Titanfall is a 49gb install.....why

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by FelipeInside (25457 posts) -
#52 Edited by Ribstaylor1 (470 posts) -

I call bullshit. I doubt the audio is taking up that much space. And if it is WTF were they thinking. Low end machines generally have tiny ass 500gb hard drives or less, so giving them a 49gb download is probably more of a limiting factor on shitty machines then the compressed audio.

#53 Posted by cyloninside (496 posts) -

@cyloninside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

The file sizes are disproportionately large due to the uncompressed 7-channel digital audio and high resolution texture files. Normally game files are compressed on the game discs. Leaving the files uncompressed enables lossless 7.1 Dolby TrueHD Surround Sound audio.

LOL at high resolution textures....

you mean these?

that is a ground texture on "INSANE" settings... you know... the setting that REQUIRES you to have a 3GB VRAM graphics card? i have posted others from HIGH settings and they are pretty much equally as bad.

"high resolution textures" rofl... what a fucking joke.

It's a first person shooter, what the hell are you doing staring at the ground anyway?

no excuse. im sorry but it isnt.

#54 Posted by FelipeInside (25457 posts) -

I call bullshit. I doubt the audio is taking up that much space. And if it is WTF were they thinking. Low end machines generally have tiny ass 500gb hard drives or less, so giving them a 49gb download is probably more of a limiting factor on shitty machines then the compressed audio.

Uncompressed.

#55 Posted by amafi (10 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@the_bi99man said:

@mhofever said:

Maybe EA has crap tons of DLC in the game files and you'd have to unlock them later on by paying for them.

I would not be the least bit surprised.

It's uncompressed audio and every language pack made for the game. You have no choice but to download it all. i.e laziness

Wonder if the other language packs can be safely swapped out for dummy files. I'm on all SSDs here, because fuck a mechanical drive.

#56 Posted by Ribstaylor1 (470 posts) -

@FelipeInside: I understand that. But this game comes no where near the size of audio say MGS4 uses and it was only slightly larger in size on disk, and that game has hours and hours of dialogue. I still think their is a large portion of dlc in there, though the audio might be uncompressed 35gbs of it sound extremely unrealistic when you take into acount other games of longer length and more and larger audio files.

#57 Edited by amafi (10 posts) -

@FelipeInside: I understand that. But this game comes no where near the size of audio say MGS4 uses and it was only slightly larger in size on disk, and that game has hours and hours of dialogue. I still think their is a large portion of dlc in there, though the audio might be uncompressed 35gbs of it sound extremely unrealistic when you take into acount other games of longer length and more and larger audio files.

I think you're underestimating how large uncompressed 7.1 audio files are.

#58 Posted by FelipeInside (25457 posts) -

But those other games had compressed audio probably.

Uncompressed audio means huge file sizes, especially with high bitrate and 7.1 channel encoding. I would still have preferred them using compressed audio, but who knows why they did it.

#59 Posted by wis3boi (31292 posts) -

@ribstaylor1 said:

Uncompressed audio means huge file sizes, especially with high bitrate and 7.1 channel encoding. I would still have preferred them using compressed audio, but who knows why they did it.

~30gb of it is language packs. It's really dumb

#60 Posted by FelipeInside (25457 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@ribstaylor1 said:

~30gb of it is language packs. It's really dumb

If so then there should be an option to choose what language pack you want installed.