Ryse Son of Rome crappy port?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Ok, so the game does look great thanks to CryEngine but should it work like crap? I ran Crysis games on ultra and didn't encounter any of this low frames sh^t.

On ultra the game is running on 15-60 fps depends on the area if it's open or closed one.

Turned everything on low now it's running mostly at 60fps and the looks didn't change much which is awesome but what does that mean? does it means that they've added crappy unoptimized effects?

I know Grid games uses basic textures but added tons of awesome effects that doesn't require much and improve the overall graphics alot.

The requirements are FX6XXX, HD7850 I'm sure my rig is a bit more powerful than that.

Anyone else encountered low fps?

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@PredatorRules: I have it on Xbox One. The gameplay is very repetitive and 80% quick time events. It's not horrid but it's definitely not great. I'd wait until the Xmas sale ($20ish) if I were you.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

Ok, so the game does look great thanks to CryEngine but should it work like crap? I ran Crysis games on ultra and didn't encounter any of this low frames sh^t.

On ultra the game is running on 15-60 fps depends on the area if it's open or closed one.

Turned everything on low now it's running mostly at 60fps and the looks didn't change much which is awesome but what does that mean? does it means that they've added crappy unoptimized effects?

I know Grid games uses basic textures but added tons of awesome effects that doesn't require much and improve the overall graphics alot.

The requirements are FX6XXX, HD7850 I'm sure my rig is a bit more powerful than that.

Anyone else encountered low fps?

I ran it on ultra all the way through no problems whatsoever.

Turn off super sampling it this game has it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46281 Posts

I have a HD7950

Couldn't run Crysis 3 on ultra, but I'm running this game close to ultra. It also looks better than crysis (but levels are way more linear)

I'd say this is an excellent port. In fact it's not even a port, Crytek always had a PC build in development next to the Xbox version.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@PredatorRules: Graphically the game is great and it ran quite well for me on the weaker of my two computers (gtx770 2gb, i74770k, 8Gb ram) with all settings except textures on Ultra I recon I had about 50 fps average. I remember the forest part after the boats was the most taxing.

As for the game though ...after the first 15 minutes of gameplay it becomes really repetitive. The same 3 enemies attack you throughout the game until about 2 thirds of the way in when the enemies have different models but the same animations and attacks as the ones you have already been fighting, and that continues to the end of the game.

The cut scenes and voice acting are probably the best I have seen in any game though and are the only reason to carry on playing it to the end. Its a good game to watch.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I think I would enjoy this game for about 20 bucks lol