Sword Coast Legends - Dungeon Master

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Looking great.

Campaign Walkthrough here for those that haven't seen it:

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

That was kinda restricitive.

I was hoping of being able to create loot as well, enemies with interesting effects and potential skill checks. Even directly tampering with players. Looks like this will not even come close to replacing a proper DM.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside

@Maroxad said:

I was hoping of being able to create loot as well, enemies with interesting effects and potential skill checks. Looks like this will not even come close to replacing a proper DM.

Well it's only the first video, and they are listening to feedback... so maybe more features will come with time.

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GoodKingMog
Member since 2015 • 167 Posts

looks fantastic.

i have been horribly disappointed with Pillars of Eternity. i know it got great reviews.... but i literally hate almost everything about the game. while the writing is well done, the actual story is just awful.... the characters arent that diverse OR likable... the combat is probably the worst i have seen... and the art style is just ugly.

i hope this brings a better bauldurs gate/neverwinter type experience....

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@Maroxad said:

I was hoping of being able to create loot as well, enemies with interesting effects and potential skill checks. Looks like this will not even come close to replacing a proper DM.

Well it's only the first video, and they are listening to feedback... so maybe more features will come with time.

Seemed to me like future videos were going to focus on other elements.

IF you cannot directly interact with players, this is gonna be lame, good, ill and comical, this is going to be really disappointing. There seemed to be nothing to impact roleplaying itself. Nothing one could do that wouldnt get old after a few hours.

At least, this DM attempt seems better than what BioWare were trying to do, which seemed to be built around killing the adventurers rather than create a good time.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

@Maroxad said:

@FelipeInside said:
@Maroxad said:

Seemed to me like future videos were going to focus on other elements.

IF you cannot directly interact with players, this is gonna be lame, good, ill and comical, this is going to be really disappointing. There seemed to be nothing to impact roleplaying itself. Nothing one could do that wouldnt get old after a few hours.

At least, this DM attempt seems better than what BioWare were trying to do, which seemed to be built around killing the adventurers rather than create a good time.

Will have to wait and see.

I'm mostly excited for the SP campaign. It's the closest I'll ever get to a Baldurs Gate 3.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
@FelipeInside said:

I'm mostly excited for the SP campaign. It's the closest I'll ever get to a Baldurs Gate 3.

Why ? All they've been doing is showing this mp stuff. Don't you think they'd be talking up and showing the sp campaign if it was a big deal ? There's no toolset to create adventures like NWN either, from what I've heard.

You'll be dead wrong on this one. Just go pick up Pillars of Eternity already and stop with this SCL nonsense.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside

@bussinrounds said:
@FelipeInside said:

Why ? All they've been doing is showing this mp stuff. Don't you think they'd be talking up and showing the sp campaign if it was a big deal ?

Ehh....I posted two videos, the second one is all about the SP Campaign.

Did you even watch it before commenting?

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bussinrounds

@FelipeInside said:

@bussinrounds said:
@FelipeInside said:

Why ? All they've been doing is showing this mp stuff. Don't you think they'd be talking up and showing the sp campaign if it was a big deal ?

Yea, I didn't see that one yet. Just watched it and wasn't too impressed though. Looks like a more casual type thing with younger gamers in mind.

If you really do want a BG3 type game and won't give Pillars a chance, I just don't know what to tell you. Doesn't make any sense.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FelipeInside

@bussinrounds said:

@FelipeInside said:

@bussinrounds said:
@FelipeInside said:

Yea, I didn't see that one yet. Just watched it and wasn't too impressed though. Looks like a more casual type thing with younger gamers in mind.

If you really do want a BG3 type game and won't give Pillars a chance, I just don't know what to tell you. Doesn't make any sense.

More casual thing? It's basically the same gameplay as Pillars just with a different graphics art style.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bussinrounds

@FelipeInside said:

@bussinrounds said:

@FelipeInside said:

@bussinrounds said:
@FelipeInside said:

More casual thing? It's basically the same gameplay as Pillars just with a different graphics art style.

Maybe from first glance it might appear that way to you, but look into the mechanics of each game a little deeper, come back and tell me that.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FelipeInside

@bussinrounds said:

@FelipeInside said:

@bussinrounds said:

@FelipeInside said:

@bussinrounds said:
@FelipeInside said:

Maybe from first glance it might appear that way to you, but look into the mechanics of each game a little deeper, come back and tell me that.

Ok, I'll take your word for it since you have obviously played both games....

I don't know what the issue is. Both games look great.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Not diggin the graphics, 2d would have been better, kinda reminds me of NW2, which also would have been better in 2d.