Slow dsl connection/game purchase

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

Hi guys,
my question is related to the frustration whenever I buy and download a digital game, since I have slow connection (if I'm lucky I get 3/4mb on the speedtest).

My question is whether anyone here has the same problem and resort to physical copy of games; I'm strictly talking about Pc games. Is there any site/store which sell physical copies of games and and have good deals?

Thanks

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

thank god no, 50+ Mbps

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Can't help you there unfortunately, in fact i remember thinking on my last trip to Gamespot just how terrible their inventory of physical PC games was.

Amazon would probably be your best bet.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@aia89 said:

Hi guys,

my question is related to the frustration whenever I buy and download a digital game, since I have slow connection (if I'm lucky I get 3/4mb on the speedtest).

My question is whether anyone here has the same problem and resort to physical copy of games; I'm strictly talking about Pc games. Is there any site/store which sell physical copies of games and and have good deals?

Thanks

we have a sh*** connection where i live ( 5mbps ) but i still prefer Digital copies even if it will take me 1-2 days to download them since they are way cheaper ( when they are on sale ) and way more convenient than physical copies ( of course i always keep a backup so i wont need to redownload them again )

Besides those days is quite hard to find physical copies for a lot of pc games outside big releases

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

@aia89: Hi! I too have suffered from the lousy Internet connection console... Its entirely frustrating when it take an hour to download something that should take a few minutes...

That said, this isn't a system wars topic, so I'm gonna move you this to pc discussion, given your question lies primarily within the pc world. I'm sure the good people on that board can give you some insight. Thanks!

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I normally go digital when I'm home in Canada. But the internet sucks where I am in Australia so I have to go with physical copies. I really like Amazon. Everything has been on time so far.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Here in the US, I saw physical copies on disc in several stores: Wal Mart, Target, K-Mart, etc. Most are okay. But, some may be problematic such as GTA V which requires a 5 GB patch before you can play it. The Steam digital version is fine. So, maybe Rockstar will fix the disc version with a more recent release.