thinking of playing WoW

This topic is locked from further discussion.

integra3g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 integra3g
Member since 2004 • 97 Posts
Well this would be my second mmorpg the first being final fantasy that i was playin on my pc then moved over to the xbox version. I know i will start off with a trial pass to see if i really like it but if i do like it what are somethings are should know before stepping into the real game. i know about the fee and its not much more than ffxi im also interested in the new classes that are in tbc. will i have to do anything extra besides buy the expansion to get these new races. also for anybody that played both ffxi and wow is the tanking for the warrior basically the same and what about the paladin class. 
laineter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 laineter
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts
WOW is such a good game and it is easy to understand and play. So don't think twice just bought and I'm pretty sure you'll gonna love this game. Paladin class this is a combination of a fighter and crelic you get the attack abilities of a fighter and the spell casting for a cleric. In addition some of the more interesting weapons in the game can only be used by a paladin. :D
venomblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 venomblack
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts
Tanks are warriors. Paladins can't hold aggro like a warrior can.
brennan40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 brennan40
Member since 2006 • 223 Posts
I too am an ffxi player, but I can't dedicate the time to the game anymore. Is it time consuming and party based? or more solo (at a reasonable rate of exp gain). Also how easy is it to start up ? In other words, do you need to farm a long period (months) just to get a foot in the game ?
bretg80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 bretg80
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts
Nope, WoW is about the most newb friendly MMO ever made. You don't have to farm at all until you get to the end of the game, and depending on which class you choose you can solo pretty much all of the entire game. The game is meant to be played in small sittings at a time, but once you start you won't be able to stop. Good luck.
brennan40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brennan40
well i tried out the trial twice. got a druid and rogue, are they solo friendly ( I know they were in the early levels) ? I really enjoyed those 2 out of the bunch.
venomblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 venomblack
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts
well i tried out the trial twice. got a druid and rogue, are they solo friendly ( I know they were in the early levels) ? I really enjoyed those 2 out of the bunch.brennan40
Yes and Yes. But for instances, you're gonna need a group no matter what class you pick.
brennan40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 brennan40
ok I understand what you're saying. Thanks much for the info. I'll be giving it a try sometime soon.
hypnotoad8128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 hypnotoad8128
Member since 2007 • 474 Posts
Congratulations! Have fun losing your life to this game.
Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts
i just started wow again after a few months away. no matter what i do it always drags me back lol. Just to back up what others have said wow is an amazing game and very easy to learn and play. I don't have the time to play much these days but still find it so much fun and easy. have fun :-)