So when can we expect a price cut for the GTX Titan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CroidX (1298 posts) -

I'm building a new rig by the end of this year and was wondering when we will see a price reduction since it cost 1000 dollars as of now but I might get the GTX 780 since I heard it gives a simialr performance to a titan for less.

#2 Posted by gp19 (4247 posts) -
You can go with a GTX 780 rather than a Titan like you said, it's only 10-15% slower for $350 less. But if I were in your position and budget, I'd rather SLI 2 GTX 770s.
#3 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13640 posts) -

Not likely much ever.

#4 Posted by darksusperia (6943 posts) -

Not likely much ever.

GummiRaccoon
#5 Posted by LordEC911 (9972 posts) -

Not likely much ever.

GummiRaccoon

This. Maybe, and it is a big maybe, when it is EOL'ed but even then, it is a prosumer product and will probably stay right around $1k.

#6 Posted by CroidX (1298 posts) -

Don't prices normally drop when a new GPU series is release

#7 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

:lol:

#8 Posted by LordEC911 (9972 posts) -

Don't prices normally drop when a new GPU series is release

CroidX

Not on a card that has full speed DP.

#9 Posted by kipsta77 (1117 posts) -

Instead of dropping the price of the Titan, they brought out the GTX 780, its baby brother.

#10 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

I doubt we will ever see a price drop on the Titan.  It's just not that sort of card.  

#11 Posted by mastershake575 (8359 posts) -

I doubt they will dropped the prices. Reason I say is because the maxwell/volanic island series aren't that far away and its going to offer similiar performance for way less money (I wouldn't be suprised if an overclocked 860 ti/9950 gets at least titan performance for $300-375). The Titan will mearly phase out instead of having its price dropped

#12 Posted by tionmedon (468 posts) -

titan was a useless board............fap it..

#13 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2606 posts) -

titan was a useless board............fap it..

tionmedon

fapped.

#14 Posted by kraken2109 (13181 posts) -

Just get a 770. Or two.

#15 Posted by lhughey (4276 posts) -
There will always be people who need that much memory for multiple monitors. They probably don't produce enough of them to need to lower the price. Im sure they have limited inventory also
#16 Posted by LordEC911 (9972 posts) -

There will always be people who need that much memory for multiple monitors. They probably don't produce enough of them to need to lower the price. Im sure they have limited inventory alsolhughey

Not really...

#17 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6090 posts) -

when the Radeon 99xx cards release, and even then it will take 1-2 months after initial release.  Until then no price drop for you.  The radeon 99xx is releasing in december 2013, so expect titan to drop around february 2014, after which time nvidia will release their new gpu in march/april.