Setting up PC to PS3 3D Display

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts

Hey I just got the PS3 3D Display as a monitor for my PC. I am using a DVI to HDMI converter in my PC, and using the HDMI cable to hook it up to the TV. I have been trying to get sound from the speakers, but the TV is hooked up to my graphics card, not my motherboard. I used a 3.5mm audio cable and plugged it in the headphone jack above the HDMI port, but so far I'm getting no sound. I'm wondering if there's any way of using the speakers if you hooking up a PC?

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

Hey I just got the PS3 3D Display as a monitor for my PC. I am using a DVI to HDMI converter in my PC, and using the HDMI cable to hook it up to the TV. I have been trying to get sound from the speakers, but the TV is hooked up to my graphics card, not my motherboard. I used a 3.5mm audio cable and plugged it in the headphone jack above the HDMI port, but so far I'm getting no sound. I'm wondering if there's any way of using the speakers if you hooking up a PC?

FPS1337

You can't use the DVI to HDMI convert because it will only convert the picture, meaning it won't carry the audio with it since your source is the DVI port which doesn't carry audio.

You can still use your normal PC speakers to produce sound. Right click the sound in the lower right and click playback devices and make sure your speakers are enabled and not ur HDMI audio.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts

[QUOTE="FPS1337"]

zaku101

You can't use the DVI to HDMI convert because it will only convert the picture, meaning it won't carry the audio with it since your source is the DVI port which doesn't carry audio.

You can still use your normal PC speakers to produce sound. Right click the sound in the lower right and click playback devices and make sure your speakers are enabled and not ur HDMI audio.

Ya i know that my DVI to HDMI converter only carries picture. I was wondering if I could get sound from my PS3 3D display cause I would like to use the TV speakers rather then my PC speakers.
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

[QUOTE="zaku101"]

[QUOTE="FPS1337"]

FPS1337

Ya i know that my DVI to HDMI converter only carries picture. I was wondering if I could get sound from my PS3 3D display cause I would like to use the TV speakers rather then my PC speakers.

From the looks of it yes, L-R left right speakers, just need a converter that converts that to a normal audio cable. I am just not sure if its going to force itself to play audio from the HDMI connection instead of the RCA connection, see if there's an option to chose the audio output.DVI to RCA would work for sure with the connector down below.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2011/11/3D-Display-Review-Inputs.jpg

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/8540i80588BC877B12B9E/image-size/medium?v=mpbl-1&px=-1