So. . . where's the review?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

You know the one.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Soonâ„¢

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

You are going to have be more specific about what review you are looking for please.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Haven't heard of any good game coming, unless you mean Divinity Original Sin

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Here ya go!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

Western front armies review ?

If I have to guess I'd say all the reviewers are on vacation.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Divinity? It's a ridiculously long game. I'm 43 hours in and am only about halfway through the second town

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

:D

I still haven't beat this game and I'm over 130 hours in

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#10 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

witcher 3 is still under dev, expect a review in february 2015

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58955 Posts

Since Witcher 3 is ridiculously prices (arrogantly) it should be scored lower.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#12 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

There are alot of good reviews for Divinity: OS out there already.

The ones that are waiting are either System Wars fanatics and people that just want their opinions reinforced to a game they already own.. Becaue really, about everyone that knows or is interested in Divinity: OS has already made a decision on whether to buy it (now), or not.

And if you're one that takes GS reviews and puts them in their higest regard (lol), then well, okay then wait. It's coming.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#13 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Here is the review .

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/divinity-original-sin-review/1900-6415819/

Divinity Original Sin 9/10 .

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Best rpg in years, well deserved 9/10

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@kozzy1234 said:

Original Sin has set the bar high.

Wasteland 2, Pillars, Torment 2, Dragon Age 3 and Witcher 3 have a lot to produce to equal it.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@kozzy1234 said:

Wasteland 2, Pillars, Torment 2, Dragon Age 3 and Witcher 3 have a lot to produce to equal it.

Hopefully they take notice and step up their game.

And Bioware.. LOL

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@kozzy1234 said:

None of those are really comparible to D:OS though. Wasteland 2 looks like a piece of crap. Twitcher 3 and Dragon Age 3 look like wecanbeskyrimtoo, Torment 2 will be a story driven game as opposed to gameplay driven like D:OS and Pillars will focus more on feeling like an adventure and will play like an Infinity Engine game.

I am glad Kevin took his time with the review, reviewing a 80ish hour long RPG after playing for 5 hours is redicilous.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@kozzy1234 said:

Indeed, I have played about 35 hours of wasteland 2 in alpha/beta and it is a very good Fallout1/2 style game so far. Pillars I am really excited for to as beside Larian and cd project, Obsidian are one of my fav devs.

What a time to be an old school rpg fan! Shadowrun expansion was great, Divinity is fantastic, Wasteland 2 is looking good so far and who knows what Obsidian is able to create for there first kickstarter game.

Excited to see Witcher 3 come out to of course, as for Dragon Age? Ill play it but I am not expecting to much compared to Pillars and the others. As the person above me said though they are all quite different games (although I disagree with wasteland 2 being crap, its actually pretty fun if you like fallout1/2/wasteland 1).

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

Kevin did a great job on that review.

I'm even more sold now than I was before, and after watching some gameplay on youtube. . . I was pretty sold.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

@Maroxad said:

@FelipeInside said:

@kozzy1234 said:

None of those are really comparible to D:OS though. Wasteland 2 looks like a piece of crap. Twitcher 3 and Dragon Age 3 look like wecanbeskyrimtoo, Torment 2 will be a story driven game as opposed to gameplay driven like D:OS and Pillars will focus more on feeling like an adventure and will play like an Infinity Engine game.

I am glad Kevin took his time with the review, reviewing a 80ish hour long RPG after playing for 5 hours is redicilous.

@bussinrounds

Ah damn, silly me comparing RPG games to an RPG game in a year where there are various RPG games coming out. My apologies, I'll compare Original Sin to Need for Speed next time :P

- Wasteland 2 I'm interested in because I never played part 1 which got good feedback. I also never got to play Fallout 1/2 and this looks like the next best thing.

- I never got to finish Torment 1 but what I played I enjoyed so I will probably try out part 2. Is the story related?

- Pillars is like the spiritual Baldurs Gate 3, where part 2 is still my favourite RPG of all time. It also has real time combat with pause which I love so definitely will buy it if feedback is good. Heck, I might even try to finish it.

- Dragon Age Origins was a nice RPG. DA2 was a mess. Dragon Age 3 looks a LOT better, definitely more care taken than part 2. It will be more action based than something like Original Sin, but that doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. Huge gorgeous world to explore, lots of fancy spell combats, heaps of characters and 4 man party. After watching the two gameplay videos I'm actually excited about it now.

- Witcher 3 just looks amazing all round. The Witcher games have gotten better and better with each part, and this one looks like the icing on the cake.

Great year for RPG fans. Wish I had more game time.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bussinrounds

@FelipeInside said:

- Wasteland 2 I'm interested in because I never played part 1 which got good feedback. I also never got to play Fallout 1/2

- I never got to finish Torment 1 but what I played I enjoyed

I don't get it. You talk as if the code to these games is locked away deep inside some vault or something.

I know you're a real busy guy, blah blah blah, but that better be your excuse for not getting to them yet and not...it's too late now cause they're too dated. True rpg fans ain't graphics whores, you know this.

(Wasteland 1 I'll give you a pass on)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

@bussinrounds said:

@FelipeInside said:

- Wasteland 2 I'm interested in because I never played part 1 which got good feedback. I also never got to play Fallout 1/2

- I never got to finish Torment 1 but what I played I enjoyed

I don't get it. You talk as if the code to these games is locked away deep inside some vault or something.

I know you're a real busy guy, blah blah blah, but that better be your excuse for not getting to them yet and not...it's too late now cause they're too dated. True rpg fans ain't graphics whores, you know this.

(Wasteland 1 I'll give you a pass on)

Again, I don't understand why my gametime is such a hot topic on these boards. Maybe cause I'm famous? lol.... :P

Yes, the only reason I'll never get to them is backlog and gametime. I like pretty graphics just like the next guy but that's not all I look for. I played "To the Moon" when it got released and loved that game. Heck, I played Postal for the first time this week.

As for dated, some games date more than others. For example I tried to get back into Torment a few years back and the whole way the UI worked sort of put me off a bit. When it launched it was fine because all games worked like that, but as games evolve so do gamers and sometimes it's hard to go back. Like I said, Baldurs Gate 2 is still my favourite RPG of all time, but I'm sure if I tried to play it now it wouldn't have the same impact as it had back then.

It mostly comes down to time. These days I go days without starting a game, and sometimes if I'm lucky I'll get a few hours in.... and Original Sin isn't the only game I play. I like to play a few quick matches of FIFA, if a friend is online we go BF4/COD/Titanfall/Garden Warfare, a few quick matches of Hearthstone if I'm in the mood for card games, and there's always SWTOR and Guild Wars 2 if I'm in the mood for MMOs. I try to vary my games so I don't get over-satured-bored with the same one.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bussinrounds

@FelipeInside: I hear ya. Had a feeling you were gonna bring up the UIs. It's really pretty minor in the grand scheme of things and you get used to anyway after a little while. There's no way that should be the determining factor that stops you from playing classics like Planescape, Fallout, ect..though, that's for sure.

I was playing Pool of Radiance last year and it did annoy me at first that I had to re memorize the spells all the time, when the later Gold Box games give you the fix command, say. But I sure as hell wasn't gonna let that stop me from playing one of the best RPGs ever.

I know ppl are different, as well as their tolerance for such things.....Just sayin !

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

@bussinrounds said:

@FelipeInside: I hear ya. Had a feeling you were gonna bring up the UIs. It's really pretty minor in the grand scheme of things and you get used to anyway after a little while. There's no way that should be the determining factor that stops you from playing classics like Planescape, Fallout, ect..though, that's for sure.

I was playing Pool of Radiance last year and it did annoy me at first that I had to re memorize the spells all the time, when the later Gold Box games give you the fix command, say. But I sure as hell wasn't gonna let that stop me from playing one of the best RPGs ever.

I know ppl are different, as well as their tolerance for such things.....Just sayin !

I think I used the wrong terminology.

I don't mind older UIs, it's more gameplay mechanics. For example Torment, it takes about 3-4 clicks, if I remember correctly, to just pick something up. These days it's a single click or just run over things.

I know this sounds minor, but it's not just that... it's the sum of all parts, making the game dated.

But to be honest, it really does come down to backlog and spare time.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I'm reviewing it right now, dog.