Rise of the Tomb Raider's timed exclusivity + your thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NewWellofGabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NewWellofGabe
Member since 2015 • 113 Posts

Is there any news for a PC release? I know that it is a timed Xbox exclusive, and I really do not want to have to use my 360 to play it. Seeing as how it is set for holiday 2015, I should probably not expect to be getting it until Q1/Q2 2016?

This also raises the question of timed exclusivity in general. Do you agree with the practice? Personally, I think it's bullshit.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

why complain when you get the best version

we all know the xbone version will be 1080p like 30 fps low shadow low graphics

pc will be like 4k 60 fps high settings

would u rather get some beatup truck for a year or wait in a year and get a porsche or something plus they can work on it longer an add stuff to it for the new graphics cards like hair or something enhancements

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

BS or not... money talks. Best to be patient. They will not market the PC version until a while after the XB1 release. The whole point is to make it look like you have to buy an XB1 to play it. It is coming to PC and will be way better on PC.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

We have so many games to choose from on this wonderful platform, a few being timed exclusives shouldn't ever be a big concern, except in crossplatform multiplayer games like SF5.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

The worst thing about a console trying to generate sales through timed exclusives? it will probably work.

There are so many games you could sink 1000s of hours into on PC it's hard to even remember when games were originally released (unless they don't support widescreen hehe)

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I'm not very happy about having to wait 6+ months just because MS paid the publishers. I really liked Tomb Raider 2013 and this is sounding even better, hopefully its worth the wait.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

Generally I didn't care for Tomb Raider (the new one) so it doesn't bother me. However, if it was a series I enjoyed, it would obviously be annoying.

The PR jargon they were spouting about Microsoft helping them was patronizing as ****.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@newwellofgabe said:

Is there any news for a PC release? I know that it is a timed Xbox exclusive, and I really do not want to have to use my 360 to play it. Seeing as how it is set for holiday 2015, I should probably not expect to be getting it until Q1/Q2 2016?

This also raises the question of timed exclusivity in general. Do you agree with the practice? Personally, I think it's bullshit.

Well, timed exclusivity is certainly better than absolute exclusivity.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I really don't care if it comes to other platforms. If the sequel is a dramatically different game from the original, then maybe i'll have some interest. However, considering the way most AAA games work these days, it's probably just going to be a minor upgrade from the original game.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

I really don't care if it comes to other platforms. If the sequel is a dramatically different game from the original, then maybe i'll have some interest. However, considering the way most AAA games work these days, it's probably just going to be a minor upgrade from the original game.

Pretty much this right here... It will be more of the same with a different coat of paint for the setting...

In that case I can wait for a very long time if needed.

NewWellofGabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NewWellofGabe
Member since 2015 • 113 Posts

@ProtossX said:

we all know the xbone version will be 1080p like 30 fps low shadow low graphics

More like 792p 30 fps.

@Cobra_nVidia said:

The worst thing about a console trying to generate sales through timed exclusives? it will probably work.

There are so many games you could sink 1000s of hours into on PC it's hard to even remember when games were originally released (unless they don't support widescreen hehe)

True, I'm still enjoying Garry's Mod to this day,

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Chatch09 said:

A desperate attempt by M$ that will probably not turn out successful. Are you about to buy an XB1 for Tomb Raider? Didnt think so. Im a HUGE Halo fan and not even Halo 5 or Master Chief collection was enough to get me to buy an XB1 (though I have been really wanting to relive the Halo 2 MP epicness....)

The timed exclusive isn't meant for people to go out and buy an XB1, it's meant for people that have both an XB1 and PC.

They will buy it first on XB1, and then some of them will buy it for PC.