GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

http://www.gamersbook.com/News/Article/ID/1461/Middle-earth-Shadow-of-Mordor-Ultra-Textures-Setting-Requires-6GB-Of-VRAM-on-PC

What's that? you saw The Evil Within and you already angry about the 4Gb demands for ultra? well guess what? Monolith Productions f^cked up doing the same thing with Shadow of Mordor - but this time - BIGGER! how big? 6Gb VRAM BIG! - yes! does it look any better than Far Cry 3 or 4? nope, does it look any better than Crysis 2 ultra? nope. So?

Another poorly optimized, wouldn't say game yet but at least for the so called ultra settings it does.

So their basically saying unless you've got Titan Black, Titan Z or R9 295X2 - you can f^ck off because you're not being able to run this game on ultra settings.

There're 2 other cheaper solutions for this manner: you could get MSI 280X 6Gb version for 400$ or EVGA SC 780 6Gb edition for 600$.

If you've got any of those GPUs concider yourself to be lucky =)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

It's a conspiracy to deliberately inflate specs to push people towards consoles.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#3 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I don't get the issue here, you get better graphics than consoles and you can go one step ahead with ultra textures. That means this game will still look fairly good in 3 years because you can crank it up to ultra.

Just pretend high is the maximum setting unless you have a 6gb card, problem solved.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GeryGo  Moderator

@nutcrackr said:

I don't get the issue here, you get better graphics than consoles and you can go one step ahead with ultra textures. That means this game will still look fairly good in 3 years because you can crank it up to ultra.

Just pretend high is the maximum setting unless you have a 6gb card, problem solved.

You get better graphics than consoles that you can't run today unless you probably own a GPU that isn't meant for gaming, don't you see a problem here? you can do better graphics with todays GPUs, look at Nvidias' 9XX series, they're far more powerful than any console if not twice as powerful, why not getting advantage of that?

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@PredatorRules

bro it says its only different if u use ultra hd, no 4k no problem i would say however 3 gb for high settings is a lot too,

so pc enthuasiast enlight me here does shared system ram counrs towards requirements?

btw that screenshot looks pretty bad compared to those system requirements. Crysis 2 was a lot better than that and it didnt require 3 gb vram for1080p lol

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@humanistpotato said:

@PredatorRules

bro it says its only different if u use ultra hd, no 4k no problem i would say however 3 gb for high settings is a lot too,

so pc enthuasiast enlight me here does shared system ram counrs towards requirements?

btw that screenshot looks pretty bad compared to those system requirements. Crysis 2 was a lot better than that and it didnt require 3 gb vram for1080p lol

3Gb of VRAM is a standart today, so I don't mind that (see R9 280 and probably upcoming GTX960 will be the same)

What do you mean shared system RAM? do you mean using 2x 3Gb GPUs? it's not working this way, as far as I know.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Lol I start to think that those rumored 8GB VRAM GTX970 and GTX980 will be sold really fast...

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#8 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

You get better graphics than consoles that you can't run today unless you probably own a GPU that isn't meant for gaming, don't you see a problem here? you can do better graphics with todays GPUs, look at Nvidias' 9XX series, they're far more powerful than any console if not twice as powerful, why not getting advantage of that?

You get better graphics than consoles without Ultra textures. Ultra is just another step up.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GeryGo  Moderator

@nutcrackr said:

@PredatorRules said:

You get better graphics than consoles without Ultra textures. Ultra is just another step up.

It's a multi platform game, you get the exact same graphics with higher resolution, that's it.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

I'll be rockin medium on 768mb of vram.. Livin in the world of 720p console style for the last year+ Not worried. I do feel for those who actually love maxing out pc games. But hey going for outrageous settings does make the game graphically last as PC power increases. 2 years from now, you still can have something to look forward too. Linda like how GTA4 was on PC for a long time. Have no problem with it.

Same graphics? I kinda want to see how thigns will stack up. There seems to be some major options here unlike some multiplatforms that have like 3 options total.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

so i guess dragon age Inquisition will ask for 12 gb vram ,

the witcher 3 20 gb vram ,,

what the hell ????? 6 gb vram thats really stupid ..

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Coseniath
@Jawad2007 said:

so i guess dragon age Inquisition will ask for 12 gb vram ,

the witcher 3 20 gb vram ,,

what the hell ????? 6 gb vram thats really stupid ..

Half Life 3, 30gb VRAM!!! :P

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

@Coseniath: hahahaha , if you see hl 3 , they did not do anything , steam sales and benefit from games sales got them lazy . i promise you wont be seeing hl 3 for 100000 year . :P

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

It's a conspiracy to deliberately inflate specs to push people towards consoles.

horse..... shit.

your comments are a conspiracy to make me want to hang myself.

buckquarterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 buckquarterman
Member since 2008 • 123 Posts

How much VRAM wold be needed to max this game at 1024x768?

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

What if you just turned it on and it didn't do anything?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@humanistpotato said:

@PredatorRules

Says 1080p, not 4k :\ 6gb VRAM for a game released in a week is retarded. There's no way it puts that VRAM to proper use.

How do you install this Ultra HD texture pack anways?

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Nah. I suspect nVidia has a hand in this with Bethesda to inflate sales of a overpriced new top of the line graphics card. Sort of what nVidia did with Ubisoft and the Watch Dogs release, another hardware demanding game that underperformed.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Qixote said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Nah. I suspect nVidia has a hand in this with Bethesda to inflate sales of a overpriced new top of the line graphics card. Sort of what nVidia did with Ubisoft and the Watch Dogs release, another hardware demanding game that underperformed.

They don't really have any mainstream 6gb solutions...even the 980GTX is only 4gb. Doesn't make any sense. 3gb VRam for High and 6gb for Ultra makes zero sense. They'd have to have at least doubled the texture resolution of *everything*, and I really really doubt that's the case.

Unless, of course, we have the next Crysis on our hands here...

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#20 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

6gbs of vram lol wow. I can't wait to get this game sometime and test it out to see how much vram it actually uses.

Still though, i doubt theres any massive difference between high and ultra quality here... so if you have 4gbs of vram just run high quality and your eyes wont know any difference.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@Old_Gooseberry said:

6gbs of vram lol wow. I can't wait to get this game sometime and test it out to see how much vram it actually uses.

Still though, i doubt theres any massive difference between high and ultra quality here... so if you have 4gbs of vram just run high quality and your eyes wont know any difference.

I still think that whoever owns Cross/SLI with high end tier GPUs could run this on ultra (780 or higher/290 or higher), if they're not allowing potential raw GPU power - they'd really f&cked up the game.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Another COD ghosts on our hands here. Ghosts lied about the 6gb of ram deal, im sure this is lying about their VRAM too.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

i am gonna put it on ultra on my 2gb cards and see what happens.

I bet it will run fine with some stuttering here and there.( i am used it from playing so much modded skyrim)

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

i am gonna put it on ultra on my 2gb cards and see what happens.

I bet it will run fine with some stuttering here and there.( i am used it from playing so much modded skyrim)

gonna do the same thing with me 280x. Fuk the lags.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

It would have to look chuffing detailed to use 6Gb

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KHAndAnime

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Do you think so? Or will it be poorly optimized?

Taking bets!

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Coseniath
@KHAndAnime said:

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Taking bets!

Lol. I bet if you make a poll more than 80% will say crappy optimised...

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@Coseniath said:
@KHAndAnime said:

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Taking bets!

Lol. I bet if you make a poll more than 80% will say crappy optimised...

Yep

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts
@PredatorRules said:

http://www.gamersbook.com/News/Article/ID/1461/Middle-earth-Shadow-of-Mordor-Ultra-Textures-Setting-Requires-6GB-Of-VRAM-on-PC

What's that? you saw The Evil Within and you already angry about the 4Gb demands for ultra?

I think you got it wrong. Bethesda said they recommend 4GB just to play the game. They didn't say anything about running it on Ultra.

I'm expecting to play Shadow of mordor on ultra with my 3GB HD7950.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GeryGo  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:
@PredatorRules said:

What's that? you saw The Evil Within and you already angry about the 4Gb demands for ultra?

I think you got it wrong. Bethesda said they recommend 4GB just to play the game. They didn't say anything about running it on Ultra.

I'm expecting to play Shadow of mordor on ultra with my 3GB HD7950.

Recommended most of the time isn't even the best choice, you should aim higher when you see recommended.

As minial requirements are just a thing so you could run the game, they don't care if you run it at unplayable fps like 5-15, as long as you can "play" it - they covered their asses.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

But how is the game?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k

@PredatorRules said:

Recommended most of the time isn't even the best choice, you should aim higher when you see recommended.

As minial requirements are just a thing so you could run the game, they don't care if you run it at unplayable fps like 5-15, as long as you can "play" it - they covered their asses.

It differs from game to game.

I sometimes found minimum/recommended specs to be very close to my experience, and at other times it was just a big lie.

Like Wolfenstein recommended an i7. Yet I had no trouble maxing it out on an i5.

I hope The Evil Within is another one of those cases... but I dunno. Bethesda's communication was really weird. You can try running it on lesser hardware but they recommend 4GB anyway.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GeryGo  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:

@PredatorRules said:

I sometimes found minimum/recommended specs to be very close to my experience, and at other times it was just a big lie.

Like Wolfenstein recommended an i7. Yet I had no trouble maxing it out on an i5.

I hope The Evil Within is another one of those cases... but I dunno. Bethesda's communication was really weird. You can try running it on lesser hardware but they recommend 4GB anyway.

Wolfenstein had really bad optimization at some specific places where most game ran at 60, on some places for no real reason ran on 20.

There's a review already from GS about it, again not a word about the requirements or no bad stuff at all about the game, corrupted review? they did it before with GW2...

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I guess I'll stick with the console version then................

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@PredatorRules said:

Wolfenstein had really bad optimization at some specific places where most game ran at 60, on some places for no real reason ran on 20.

There's a review already from GS about it, again not a word about the requirements or no bad stuff at all about the game, corrupted review? they did it before with GW2...

But the Shadow of Morder review that went up was reviewed on PS4.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-review/1900-6415884/

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@behardy24 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@PredatorRules said:

But the Shadow of Morder review that went up was reviewed on PS4.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-review/1900-6415884/

Well, that expains...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k

@PredatorRules said:

ID tech 5 was far from a good thing for PC gamers: Rage, Wolfenstein and now The Evil Within. All of those have some insane requirements while they could run on 360 and PS3. LOL

It's also sad that the PS4 version always gets supplied for review purposes. Leaving PC gamers in the dark how well the game performs on their system. But luckily there are plenty of youtube channels that do go in to depth about PC versions.