Top 10 games last 10 years

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jack_Kal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jack_Kal
Member since 2010 • 41 Posts

In your opinion(s), what are the best 10 pc games from the last decade? The games that any gamer simply owes it to themselves to play. If you haven't played these games, you're missing out and in for a lot of fun when you finally sit down to them.

What games would make your top 10 list and why?

Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts

hmm this is tough one ...

mine :

1. Orange box -
best game set in whole history of pc gaming ! imo ofc...
2. world of warcraft

and all expansions , well i could doubt on wotlk one ...
3. Fallout 3
- loyal fan boi , got bit upset because it was bit different than 1st and 2nd one , but game give me A LOT of hours of fun gameplay
4.Bioshock -
nothing to add epic game
5.Kotor 1 and kotor 2 -
both epic games , i believe this should be higher but editing those numbers is hard work :(
6.Battlefield 2 and 2142 -
got addicted to those things :)
7.Bf bc2 its not out yet but beta is awsome
8. modern warfare 2 and 1st one -
spend to much time playing this...
9.Mass effect 2 , mass effect 1st one -
just great epic gamez
10. Bioshock 2
, havent got it yet , but it definetly deserves to be in this list

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

No One Lives Forever - This game brought me so many laughs and joy. It had an Austin Powers fill to it. The game was just overall fun to play.

Far Cry - I remember first starting this game up. I was in awe. The combat was fun the story was "ok," but the real fun came with the huge areas and challenging AI/

Left 4 Dead - I spent hours upon hours with friends playing through the campaigns and versus. Though the second did not capture me like this one did. The original will always have a place in my heart because killing zombies with fiends is just too fun.

Call of Duty (1) - To me none of the other CoD games ever lived up to the first. For its time it was an amazing military shooter. After the stale MoH series had been on top for so long it was great to get a new game.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP - Many will not agree with this game being on here, but to heck with them. The STALKER series is a great series and STALKER CoP is easily the best of the three with amazing gameplay an all too impressive Atmosphere. The Zone is one of my most cherished video game worlds.

Deus Ex - This game was freaking amazing. What can I say that has not already been said about this game before. It is one of the best Action RPG games of all time. Too bad Invisible War did not live up to the name.

Battle Field 2 - Me and my buddy spent hours upon hours in this game. The huge maps with tank shells and bullets flying through the air it was the first time I felt I was on a "real" battlefield. It was also the first time I participated with a clan.

Half - Life 2 - HL2 was an amazing game that was well polished and really captured the whole SCI-FI drama feel. I was hooked the first time I played this game. The atmosphere and the feeling of being apart of a rebel line to overcome something that was much stronger was pure bliss.

Mas Effect (1 & 2) - The Mass Effect games are two of my most cherished games of all time. Never have I felt more compelled to keep playing. I have never played a game more than Mass Effect (10 times :)). I can not simply just choose once since you really need to play both to understand everything there is to know.

Bioshock - This is it gor me this is my favorite game of all time. The story the characters the world of Rapture is overwhelming to say the least. The level design is one of if not the best I have ever seen. I remember being overly hyped for this game, though fearful of a huge letdown. Though in the end I can say that I was not letdown in anyway.

So that is my top 10 games that should be played. Sure many people will not agree with that list, but this is MY list. All of these games deserve a chance to be played in my opinion.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
from 2000 : - Deus Ex - BG 2 - HL 2 -Warcraft 3 - Rome Total War - Diablo II - Unreal Tournament 2004 - Vampire:: Bloodlines - Galactic Civilizations 2 - Company of heroes/close combat Hated leaving lots of other games like Crysis, NOLF 2, TF 2, Med TW, NWN 2 ; MotB wtc :(
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Deus Ex, Half-Life 2 + Episodes, Battlefield 1942, STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, Morrowind, Chronicles of Riddick, Civilization IV, Diablo 2, EVE Online and Baldur's Gate 2
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

Crysis + Warhead

No One Lives Forever

Max Payne

Deus Ex

Orange Box

Call of Duty

Commandos

Far Cry

STALKER

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Jack_Kal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jack_Kal
Member since 2010 • 41 Posts

Great lists, everyone. Some of you obviously put a lot of thought into each game selection and why you chose a title/series.

I see several titles on multiple lists, too. This could serve as a good "cheat sheet" of games to worth picking up for people. hehe.

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

10. NOLF and Deus Ex ( Couldn't choose)

9. Age of Mythology + expansion

8. Rome Total War

7. GTA San Andreas

6. Guild Wars Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall ( I think it can be considered a whole game )

5. Crysis and Crysis Warhead

4. The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

3. Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic

3. The Witcher

2. Mass Effect 1/2

1. Half Life 2 + Episode 1,2

Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 Lox_Cropek
Member since 2008 • 3555 Posts

1. Mass Effect 2

2. Mass Effect

3. Bioshock

4. Half-Life 2

5. Team Fortress 2

6. Left 4 Dead 2

7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

8. Left 4 Dead

9. Assassin's Creed

10. Need for Speed: Most Wanted

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts

1. Dead Space

2. The Last Remnant

3. Company of Heroes Anthology

4. The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion : GOTY

5. Battlefield 2 : Complete Collection

6. Diablo II : Battle Chest

7. Dragon Age : Origins

8. Mass Effect

9. Warcraft III

10. Crysis : Maximum Edition

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Here are my picks:

• Deus Ex
  • Max Payne
  • Diablo 2/Lord of Destruction
  • Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal
  • Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind + expansions
  • Half-Life 2 + Episodes (get the Orange Box w/Portal as well)
  • Battlefield 2 + expansions
  • No One Lives Forever 2
  • Bioshock
  • Company of Heroes + Expansions

Most of these are among the very best of their type.

ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts

In no particular order:

• STALKER: SoC
  • WarCraft III
  • Portal
  • Dawn of War
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • FarCry
  • Half-Life 2
  • Max Payne
  • Battlefield 1942
  • Rome: Total War
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#13 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

HL2

Deus Ex 1

Max Payne 1/2

Thief 2-3

Left 4 Dead 2

The Witcher

Batman: AA

COD: MW 1

Company of Heroes.

Bioshock 1

scottahuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 scottahuch
Member since 2003 • 1580 Posts

I haven't really played very many PC games... but

1. Half Life 2 + Episodes

- I'm not a huge fan of FPS games, but this one simply blew me away. HL2+HL1 are really the only singleplayer FPS games that I have loved. Bioshock was okay, but I never completed it, as it really did nothing to impress me.

2. Dragon Age: Origins

- This game was just great, although it contained many flaws (in my eyes).

3. Unreal Tournament 2004

- I played this game for months online after I got it, had a lot of good times.

4. World of Warcraft

- I started out 3 years ago when The Burning Crusade was released, I still play it today, but so far Wrath of the Lich King has kind of been a disappointment.

5. You'll probably want to kill me for saying this, but... Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc

- It's weird, I know... but I have always loved, and will love platform/jumping style games.

That's all I can really think of... I haven't played very many PC games, but these ones have just stuck with me for quite a while. I have played other games (Mass Effect 1, Bioshock, Crysis, Dead Space, STALKER, etc..) but I did not really get very much enjoyment out of them. I'm fairly picky with which games I do and do not like. I have spent a lot of time playing games, but I do not really have the competitive spirit, or the want to finish a game if I don't fully enjoy it.

My favourite gaming platform of all time would be the PC, just for modding, and being able to screw around in anything...But in all honesty, I have had the most fun playing my Game Boy Advance.

Yeah, I know that does sound a little contradictory.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts

Morrowind
Knights of the Old Republic
VtM - Bloodlines
Diablo 2
Mount&Blade
The Orange Box
Oblivion
Gothic 2+NotR
WoW
Fallout 3

kazakauskas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kazakauskas
Member since 2008 • 1332 Posts

10. Return To Castle Wolfenstein - This is the game that i have to thank for hooking me up on FPS games. Everytime i think about it i get that good nostalgic feeling.

9. Splinter Cell : Chaos Theory - This game is simply why childhood dream of what i wanted to be . Amazing single player campaign with very good Co-Op as dessert.

8. Left 4 Dead 2 - L4D hooked my up on series and i love that game , but L4D2 was everything i loved about first and more.

7. Stalker CoP - Stalker SoC showed how horror/survival games should be . CoP has everything i loved about SoC and more. Stalker isnt the game where i would want something different ... nah.. I want more of the same , just a bit better , and thats what i got with CoP.

6. Battlefield 1942 - king of all battlefield games. I played BF2 , BF 2142 ... Neither gave me so much fun as 1942. I still play it with my friends.

5. Dragon Age Origins - RPG that i was waiting for so long and didnt even know it. Simply amazing game wich i played more that most other games (still playing and still enjoying).

4. Call Of Duty 2 - for me its best in CoD series, thats should explain everything.

3. Civilization 4 - countless hours spent alone and with my friends playing. "Good" or even "very good" arent the words for this game , "Superb" - thats the word im looking fore.

2. Mass Effect 1/2 - Mass Effect isnt Mass Effect without 1st or 2nd part . One of the few games that after beating it i wasnt happy and refreshed by this game, i was sad. Sad that i finished it and wished that i would only start it today for my first time.

1. Half Life 2 - This is my favorite game of all time . I spent so much time playing it that i could write walkthrough right now knowing where most of the enemies are.

Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts
  1. Warcraft 3: RoC & FT
  2. Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
  3. CoD 1 & 2
  4. FEAR
  5. HL 2 & Episodes
  6. C&C: Generals
  7. Witcher
  8. Quake 3
  9. AvP 2
  10. Modern Warfare 1

Game that held its "replay" value the longest and didn't want to let me go for some time was... World of Warcraft. Amazing game pre-expansion, lost interest after TBC came out when they started catering to the public a little too much.

NLahren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#19 NLahren
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts
far cry kotor 1 hl2 with episodes cod 4 bf 2 ut 2004 nfsu 2, most wanted bioshok gta vice city, san andreas
Solar-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solar-X
Member since 2010 • 510 Posts

Crysis

Diablo 2

Unreal Tournament 99 (was released 2000)

World of Warcraft

COD: MW

And that's all Ican think of atm.

Solar-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Solar-X
Member since 2010 • 510 Posts

Crysis

Unreal Tournament 99

WOW

Diablo 2

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Top Ten games from the last 10 years? From early 2000 to right now.......

From those that I've played in no particular order:

Battlefield 1942 + DCX

Half Life 2

Rome: Total War (and family)

IL-2 series: Shturmovik/Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters

Battlefield 2

Homeworld 2

C&C: Generals/Zero Hour - Don't care what anybody says. I liked it.

Crysis and Warhead

Flight Simulator X

.......... I'm still one short :D Heck with it.

Bioshock