Skyrim - Crash to Desktop Near Riften - Still Not Fixed Post Patch 1.9

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

Hey guys so Ive had this problem for a long while. Its the reason why I stopped playing until the problem was fixed. I heard that patch 1.9 dropped today so I went to reinstall the game and see if it works and still theres a no go. Ive tested with and without my mods and still it doesnt work. I get near Riften and it just CTDs. I dont know what to do or what settings to tweak of there even IS anything I can do. Does anyone know anything useful?

List of Mods: 

• Official HD Textures 1-3
  • Enhanced Distant Terrain
  • Enhanced Blood
  • Static Mesh Improvement
  • Horse Armor
  • Better Dynamic Snow
  • Better Water
  • Birds and Flocks
  • Realisitic Ragdoll and Force
  • More Village Animals

If I take off too many the game jsut freezes or doesnt load at all. I dont know what else to do. Ive verified the game cache and even took off and out SweetFX and still nothing. Let me know. Thanks. 

BeerMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BeerMage
Member since 2009 • 267 Posts

Try saving your game in a new slot, exit and then load the new save.

If you are using SKSE disable it temporarily.

Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gamesterpheonix

BeerMage
What is SKSE?
BeerMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BeerMage
Member since 2009 • 267 Posts

[QUOTE="BeerMage"]

Gamesterpheonix

What is SKSE?

Skyrim script extender. It's essential for some mods. If you need to ask then it means you don't have it. :p

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Take off all the mods and then put them back on ONE AT A TIME.

Sounds like a mod issue to me

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Sounds like a mod issue. I don't crash in Riften. Ever.

vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vicsrealms
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

Have you tried installing the Unofficial Patches?  They help with a lot of problems. 

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
Mod issue-load orders,incompatibilities,not enough memory, using mods that require too much memory, your comments clearly suggest you don't really know what you're doing.
Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

Have you made any changes to the uGridsToLoad setting in your ini file at all?

The higher you set it, the more unstable the game is. I was crashing to desktop all the time a while back until I realised mine was set too high.

Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gamesterpheonix
Mod issue-load orders,incompatibilities,not enough memory, using mods that require too much memory, your comments clearly suggest you don't really know what you're doing.JKnaperek
lol. Alright. Enlighten me. I understand what you've said but I dont know if those are the issues. Im running a i5 2500k at 4.2GHz, 8GB RAM, and a GTX 570 Superclocked...
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gamesterpheonix
lol well alright. Thanks everyone for your input. I decided to disable all mods except for the HiRez Textures because I knew doing that would freeze the computer. After doing that I was able to get to and into Riften. I decided to do away with all the other mods that might affect performance and that might cause other problems and Im happy. I put SweetFX back in and the game is beautiful and whole again. Also - in case anyone is wondering...Horse Armor was the trouble making mod that screwed everything up...I think. Im quite relieved nonetheless. I loved the game so much before that glitch and now thankfully...it has been resolved...
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

lol well alright. Thanks everyone for your input. I decided to disable all mods except for the HiRez Textures because I knew doing that would freeze the computer. After doing that I was able to get to and into Riften. I decided to do away with all the other mods that might affect performance and that might cause other problems and Im happy. I put SweetFX back in and the game is beautiful and whole again. Also - in case anyone is wondering...Horse Armor was the trouble making mod that screwed everything up...I think. Im quite relieved nonetheless. I loved the game so much before that glitch and now thankfully...it has been resolved...Gamesterpheonix

I cannot find this "SweetFX" mod you speak of

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
lol well alright. Thanks everyone for your input. I decided to disable all mods except for the HiRez Textures because I knew doing that would freeze the computer. After doing that I was able to get to and into Riften. I decided to do away with all the other mods that might affect performance and that might cause other problems and Im happy. I put SweetFX back in and the game is beautiful and whole again. Also - in case anyone is wondering...Horse Armor was the trouble making mod that screwed everything up...I think. Im quite relieved nonetheless. I loved the game so much before that glitch and now thankfully...it has been resolved...Gamesterpheonix
Glad you got it worked out, pay attention now to the mod you download. You never specified how much ram your gfx card even has. If you're downloading graphic mods intended for cards with 2gb+ of memory with a 1gb memory card, that's the problem and what I was eluding to. Often times the mod author has multiple versions of their mod for different setups. Now that you're "enlightened"- go jack up your Skyrim properly.