The best places to buy pc games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Peanut04_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Peanut04_basic
Member since 2002 • 724 Posts

I have a mid-range gaming pc, which I will be upgrading soon, but I haven't really been what anyone would consider an avid pc gamer since the late 80ies. The last game I bought for the pc was World of Warcraft when it launched, but I never played it religiously. I quit playing it completely about a year after Burning Crusade came out. I have stayed/prefered to play primarily with consoles. I recently decided to go back to the PC full time and drop consoles, with the exception of Nintendo. My question is, where are the best places to buy games for the pc? Obviously, I know about retail stores and I have a steam account, but for the most part, I have been pretty oblivious to pc games. I am just wondering where everyone likes to buy their games from.

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

There is Green Man Gaming. I know thats good. Amazon has some really good deals form time to time as well.

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
Amazon is good and Steam as well. Green man gaming, cdkeyhouse.com. You missed the big black friday sale so just wait for the christmas sale.
MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts
Amazon is good and Steam as well. Green man gaming, cdkeyhouse.com. You missed the big black friday sale so just wait for the christmas sale. Realmjumper
THIS ^^ if you want to buy VERY cheap GOOD games wait until the steam winter sale you will not be disappointed.
leif3141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 leif3141
Member since 2010 • 133 Posts

GOG.com has a lot of cooler older non DRM games with some new ones as well. Lots of sales like steam as well, and user reviews!

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Steam, Amazon Digital, GOG, and Green Man Gaming

Peanut04_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Peanut04_basic
Member since 2002 • 724 Posts
Thanks for all the replies so far. I'll look up everything you guys mentioned and bookmark the sites for future reference.
Amazon is good and Steam as well. Green man gaming, cdkeyhouse.com. You missed the big black friday sale so just wait for the christmas sale. Realmjumper
Yeah, I had seen the steam sale, but by the time I noticed it only the last two days of the sale were still up. I just figured everything would come back up on sale eventually.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#8 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Amazon, Steam and GoG are my go to for purchases.

GoG is best for the older cIassics and they're all DRM free. Steam and Amazon have some ridiculous deals on great games, new and old.

I also used GameFly's service to get BioShock for free when they had that promo and have noticed that they offer some decent discounts as well on PC games, though their line-up looks more catered to new games. I also use Origin for the new EA games, but that's not really worth it since their older games are on Steam anyway.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Amazon, Green Man Gaming, Gamersgate, GOG. Those are the only ones I remember right now.
Nintatterdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nintatterdemon
Member since 2010 • 69 Posts
Amazon and Steam are pretty much the only places I bother with.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Amazon.com for retail pc games and they also have a good selection and deals for downloadable games but I prefer gamersgate.com as far as client less DD stores go. Steam is my main source to buy pc games and my favorite DD client. Your restricted by steam a bit but the convenience factor and integration factor are pluses and the prices are so cheap and deals a plenty but pretty much all the DD stores are like that now. Other places are GOG.com for drm free classic pc games that have been tested to work on modern pc and os they also offer some modern games and tend to pack alot of digital extras. Greenman Gaming tends to have some pretty good pre-order deals altough I have personally never used them.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Steam, Amazon Digital, GOG, and Green Man Gaming

BPoole96
This list is about as complete as it gets. There won't be many games that don't make it onto at least one of these places.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Steam and Amazon are my main sources, but GOG and Greenmangaming are also amazing places to buy from.

TruSake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TruSake
Member since 2005 • 500 Posts

support your local retail store

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Retail is still the best for me. Sorry all you DD fans.