The craziest thing a game made you do?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

someone6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 someone6669
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts
As the title suggests... What is the craziest thing a game had made you do?
For me, when I was a kid, I used to play TwinBee on the NES, one day I got killed very near to the end of the game, and I actually pulled the cartridge out of the NES and threw it (the cartridge, not the NES) out of the window! True story. I found the bits and pieces in the street a few days later (I live in 20th floor). It was one of those moments when you get really really crazy.

What crazy moments did you have because of a video game?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78b683675c5
deactivated-5d78b683675c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5d78b683675c5
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts
I don't remember what game but i remember i couldn't get past this one part and it pissed me off so much that i used the cord to swing the controller on the ground and it broke, and my ps1 that was laying on the ground, kinda funny when i think about it
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
I used to be a pretty big dick to my sister. She used to love watching me play games (especially Shinning Force and Final Fantast (nes)). but the only way I allowed her to watch is if she sat at least 5 feet from me and was not allow to say a single solitary word. If I died, or if she talked, i blamed it on her and would chase her around the house. Man...I was mean to here lol...
FrozeN__54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FrozeN__54
Member since 2005 • 3434 Posts
I used to be a pretty big dick to my sister. She used to love watching me play games (especially Shinning Force and Final Fantast (nes)). but the only way I allowed her to watch is if she sat at least 5 feet from me and was not allow to say a single solitary word. If I died, or if she talked, i blamed it on her and would chase her around the house. Man...I was mean to here lol...dnuggs40
Haha :P All I've done is swear really loud and hit my desk really hard. Hurt like hell!
owskie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 owskie
Member since 2003 • 425 Posts
umm well back in n64 days i was playing tony hawk 2 was getting really far then i wouldn stop crashing made me so mad i snapped the controller in 2. and sadly i didnt learn my lesson and did it to 2 other contorllers one of which wasnt mine.
InfinitiLvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 InfinitiLvr
Member since 2004 • 89 Posts
Usually when a game does not work on my computer, I hit the desk really hard.
7ate9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 7ate9
Member since 2003 • 72 Posts
A long time ago my mom used to yell at me and tell me to stop playing when she heard me cursing and smashing things. Now my girlfriend yells at me and tells me to stop playing when she hears me cursing and smashing things. I've been demoted to Windows Solitaire only.
1Lonehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 1Lonehawk
Member since 2005 • 873 Posts
I used to get frustrated really easily (but I'm much better now! :P ) I remember one time about 7 or 8 years ago, i don't recall the game (might have been one of the SFC ones but not sure) i got so PO'd at a game, (it had crashed yet again! ) that I actually picked up my monitor, lifted it over my head and was ready to throw it at the nearest wall. I held it there for what seemed like a full minute, trembling and grumbling with frustration, fighting with the thought, "should I or shouldn't I toss this **&^##%&& * thing?!" Well, luckily, i regained my composure, gently put it down and no harm was done. (thank goodness the cord and power cord reached over my head! ) But still, it was "almost" the craziest thing a game ever made me do. :D
thewilyranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 thewilyranger
Member since 2004 • 319 Posts
Nothing out of the ordinary other than screaming, hitting my desk, spiking the keyboard, and praises to the dark lord.
LTZH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 LTZH
Member since 2003 • 2704 Posts
I used to be a pretty big dick to my sister. She used to love watching me play games (especially Shinning Force and Final Fantast (nes)). but the only way I allowed her to watch is if she sat at least 5 feet from me and was not allow to say a single solitary word. If I died, or if she talked, i blamed it on her and would chase her around the house. Man...I was mean to here lol...dnuggs40
lol thats funny. But for me, when I used to play MMOs and if I failed in something I got really pissed off and I punched my comp desk so hard that my fan on the computer case broke, so I stopped playing MMOs, I had real anger problems... now life is good.
Frags-o-Plenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Frags-o-Plenty
Member since 2006 • 2129 Posts
I remember I was playing some game on the N64. I think it was a racing game of some sort. Either way, I had been stuck on one part for about four hours, and something just kind of snapped. I ripped one of the blinds off the nearest window and started beating the console with it. It took me about a minute to realize my neighbor was standing right outside, wondering what the hell was going on. At that point I just kind of stopped and said something along the lines of "Oh. Hi. So. How are you?" He just walked off.
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts
I've never actually broken anything... but i have shouted and hit the desk before when something doesnt work.!
Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
i went on a murderous killing spree nah only messing i got pissed off so much one day a yanked my keyboard right out of its socket
zayl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zayl99
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
I once got so frustrated that I turned my N64 off lol. Not really that much is it. Anyway, I've been finding more and more threads in this board that should probably be in the General Games section, this being one of them.
09n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 09n
Member since 2005 • 386 Posts
Same with my sister. She really used to bug me, so once, I stole her game boy from and released her favourate pokemon. She cried all night. I was a wee bit vindictive as a 10 year old.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Just the usual shouting, hitting the desk with my fist and/or head and thumping the door. I did used to get really angry but now im quite a bit better...
Cobra5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cobra5
Member since 2006 • 1949 Posts
I've never been one to get angry at games, if something is bothering me about it, I ussually either keep trying till I get it, or stop playing for a while. I get a little snappy sometimes though if someone is with me.

Anyway, this one time me and a friend were playing Rainbow Six: Raven Shield LAN together, and we were playing it all day and drinking coke etc (you know how LAN stuff goes). Well we were getting into it (If you've ever played it, its a pretty intense game) and our reflexes and nerves were getting shot, doubled by the fact we're hopped up on caffien, so we decide to take a break.

Me, I'm nearly twitching. We go to get more soda, there was this fly bothering us, and as my friend tried to swat it, it flew towards me, and I grabbed it straight out of the air.

We made a rule to not drink soda and play rainbow six at the same time from then on. Although I felt badass, like the karate kid or something haha...
DestroyerRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DestroyerRox
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

Threw my mouse up (I broke the cord) and it hit a lamp...

YHeloThar69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 YHeloThar69
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts
Yeah I was playing GTA3 and The Game was like Telling me "Go Shoot People" So I went on a Rampage at the Mall, Ended up killing 5 People, than I registered here, The Game told me to do that too.
nazaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 nazaric
Member since 2005 • 2026 Posts

lol i do that too except i do it with my bro

sloppy_sex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sloppy_sex
Member since 2007 • 171 Posts

CSS made me mad so i ripped the mouse buttons of and broke it lol.

gunstarherouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gunstarherouk
Member since 2004 • 339 Posts
i lost my job to playing planetside for 2weeks and forgetting to phone in sick/go to work lol dam that game was good.
racer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 racer360
Member since 2005 • 2422 Posts
back when i had my xbox 1 i got really pissed once and chucked my controller at the wall and it broke but all i do now is curse when i get pissed at a game or just take a break from it.the game that pisses me off the most is probably halo 2 so i dont play it as much as i used too cause it pisses me off easily
Pete5506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#24 Pete5506
Member since 2006 • 10112 Posts
Well I do get mad some times and wip my 360 controllers since they are wireless
blackcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 blackcee
Member since 2004 • 511 Posts

My girlfriend said I was sleeping with my hands up in the air like I was typing something and repeating "bombsite b,..bombsite b".

Must've had a long session of CS that night.

koza_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 koza_76
Member since 2005 • 338 Posts
When I was really young I rented a game for the SNES called 'Pit Fighter' (probably one of the worst games ever). Anyways I wouldn't be able to return it for no good reason, so I let it soak in a bucket of water for about 10 minutes. It still played though, so I tried scratching the chips that were sticking out on the underside of the cartridge, I don't remember if it worked or not after that. Went to local video store and said "The game doesn't work, can I trade it for a new one?"
h0wtehnub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 h0wtehnub
Member since 2006 • 730 Posts
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]I used to be a pretty big dick to my sister. She used to love watching me play games (especially Shinning Force and Final Fantast (nes)). but the only way I allowed her to watch is if she sat at least 5 feet from me and was not allow to say a single solitary word. If I died, or if she talked, i blamed it on her and would chase her around the house. Man...I was mean to here lol...09n
Same with my sister. She really used to bug me, so once, I stole her game boy from and released her favourate pokemon. She cried all night. I was a wee bit vindictive as a 10 year old.

Dude, you never mess with another person pokemon, thats... thats just cruel. I woulda cried all night too.. in fact i did once. I just my favorite pokemon, then for some reason the batteries fell out, and i.. i cried. i was like 8 at the time though... i still havent gotten over it though.
Avatar image for MIYAMOTOnext007
MIYAMOTOnext007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MIYAMOTOnext007
Member since 2006 • 3061 Posts
I was on a really hard part in Far Cry. I kept going slow through it for hours and would always die before I got to one of the save points. One of the times I died I got so mad I spit on my moniter. It was a lot of saliva too. I washed my moniter for so long after that. It was kinda stupid but I was so mad that it seemed like the right thing to do.
stanley4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 stanley4u
Member since 2003 • 44 Posts
i once got so mad at a game i was playing, i think silent storm, i punched my LCD 17' monitor and broke the damn thing. i had to go out and buy a new one. biggest mistake in gaming for me! $800 poorer and a lesoon learned folks!
Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts

I've broken 2 PC's one because i kicked it in as i got Blue screen of death and the other because my ISP cut off my internet as i forgot to pay the bill. I get quite angry and dont control my temper well.

Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts

i lost my job to playing planetside for 2weeks and forgetting to phone in sick/go to work lol dam that game was good.gunstarherouk

Happened to me too :D The good old days of the glowing Vanu Forceblade :) When they took that out i quit the game lol IMO it ruined it for me lol, that and CC.

yachtboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 yachtboy
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts
Many diff things like smashing controllers, cussing, threatening everyone around me, but it takes me a really long time to get mad enough to do something like break a controller or threaten someone. But I cool down fast....unlike my brothers...trust me if they get mad they are going to be a jerk for the rest of the day.
shabutie9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shabutie9000
Member since 2005 • 667 Posts
i dont remember what game it was, but it was on the n64. i got stuck on a level, i got so mad and threw the controller(which also took the whole console with it :lol: ) and hit my grandmas vase. it just hit it, nothing happend, it bobbed back and forth, and i was praying to god that it wouldnt fall off the table. so, of course it fell and shattered. lol
p1mptazt1k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 p1mptazt1k
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts
i remember i got rly pissed at my friend for switching the controllers at the end of mario party i threw the controller at his head.....yea not the best way to solve ur mario party problems
prince_of_doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 prince_of_doom
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts
My 7-year-old son gets really pissed off at games when he looses, and I try to explain to him that loosing is the fun part because you get to keep playing, that when you completed the game 100% you just don't play it anymore and that's no fun. But he doesn't seem to understand it the same way, so he screams and "curses" (in a childlish way) at the game.
As of me, one day I was LANning with one of my buddies and we went on without food for 2 days straight. We fell so weak and fainty! It was insane. By the time we did get something to eat we felt like energy was pumping up inside of us again, we were getting revived or something, hah! It was nuts!

BugCatchingNet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BugCatchingNet
Member since 2006 • 143 Posts
I used to beat up my little brother when he would beat me in SNES Street Fighter 2. I have since apologized.
vicscrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 vicscrape
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts
I would just hit my console really hard but I never really broke any of them.:P
When I get frustrated at my PC I would hit the keyborad or my PC table (which is made of glass by the way:wink:)
but again I didnt break it
Hiroytuza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hiroytuza
Member since 2005 • 73 Posts

in my PSX days, i bought FF VIII because i had played almost all other FF games and i could not wait to play that sequel..

I have to say that i hated FF VIII..a horrible game for me....awfull really...so the 4 cds became like 40000 little cds when i crashed them against my bedroom wall..true story..i was really mad

Ultimecia my ass... :D

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

hahaha some nice stories on here.

Well i got so mad at BF2 than i body slammed my chair and broke it.

Also i have a XPS from.... maybe 2-3 years ago and they have these doors that are sortta flimys adn i ripped it off once and threw it out of the room.

Stupid bf2.............

arangadillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 arangadillo
Member since 2005 • 702 Posts
When i was a kid i would get so pissed playing nes i would bite the controler while hissing. i remember another time when my mom and i were playing mario bros. (not super) A month monster killed me and i yelled "motherf%cker" my mom smacked me and made me stay in my room for the rest of the day. When I was a senior in HS I broke up with my girl and played hookey for about a week from school to play FF VII. the funny part is that I actually did get sick. However recently there hasn't been a game good enough to get me hooked like I use to be. I'd say asassin's creed is going to make me by a next gen console. 360 or PS3?
BLiTZv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BLiTZv3
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts
I broke 4 mouse in a 2004....record I guess. But I'm really cautious about my mx518 now.
soad_kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 soad_kickass
Member since 2006 • 212 Posts
Spiking my keyboard over and over again, so I have 9 broken keyboard in my room...
portujoel5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 portujoel5
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
It can't get any worst than the Angry german Kid... check
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
Games dont make you do crazy things....   unless there is something wrong with you.
truetilldeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 truetilldeath
Member since 2004 • 756 Posts
FFVII , THE END OF THE FIRST CD.
You all know what im talking about, the only game to emotionally drive me in my playing experience, seriously, I feel corny.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
Nothing unusual, it's only a game.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I broke 2 Logitechs / 2 Amigo basic optical mouses mouses while playing games . Few days i broke my Logitech Keyboards 'spacebar' button .

All happened while playing games .I think i get rough with my mouse / keyboard while playing games . 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 105506
Member since 2004 • 5285 Posts
way back then i bought Sonic R then installed and didnt work, returned it and got another one then nothing..,did it again and no luck still. I got so mad that i punched my screen so hard that it shut off. I turned it on and became greenish. i still have the greenish *feels damned*
yachtboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 yachtboy
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts

It can't get any worst than the Angry german Kid... checkportujoel5

True

DodgerX011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DodgerX011
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Alright here i go.

I broke 3x consol controlers, 4 or 5 mice (no, not the once that are alive, the plastic once), about 6 keyboards and the most expansive item would be my 3D card that was 300$ when i bought it.

But like most people here, i have been clean for maybe 1 year now, dont remeber braking anything since then. I dont quite remeber what game pissed me the most, but i'm sure they were mostly shooting games and maybe some driving games.