This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Raptor123 (1114 posts) -
I am thinking about setting up a surround-gaming screen setup for my PC, but do not wish to spend $2,000+ on a special, 3 screen monitor. I already have three of the same type of monitor; is there some way I can set my PC to span across all three?

I am currently using an nVidia XFX 7950GX2, and am at the moment running it with dual-monitor output. But when I play games like this there is a large split down the middle, which is very annoying. Now the problem is that my graphics card only has two DVI outputs, meaning I am short one.

Is there any possible way, given my circumstances, to set up a tri-monitor output?
#2 Posted by Rusteater (4017 posts) -
Matrox TripleHead2Go
#3 Posted by supergamer1289 (2825 posts) -
Sigh, I know this has nothing to do with your question but, since you have so much money why not get a brand new DX 10 graphics card. Then you can worry about your ultra pointless tri moniter set up.
#4 Posted by Rusteater (4017 posts) -
Sigh, I know this has nothing to do with your question but, since you have so much money why not get a brand new DX 10 graphics card. Then you can worry about your ultra pointless tri moniter set up.supergamer1289

Why is it "pointless" in you opinion?
#5 Posted by ZBoater (1855 posts) -
I dont think most games will support a "surround" experience across three monitors, and even if they did performance would probably be lousy. The better option is to get a really, really big monitor or HDTV and drive it with a 8800 card....
#6 Posted by supergamer1289 (2825 posts) -
Hmmm, what other good things could you do with that kind of money. THat just one reason. 3 moniters!!! Thats over kill. That also got to be anoying as hell in a first person shooter. Just stick with one big one, or possibly 2 medium one. 2's a party 3's a crowd.
#7 Posted by Raptor123 (1114 posts) -
Sigh, I know this has nothing to do with your question but, since you have so much money why not get a brand new DX 10 graphics card. Then you can worry about your ultra pointless tri moniter set up.supergamer1289

Excuse me? I was just asking a question; there isn't any need to get so worked up about it. My family has 2 completely unused (and, given their condition, about to fall apart) monitors; counting the one being used by my computer, that makes three monitors about the same size and screen resolution. I was just curious to know if I could put the two unused ones to use for a cool, tri-monitor setup for gaming. In all honesty, I am trying to avoid spending any money at all.
#8 Posted by supergamer1289 (2825 posts) -
Ok, sorry. I just have a crud load of home work.