Titanfall? More like LOLfall.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Seriously, a 53GB installation? Yeah, I think I'll skip trying out the game on Origin for free. What in the world were they thinking?

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Better get use to it, more and more games are going to be 30-50 gigs now that new consoles are out.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

it's all those amazing textures.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@klunt_bumskrint said:

it's all those amazing textures.

Yeah I heard they included 8K textures in there, you just need 8K monitor to be able to see the glorious detail.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#5  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

lmao

LOLfall?

How did Titanfail not register in your head instead?

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@illmatic87 said:

lmao

LOLfall?

That's what I was thinking...

Game is a turd in my opinion...and I had high hopes for it.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I liked it, but not 60 bucks liked it..... I put about 15 hours into it before I was done with it.... Now I am thinking about uninstalling it to get my 53gbs back....

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

Better get use to it, more and more games are going to be 30-50 gigs now that new consoles are out.

titanfail is only 50gigs because the devs were lazy and left the sound uncompressed in every language

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@illmatic87 said:

lmao

LOLfall?

I had the same thought. Titanfail is much better.

-Byshop

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Kjranu said:

Seriously, a 53GB installation? Yeah, I think I'll skip trying out the game on Origin for free. What in the world were they thinking?

We have come to the era of gamers where a game is judged based on it's install size.... so sad to see.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#11 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

First - it's TITANFAIL, get your terminology right.

Second,

@FelipeInside said:

We have come to the era of gamers where a game is judged based on it's install size.... so sad to see.

No because it is 20Gb of uncompressed audio. I'm judging it (among many other things) because of their moronic decision to pander to the lowest common denominator who's CPU can't handle audio compression -and- grafics calculations at the same time.

TuuPumpChump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 TuuPumpChump
Member since 2014 • 99 Posts

Got over 150 hours into it. Enjoying it immensely

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside

@SerOlmy said:

First - it's TITANFAIL, get your terminology right.

Second,

@FelipeInside said:

No because it is 20Gb of uncompressed audio. I'm judging it (among many other things) because of their moronic decision to pander to the lowest common denominator who's CPU can't handle audio compression -and- grafics calculations at the same time.

I still don't get why they did the uncompressed audio thing, and I'm afraid more and more developers are going down the same route.

I believe Shadow of Mordor did the same, the game is like 40GB (awesome game though)

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@Kjranu said:

This. It's seriously pathetic. Just a bunch of manbabys who love to constantly whine and cry about nothing. How hard is it to just download overnight if you have a slow connection?

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SerOlmy

@FelipeInside: Yeah it is irritating. I have an SSD and while they have a much longer life than they used to, unnecessary read/write cycles are particularly irritating to me. They should at least make the option to use compressed or uncompressed IMO. I'm looking at the Steam page for SoM and it says 25Gb, but recommended 40Gb, so I'm not sure. If they are going the uncompressed route, then that is unfortunate.

My guess is the consoles don't have the CPU headroom to run the audio compression (lol console hardware) and the game and still manage to get decent framerates. Which just shows how hilariously underpowered they are. And how lazy the devs are to not include the option on the PC.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

53gb is pretty big... would take almost 4 hours to dl all of it.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

I still don't get why they did the uncompressed audio thing, and I'm afraid more and more developers are going down the same route.

I believe Shadow of Mordor did the same, the game is like 40GB (awesome game though)

Forget SoM, I just looked on steam and NBA 2k15 is 50GB, and here's the kicker... Its only English audio.

Seriously wtf is happening now-a-days?

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SerOlmy

@GTR12: They think everyone has 10mbs download speed. It is getting to the point where I may have to start buying hard-copies again, because 50Gb is 2 days for me. I don't have any data caps, but I barely make .5 down on DSL. I can't even trust Comcast to keep my HD channels from pixelating despite numerous service calls, I sure as hell can't trust them to not drop half my network packets if I switch to cable internet.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

@SerOlmy said:

@GTR12: They think everyone has 10mbs download speed. It is getting to the point where I may have to start buying hard-copies again, because 50Gb is 2 days for me. I don't have any data caps, but I barely make .5 down on DSL. I can't even trust Comcast to keep my HD channels from pixelating despite numerous service calls, I sure as hell can't trust them to not drop half my network packets if I switch to cable internet.

I have about 12Mbps download, and that's pretty good speed for Australia, but even then for something like Titanfall I went out and bought the hard copy, because I only have 150GB quota (download/upload) x month.

In a few weeks I'll be moving to a new house and have fibre there (happy), but it's still only 200GB x month.