6913/guildwars22012102322141.png

#209 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

nice. glad you went with that costume. you'll have to spam the bad jokes later :PBrunoBRS

Yeah I love it, and of course I spam jokes later lol. Also gotten a few achievements, one of which I gotten after throwing up twice in a row.:P

Went to add a new dye set for the Mad Queen:

madqueen.jpg

And it doesn't look bad on a Charr (the chain tail is a nice touch).

madcharr.jpg

#210 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

looks so damn stupid on a charr lol. did you have to transfer the clothes via bank? or can you purchase aditional sets of that costume for free?

and what achievements? i ate 130 candy corns in a row and didn't get anything other than monthly progression.

#211 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

looks so damn stupid on a charr lol. did you have to transfer the clothes via bank? or can you purchase aditional sets of that costume for free?

and what achievements? i ate 130 candy corns in a row and didn't get anything other than monthly progression.

BrunoBRS

You can transfer the outfit via bank. And it doesn't look that bad on the charr lol, through definitely looks much better on a human.

And actually I might have just gotten a milestone progress one for the candy corn. It looks like the achievement is 50 candy corns.

#212 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
the monthly achievement is 150 candy corns. since i completed said monthly achievement, i'd expect any candy-corn-eating-related achievement to be done.
#213 Posted by illmatic87 (15462 posts) -
:O All forms of Karma boosters (banners, guild, WvW etc) work with those Karma Vials
#214 Posted by takeiteazy3 (743 posts) -
:O All forms of Karma boosters (banners, guild, WvW etc) work with those Karma Vialsillmatic87
Thanks awesome, ima stack every single one haha
#215 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
:O All forms of Karma boosters (banners, guild, WvW etc) work with those Karma Vialsillmatic87
really? well i guess i'll have to start activating guild-wide karma rewards and research daily :P or better, you do that. you're an officer for a reason.
#216 Posted by illmatic87 (15462 posts) -

Wanderer5

Wanna fight?:x

awhqf.jpg

#217 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

I was thoroughly disappointed that the vendor "The Crossing" was only a temporary item. Only thing I was looking forward too. Now if I wanna get the permanent one, I have to no-life it and get 500 CoE tokens. Yaaaaaa.... No thanks.

Sometimes I really hate this game.

#218 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Wanna fight?:x

awhqf.jpg

illmatic87

My hounds will rip your cats apart.:twisted:

:P

#219 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

Wanderer5
his cat has a hat. your argument is invalid.

I was thoroughly disappointed that the vendor "The Crossing" was only a temporary item. Only thing I was looking forward too. Now if I wanna get the permanent one, I have to no-life it and get 500 CoE tokens. Yaaaaaa.... No thanks.

trastamad03
can't expect everything the event has to offer on a plate for you to pick up casually. they added those rental weapons exactly because they didn't want people who couldn't just craft the permanent ones to feel left out. the permanent ones are, after all, lv80 exotics which you can only get the recipe to during one time of the year.
#220 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

BrunoBRS

Both my Hounds have spike collars, argument is un-invalid!:x

#221 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

pfft, any puppy can have necklaces, how many cats wear hats?
#222 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Looking at the patch notes, I glad they improved the leap of faith and symbol of wrath. I hearing some exciting stories for the getting Halloween skins from chests through, and I amaze that some people brought like 100+ chests.

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] his cat has a hat. your argument is invalid.

BrunoBRS

pfft, any puppy can have necklaces, how many cats wear hats?

Pfft my Hounds still looks more badass than one cat with a hat.:x How come the other one doesn't have one lol?

Also I agree with you about the town outfits in the GW2 forums. I don't mind if the Halloween costumes are town outfits, but I hate that apparently even the slightest damage from a fall or you go underwater gets you back into combat armor.:\

#223 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

^ because the one with a hat is summoned.

i only paid attention to the thief nerfs, hopefully this will make people shut up about backstab builds, but who am i kidding?

and yeah it's annoying. if anyone wants to add their voice to the cause of improved costume behavior, post in this thread. or on this thread on the halloween forum.

#224 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

[QUOTE="trastamad03"]

BrunoBRS

can't expect everything the event has to offer on a plate for you to pick up casually. they added those rental weapons exactly because they didn't want people who couldn't just craft the permanent ones to feel left out. the permanent ones are, after all, lv80 exotics which you can only get the recipe to during one time of the year.

First off, please quote me where I specifically said I wanted it on a plate so I could just pick it up, basically getting it without effort?

Second, it's a holiday Item. You can introduce a number of ways that would actually be fun in order to get the items. 500 Token + 40 Elonian Wine + some dust I haven't even seen + etc... That's not fun, that's grindy / boring. Not to mention you'd have to level another profession (the cost) just to be able to get it.

They could have just implemented various small themed events which would rewarded you holiday only items which in turn you can combine / trade / something-that-doesn't-require-forcing-players-to-do-a-boring-grind-through-boring-content.

Another way would be a reward from finishing a long chain of events leading up to the finale. You'd get offered 1 of the 3. I'm sure there's other / more fun ways to have those items as rewards.

After reading a bit more, it seems that you can craft the recipes even after the event is over. Still, gotta grind through the amazing snorefest dungeons! Woo hoooooo!

#225 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="trastamad03"]

trastamad03

First off, please quote me where I specifically said I wanted it on a plate so I could just pick it up, basically getting it without effort?

Second, it's a holiday Item. You can introduce a number of ways that would actually be fun in order to get the items. 500 Token + 40 Elonian Wine + some dust I haven't even seen + etc... That's not fun, that's grindy / boring. Not to mention you'd have to level another profession (the cost) just to be able to get it.

They could have just implemented various small themed events which would rewarded you holiday only items which in turn you can combine / trade / something-that-doesn't-require-forcing-players-to-do-a-boring-grind-through-boring-content.

Another way would be a reward from finishing a long chain of events leading up to the finale. You'd get offered 1 of the 3. I'm sure there's other / more fun ways to have those items as rewards.

After reading a bit more, it seems that you can craft the recipes even after the event is over. Still, gotta grind through the amazing snorefest dungeons! Woo hoooooo!

like i said, they are still lv80 exotic weapons with unique skins, they should be just as hard to get as the others. don't like grinding? then just rent it. if everyone could easily get them through the holiday events, they wouldn't be so special anymore, drastically reducing the impact of having one or seeing someone with one. IIRC, you don't need to level a specific crafting profession for those specific items. as for the materials, you don't have to get them yourself, the trading post is there for that. the only thing you'd have to get yourself is the gift, and 500 tokens can be obtained rather quickly. and dungeons are boring TO YOU. i love them, and many others do. don't expect ANet to completely ignore dungeons because you find them boring. some people might find the holiday events boring and like dungeons, and want that weapon, why should they be forced therough "boring grindy content" when they could be having fun with dungeons to get the weapon instead? someone will always complain about the method to obtain. last but not least, there are already items you get through the holiday events, like that book you can wear on your back (it's even transmutable).
#226 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

i've found the most beautiful jumping puzzle. it's one of the ones they added with the halloween update, and it's on mount maelstrom. mount maelstrom is already one of the prettiest areas in the game, and then you give me this, which is THE prettiest area in the game? how am i not supposed to love this map?

pictures inside the spoiler.

[spoiler]

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/7679/guildwars22012102501352.png

these cliffs are huuuuuuuuge. don't believe me? you'll see in a couple pics.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4929/guildwars22012102501360.png

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4746/guildwars22012102501370.png

missed opportunity for a rainbow here ANet.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5729/guildwars22012102501385.png

this high, and i'm not even halfway through.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5741/guildwars22012102501405.png

the diving goggles were here, but i thought the wind element puzzle was on a higher place.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/9796/guildwars22012102502033.png

hard to see on still images, but the wind blowing effect here is really nice:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/5369/guildwars22012102502081.png

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/2561/guildwars22012102502082.png

see that dot to my left? all the way down there, near the pond? that's another player.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3359/guildwars22012102502110.png

ohwait, you can see the sun's orb from this pic, it's clearly higher than wind. i stand corrected... by myself.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3167/guildwars22012102502111.png

and finally, i used sepia (and a bunch of other settings, heavily tweaked) to try and achieve a Shadow of the Colossus vibe. i didn't have much time for experimentation (as i had two friends guarding me as i went back and forth between the settings and the game), but i think i came out with a pretty decent outcome. i saved the settings and will tweak them some more in the future. note: the UI looks like sh!t with the heavy tweaks, but it's nice for pics.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9783/guildwars22012102502273.png

note: the heavy bloom is natural of the area, not an outcome of the mod, and so are the high-contrast areas.

[/spoiler]

#227 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Yeah that area was very good, through the reward was kind of crap for me.:\ Also having two or more guardians that have Mad King/Witch outfits around can make the place more crowded.:P

4EF1D62EC5B9213004A7A9AA9DEF21CDE5CFCE04

#228 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
you managed to take the picture in the split second between my broom showing up and the rest of my costume showing up lol.
#229 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

you managed to take the picture in the split second between my broom showing up and the rest of my costume showing up lol.BrunoBRS

Lol great.:P

#230 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]you managed to take the picture in the split second between my broom showing up and the rest of my costume showing up lol.Wanderer5

Lol great.:P

on the bright side, my combat costume is colored after the mad king anyway (hence the fugly orange helmet thing), so yeah :P
#231 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

finished tweaking my "Shadow of the Guild Wars 2" settings. very pleased with the results, especially because it's actually playable with it (even though i wouldn't, i like the game with the original artstyIe thank you). being able to swap files and edit them on the fly helps so much.

vanilla:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6241/guildwars22012102521041.png

my usual settings (what i actually play with):

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6241/guildwars22012102521041.png

the SotC mod:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/985/guildwars22012102521043.png

if anyone actually likes it enough to want to try it, i can upload it.

#232 Posted by illmatic87 (15462 posts) -

trastamad03

Well, good news is the prices for the permanent transmute skins for Halloween items are plummeting. The bad news is, the staff is the one not budging as much as the other skins, as every Necromancer and their minions and minions undead dogs (where those dogs died to cats) wants one. It's the price of a Tier 3 cultural item.

Just wait it out, it's still only Act 1 of Halloween with 3 more to go, so there's probably more in store.

-

So far, I have 1 Halloween Achievement done. >:[. Need about 40 pumpkin carves and 50 halloween monster kills. What I find awesome is that there were still events in Queensdale that I found, or havent done, despite playing through that for my main and for one whole Beta Weekend.

#233 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

[QUOTE="trastamad03"]

illmatic87

Well, good news is the prices for the permanent transmute skins for Halloween items are plummeting. The bad news is, the staff is the one not budging as much as the other skins, as every Necromancer and their minions and minions undead dogs (where those dogs died to cats) wants one. It's the price of a Tier 3 cultural item.

Just wait it out, it's still only Act 1 of Halloween with 3 more to go, so there's probably more in store.

-

So far, I have 1 Halloween Achievement done. >:[. Need about 40 pumpkin carves and 50 halloween monster kills. What I find awesome is that there were still events in Queensdale that I found, or havent done, despite playing through that for my main and for one whole Beta Weekend.

Ya... I was hoping to get it through the Mad King Chests... but no luck, I got some others... Gonna keep them till later on.
#234 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Holy **** at that one path in Crucible of Eternity (think it was Escape using the Experimental Teleporter). The final boss was a pain in the neck and it didn't help that there wasn't a ****ing waypoint close by. Seriously why was the closest waypoint so far away? Should have been one in that room before the Green Lab. Well at least CoE was amazing to look at.

#235 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

Holy **** at that one path in Crucible of Eternity (think it was Escape using the Experimental Teleporter). The final boss was a pain in the neck and it didn't help that there wasn't a ****ing waypoint close by. Seriously why was the closest waypoint so far away? Should have been one in that room before the Green Lab. Well at least CoE was amazing to look at.

Wanderer5
yeah. on the bright side, we'll never run that path ever again. or trust mozzi's advice for that matter >.> "they're all easy".
#236 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

BrunoBRS

yeah. on the bright side, we'll never run that path ever again. or trust mozzi's advice for that matter >.> "they're all easy".

Yup.>_> Guess the other two path aren't as bad? You guys said that the Alpha subject was harder in this.

#237 Posted by takeiteazy3 (743 posts) -
They are easy, if u have run them before haha.
#238 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
They are easy, if u have run them before haha.takeiteazy3
well you have run them before, look how that turned out.

Yup.>_> Guess the other two path aren't as bad? You guys said that the Alpha subject was harder in this.

Wanderer5
"you guys" no, blinnt said. i had never run before. but hey, at least we got the tough path out of the way, and we got to use voice chat again. as for the jumping puzzle we recorded, i don't have the time to edit it right now, so that'll have to wait.
#239 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -
Was just on playing around with the new patch as I've been busy with school. It's fun, though some of the halloween stuff seems a bit out of place. And it's a bit hard to know what to do, but fun nonetheless. Whereabouts do ya get the free helm?
#240 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]Was just on playing around with the new patch as I've been busy with school. It's fun, though some of the halloween stuff seems a bit out of place. And it's a bit hard to know what to do, but fun nonetheless. Whereabouts do ya get the free helm?

Free headpiece is on the gem store (don't worry, it costs 0 gems). Act 2 of halloween starts today, my guess is that we'll get access to the clock tower with it. I'm almost done with everything that can be done so far, only need a few more bags, some pumpkins to carve and some enemies to kill. And costume brawl, if you count that.
#241 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Act 2 of halloween starts today, my guess is that we'll get access to the clock tower with it. I'm almost done with everything that can be done so far, only need a few more bags, some pumpkins to carve and some enemies to kill. And costume brawl, if you count that.BrunoBRS

I should aim at least wrapping up or be close to finishing the pumpkin carving later today. Can't wait for the new act and would be cool to see the Clock Tower.

#242 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

File:Kristoph Breaks 4.gif

That damn Clock Tower.:x

Well beside that, I liking The Mad King's Labyrinth.:P Finished theHalloween Huntin' Achievement, and next up is the pumpkin carving and the second act of the Scavenger hunt.

EDDDC1170C48948A2674F15F9D99B16F08F29B49

67BF44D7CFA202A67F3A2BB2091B2E9E937C9F29

#243 Posted by Kane04 (2069 posts) -
Can anyone tell me if the PvP Runic Blade is called Infinite Light of Accuracy in PvE? Just wanna be sure because the Halloween update didn't brought the preview to the market D: and 75 gold coins is substantial for a gamble...
#244 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kane04"]Can anyone tell me if the PvP Runic Blade is called Infinite Light of Accuracy in PvE? Just wanna be sure because the Halloween update didn't brought the preview to the market D: and 75 gold coins is substantial for a gamble...

no one actually knows what it actually is. i love the lunatic inquisition update.
#245 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

I wish the Clock Tower can be played through solo. I don't mind some challenge but it frustrating not seeing where I jumping quite a few times with a big group of players, and it doesn't help that the camera goes wonky at times too. Well I keep trying some more, but if I can't do it, I can't do it, so whatever.

And ugh I going to miss the special event on Sunday.>.>

#246 Posted by Nitrowing (217 posts) -

I wish the Clock Tower can be played through solo. I don't mind some challenge but it frustrating not seeing where I jumping quite a few times with a big group of players, and it doesn't help that the camera goes wonky at times too. Well I keep trying some more, but if I can't do it, I can't do it, so whatever.

And ugh I going to miss the special event on Sunday.>.>

Wanderer5

I know your frustration took me many tries to beat that damn clock tower but I finally got my boots. And what happens on Sunday that your going to miss?

#247 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

I know your frustration took me many tries to beat that damn clock tower but I finally got my boots. And what happens on Sunday that your going to miss?

Nitrowing

Well I think I not going to waste much time with it lol. It just one of the many things to do during this event, and such I rather focus my time on other things. Too bad on the missing the boots then, but not like I going out of this event empty handed.

And it hasn't been said what it is, but there this special event that going to happen (it hinted to be the beginning of Act 3) on that day at 12PM PST.

#248 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -
FOV Beta change: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/FOV-Field-of-View-Changes-Beta-Test/first#post551634 There's a noticeable difference... Try it out! :D As for the Event. The Clock Tower was actually pretty fun!
#249 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

So what do the boots (heavy) look like? It sounds like the armor set is the Pit Fighters armor.:\

FOV Beta change: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/FOV-Field-of-View-Changes-Beta-Test/first#post551634 There's a noticeable difference... Try it out! :D As for the Event. The Clock Tower was actually pretty fun! trastamad03

Oh wow that looks nice.

#250 Posted by illmatic87 (15462 posts) -

This is me during phase 1 of the Halloween festivities:

speeding+car.jpg

Phase 2:

[spoiler]

car_crash_brick_wall.jpg

[/spoiler]