TI3 Starts on Friday - Who's Pumped?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

http://www.dota2.com/international/home/overview/

Coincidentally I have two weeks of vacation starting August 3rd, couldn't plan that any better.

Anyone else as excited as I am for this event? 

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
First I've heard of it.
frankopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 frankopan
Member since 2005 • 186 Posts

I regularly watch LCS so it will be interesting to compare it to this. I bought the compendium a week ago and have only just learned how to use lol.

Priapus101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Priapus101
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

Super pumped for TI3. 9 days, top 16 teams from across the globe, $2.75million up for grabs. 

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

It's gonna be huge for DotA. This is basically where it all begin, the first huge tournament after the game's official release.

I'm hooking up my PCs and laptops to the TVs, I'm gonna have friends over as well and watch all streams. I've been waiting for this.

KinehdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KinehdX
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

This is where a bunch of kids pretend they are professional sports players and get paid to play a video game on stage. Exciting.SKaREO

you say this under the impression that professional sports players are anything special, or should be getting paid as much as they do. 

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
This is where a bunch of kids pretend they are professional sports players and get paid to play a video game on stage. Exciting.SKaREO
Coming from the guy who spends thousands of dollars on the same game. What's the matter? You're not good enough as these "kids" to get paid? You are the one doing the paying, lol. Keep failing.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
[QUOTE="SKaREO"]This is where a bunch of kids pretend they are professional sports players and get paid to play a video game on stage. Exciting.FelipeInside
Coming from the guy who spends thousands of dollars on the same game. What's the matter? You're not good enough as these "kids" to get paid? You are the one doing the paying, lol. Keep failing.

I don't understand your hostility. I don't play video games for a living, because then they would stop being entertainment and start being my job. I'm happy to be a self-employed millionaire and my ego needs no justification to remain intact.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="SKaREO"]This is where a bunch of kids pretend they are professional sports players and get paid to play a video game on stage. Exciting.SKaREO

I don't understand your hostility. I don't play video games for a living, because then they would stop being entertainment and start being my job. I'm happy to be a self-employed millionaire and my ego needs no justification to remain intact.

No hostility here, just trying to get you to move out from home so your mum can rent out the basement.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SKaREO
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="SKaREO"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Coming from the guy who spends thousands of dollars on the same game. What's the matter? You're not good enough as these "kids" to get paid? You are the one doing the paying, lol. Keep failing.

No hostility here, just trying to get you to move out from home so your mum can rent out the basement.

I really have no words to describe your ignorance.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="SKaREO"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="SKaREO"] I don't understand your hostility. I don't play video games for a living, because then they would stop being entertainment and start being my job. I'm happy to be a self-employed millionaire and my ego needs no justification to remain intact.

I really have no words to describe your ignorance.

You calling me ignorant. Oh the irony burns my eyes !!!
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 whitey_rolls

It's gonna be huge for DotA. This is basically where it all begin, the first huge tournament after the game's official release.

I'm hooking up my PCs and laptops to the TVs, I'm gonna have friends over as well and watch all streams. I've been waiting for this.

QQabitmoar
That's my plan as well.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

whitey_rolls

That's my plan as well.

So wait. The winner (person or team?) gets $2 million dollars in prize money?

That is CRAZY !!!

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts

[QUOTE="whitey_rolls"][QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

FelipeInside

That's my plan as well.

So wait. The winner (person or team?) gets $2 million dollars in prize money?

That is CRAZY !!!

Not $2 million, but as of right now $1,378,013 for first (scroll down a bit to see the breakdown for 1st-8th) divided amongst the five players.

EDIT: Forgot to put my thoughts on TI; basically TI2 is the event that got me really interested in eSports in general and I remember getting chills when watching Na'Vi march through the upper bracket. I have no doubt that this year's TI will be just as memorable. Gonna be watching with some friends, already have our compendiums filled out too :P.

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
Oh look a jealous moron.
MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

So is it too late to buy a compendium? Also is it better to watch these tournaments on a stream or in Dota 2? I have never watched a tournament match in Dota 2 so I am not sure how it works.

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MacBoomStick

So is it too late to buy a compendium? Also is it better to watch these tournaments on a stream or in Dota 2? I have never watched a tournament match in Dota 2 so I am not sure how it works.

MacBoomStick
Also are the times on the valve site in PST?
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 whitey_rolls
[QUOTE="MacBoomStick"]

MacBoomStick
Also are the times on the valve site in PST?

Times are PST and I'm sure you can still buy a compendium, if you want it do it fast because you can do predictions in it but they are locked soon.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="SKaREO"]This is where a bunch of kids pretend they are professional sports players and get paid to play a video game on stage. Exciting.gunmaster55555
Oh look a jealous moron.

Couldn't have said it better myself.... Keyword: JEALOUS as JELLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-64b76bd048860

MacBoomStick

Pretty much how I did it last year was before the matches started, I would watch the stream because of the analysts and commentators. Then when the game starts (the drafting phase to be specific), I mute the stream and watch in game because there's no better quality than watching in the actual game itself. If you watch inside the game, you get to pick which commentators you want to listen to, you can control the camera if you want (or let the broadcasters do it), you can watch exactly how the players play through their perspective, etc.

I think you have until the end of the event to buy a Compendium, you get all the perks of having one except for doing the event predictions which are just there for bragging rights IIRC.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SKaREO
Hey let's meet up at the bar and watch Dota 2 tournaments. Not like we wanted to pick up girls anyway.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside
Hey let's meet up at the bar and watch Dota 2 tournaments. Not like we wanted to pick up girls anyway.SKaREO
Coming from the guy who spends thousands of dollars on the same game and hasn't left home yet.
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 whitey_rolls
Hey let's meet up at the bar and watch Dota 2 tournaments. Not like we wanted to pick up girls anyway.SKaREO
I'm married so you are correct I wouldn't be looking to pick up girls.
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
I am amused by you guys feeding the obvious troll over and over.
SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#27 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

So exciting that you opened the exact same thread a year ago. 

Seriously, what are you on about ?

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
SKaREO gets off on people replying to his posts. I dont know why anyone bothers. I ignore everything he posts. Trolls eventually get bored when unfed.
bunny569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bunny569
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts
I like my girls to be manly that's why i go to the bar and watch dota 2, and every bar gets packed just for dota 2! even my local bar has dota 2 posters outside it's so awesome, i walked in and saw some nice thick looking women, i turned into a dota 2 fan then and there!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-64b76bd048860

Four games going on at the same time today for the preliminaries; Multitwitch stream courtesy of CyborgMatt.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#31 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

This thread really sucks.SKaREO

Almost every single thread you post in ends up sucking..

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SKaREO
 Nope. That's not an unemployment line. Those are professional athletes.
SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#34 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

Ok you might as well return your old sig :lol:

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="SKaREO"] Nope. That's not an unemployment line. Those are professional athletes.

All those "pro" athletes earn more than you and get laid more often than you.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
The US government considers e-sports as sports. After a nudge from Riot of course. Pro gamers can now get the same types of visas that athletes do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-64b76bd048860
How's everyone enjoying the games? Fantastic first day yesterday, hopefully today is just the same :D
MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MacBoomStick
How's everyone enjoying the games? Fantastic first day yesterday, hopefully today is just the same :DFPS_Gamer123
It was the second day of prelims actually. And yeah, some of the games have been fantastic.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
How's everyone enjoying the games? Fantastic first day yesterday, hopefully today is just the same :DFPS_Gamer123
I didn't think the chinese would get rekt so hard.
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 whitey_rolls
[QUOTE="FPS_Gamer123"]How's everyone enjoying the games? Fantastic first day yesterday, hopefully today is just the same :Dshakmaster13
I didn't think the chinese would get rekt so hard.

They are definitely behind the Western Scene it seems, that includes IG who has had a mediocre 2013. The best Chinese team is probably LGD China and even they haven't played that great, but did take a game off of Na'Vi today. Overall Alliance should be the favourite going into the main tournament.